COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

News US Capitol in lockdown with Politicians inside as Trump attempts coup, supporters storm building (1 Viewer)

LeeHoseok

ᵀᴴᴬᵀ Monbebe/WENEE
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Weneebebe
Pronouns
Any
Yes, this is America in 2021.

Civil war is trending on Twitter.
There are right-wing nuts in the chambers, screaming.
Capitol police don't seem too keen on stopping this.
This is what happens when lies are broadcast as truths.
America is on the verge of a total breakdown.​

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I knew they were going to protest and it would be bad but actually watching a coup in my country in real time is just terrifying

LeeHoseok

ᵀᴴᴬᵀ Monbebe/WENEE
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Weneebebe
Pronouns
Any
I knew they were going to protest and it would be bad but actually watching a coup in my country in real time is just terrifying
I'm absolutely horrified. I saw this coming, but it's still entirely surreal that in 2021 this is the America we live in. We're a disgrace, I am disgusted.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
The Pentagon is refusing to send in the National Guard to reclaim the Capitol.
Apparently the DC national guard has to answer directly to the President.....

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I'm absolutely horrified. I saw this coming, but it's still entirely surreal that in 2021 this is the America we live in. We're a disgrace, I am disgusted.
yeah I definitely knew it was going to be bad but I guess I didn't expect it to be so easy for them to get into the building and face no push back from police or national guard

LeeHoseok

ᵀᴴᴬᵀ Monbebe/WENEE
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Weneebebe
Pronouns
Any
yeah I definitely knew it was going to be bad but I guess I didn't expect it to be so easy for them to get into the building and face no push back from police or national guard
I'm entirely unsurprised because the cops are likely mostly Trump supporters. They are on the same side as the terrorists, there's no reason for them to stop them when they have the same goals. That's why all we're seeing is some half-hearted attempts at holding the line. Black folks peacefully protest and they send in the troops. White terrorists literally storm the US Capitol and all we get is a shrug and handle it yourselves.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
And knowing America nothing will be done because no one wants "exsessive force" to hurt the feelings of people breaking the law. They had PLENTY of time to prevent this but no one did a thing. They allowed Trump to attempt his coup despite warnings from other countries that suffered coups.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I'm entirely unsurprised because the cops are likely mostly Trump supporters. They are on the same side as the terrorists, there's no reason for them to stop them when they have the same goals. That's why all we're seeing is some half-hearted attempts at holding the line. Black folks peacefully protest and they send in the troops. White terrorists literally storm the US Capitol and all we get is a shrug and handle it yourselves.
honestly, this is a great argument for the abolition of police because they are absolutely doing nothing right now

LeeHoseok

ᵀᴴᴬᵀ Monbebe/WENEE
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Weneebebe
Pronouns
Any
honestly, this is a great argument for the abolition of police because they are absolutely doing nothing right now
As a Minnesotan who has been screaming about how corrupt the police are for years, I fully agree. Suddenly when a bunch of white terrorists attempt to help a President with a coup, all cops have the ability to rationally reason and try to talk people down without shooting them on sight, while simultaneously making ZERO progress on the "protect and serve" aspect of their jobs.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
As a Minnesotan who has been screaming about how corrupt the police are for years, I fully agree. Suddenly when a bunch of white terrorists attempt to help a President with a coup, all cops have the ability to rationally reason and try to talk people down without shooting them on sight, while simultaneously making ZERO progress on the "protect and serve" aspect of their jobs.
YOu expect these someone to talk these brainless idiots down? Please I rather someone just shoot them the moment they broke in. How many countries would have continued to sit on their hands when/if shit liek this happens

Yes police is corrupt, yes there is an issue with the police

But just saying BYE to the police and defunding them rather then figuring out how to rebuild the police force will cause more trouble like this. Cops won't do anything, look how many times people went barking at cops when they tried to do shit. If anythign now they have an excuse not to do anything.

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Flashback to last spring when a bunch of armed citizens where outside a state capitol with guns screaming, hitting and grabbing officers weapons.
Didn't shit happen to them

Actions don't speak louder than Melanin

LeeHoseok

ᵀᴴᴬᵀ Monbebe/WENEE
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Weneebebe
Pronouns
Any
YOu expect these someone to talk these brainless idiots down? Please I rather someone just shoot them the moment they broke in. How many countries would have continued to sit on their hands when/if shit liek this happens

Yes police is corrupt, yes there is an issue with the police

But just saying BYE to the police and defunding them rather then figuring out how to rebuild the police force will cause more trouble like this. Cops won't do anything, look how many times people went barking at cops when they tried to do shit. If anythign now they have an excuse not to do anything.
I don't think you understand what defunding really means. Defunding means taking away all the money they use on ridiculous shit like MRAPs and items they don't need and reinvesting it into the community for things like crisis counselors, etc, stuff that cops aren't trained to do but expected to do and obviously suck at. If you don't know what something is, don't start calling it a problem. Defunding is NECESSARY. Abolishing and restructuring is necessary. Many departments as they are cannot be fixed. It's best to restart from scratch and that's what defunding is part of. It's taking superfluous funds from cops and investing them into community support that takes the burden off of police to allow them to focus on doing what they were hired to do, which is protect and serve their communities.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I don't think you understand what defunding really means. Defunding means taking away all the money they use on ridiculous shit like MRAPs and items they don't need and reinvesting it into the community for things like crisis counselors, etc, stuff that cops aren't trained to do but expected to do and obviously suck at. If you don't know what something is, don't start calling it a problem. Defunding is NECESSARY. Abolishing and restructuring is necessary. Many departments as they are cannot be fixed. It's best to restart from scratch and that's what defunding is part of. It's taking superfluous funds from cops and investing them into community support that takes the burden off of police to allow them to focus on doing what they were hired to do, which is protect and serve their communities.
and what you don't undersand is America isn't designed for that. We need a whole whooping make over and a big look at our police, first responders, and social workers. America is designed on one big huge flawed system and people can't grasp there is no simple solution. Especially with those bleeding hearts who will find flaws with any attempts at fixing.

LeeHoseok

ᵀᴴᴬᵀ Monbebe/WENEE
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Weneebebe
Pronouns
Any
and what you don't undersand is America isn't designed for that. We need a whole whooping make over and a big look at our police, first responders, and social workers. America is designed on one big huge flawed system and people can't grasp there is no simple solution. Especially with those bleeding hearts who will find flaws with any attempts at fixing.
Everything has to start somewhere, going, "America isn't designed for that" isn't about to change anything. You can't just upend everything at once, especially now. Yes, everything needs to change, but every change starts with something small and snowballs. If you're just going to be a pessimist in the middle of a historically awful day for this country, maybe just don't.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
yeah I've definitely been on the side of police abolition seeing how they treated BLM protesters. I guess I still had a small hope they'd do something right but instead I get videos of capitol police taking selfies with rioters

Reactions Received
KS Coins
HOly crap anyone else catch Trumps speech to tell them to go home? He started out with his usual lie then said just go home just go in peace.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread