COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Fanfiction Upside Down [V x OC] (1 Viewer)

ParksQueen301

Park boys are king
Reactions Received
Website
www.tumblr.com
KS Coins
Fandom
multi
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Chapter 1

Madi’s POV

I moved my pencil around the empty page my notebook was opened to as I doodled during a lecture on World War I. The teacher, Mr. Coleman, has a very monotonous speaking voice, especially when he’s teaching; this makes class very boring for me.

I was in the middle of some random sketch when I heard a book slam hard against my desk. I looked up to see Mr. Coleman giving me “the look”.

“Burke!” he yelled. “I asked you a question.” He repeated the question he’d apparently just asked me, to which I simply shrugged.

“Beats me,” I mumbled.

Mr. Coleman frowned. “Well, then! This is the third time this week I’ve caught you doing something BESIDES paying attention; we’re going to have a little chat after class. Have I made myself clear?”

I slouched in my seat. “Yes, sir,” I said meekly as the kids around me let out not-so-subtle snickers.

After class, I remained in my seat, and Mr. Coleman took the one next to me, crossing his arms over his chest.

“Miss Burke,” he said in a disappointed tone.

“Yes?” I stage-whispered.

“You know the rules in my class – on the top of the list of rules is, ‘Pay attention at all times’. And because you weren’t, and this is the third time in a row, I’m going to give you a detention.” I opened my mouth, but he put a silencing hand out. “And you will write me a ten-page essay on Woodrow Wilson during World War I.”

“O-Okay,” I stuttered, ashamed of myself. “When’s the paper due?”

“I’m giving you until next Friday,” Mr. Coleman said as he wrote up the detention slip, “so I suggest you get cracking. You may leave now.”

Embarrassed at myself, I quickly and quietly collected my books and headed for my locker to get ready to leave. Waiting there was my identical twin sister Cassidy.

“Did you get Coleman’d again?” she asked, noticing the slip in my hand.

I sighed. “I have detention on Friday and a ten-page paper due next week. I just wish I could… I don’t know, run away or something.”

“Yeah, he sure can be evil, can’t he?”

“Oh, absolutely!”

When we got outside, I saw my older brother Jake’s Honda Civic waiting for us in the pickup area.

“How was school for you guys?” Jake asked while Cassidy and I got situated in the backseat. When we were ready, Jake gunned the engine and drove us home.

“Coleman gave me a freaking essay to write,” I said, rolling my eyes. “All because I was doodling.”

Jake laughed. “Well, what did you expect for not paying attention? Is it a long one?”

“Ten pages, and I only have until next Friday.”

“I wish you the best of luck, then. What about you, Cass?”

The three of us talked about our days until Jake dropped us off at home. There, we each hugged and kissed him goodbye and headed inside. Mom, who was downstairs in the family room, working on her computer, greeted us with a cheerful, “Hey, girls! Can you come down and talk with me for a second?”

“Sure,” Cassidy said. Mom saved her work and moved to the couch, where Cassidy and I flanked her.

“First things first – Madilyn, I just got a call from Mr. Coleman. Have you been doodling in class again?”

“Yeah,” I said, slowly nodding.

“I’m extremely disappointed in you. I know history isn’t your strong suit, but that doesn’t mean you can just do whatever you like. You’re grounded for three days – got it?”

“Okay.”

“So, what’s the big news?” Cassidy asked.

“Do you remember when your father and I divorced twelve years ago?”

Dad had filed for divorce shortly after mine and Cassidy’s third birthday because he’d been having an affair behind Mom’s back and was leaving her for the girl he cheated with. As it turned out, Dad had knocked the other girl up and didn’t want her to find out about us.

“Vividly,” I said bitterly.

“Well, I got a call from our lawyer saying that he wants to have custody of you. If it all pans out, you’ll be moving to California with him.”

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread