COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

VIPs vs ARMYs again? -_- (1 Viewer)

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
First of all I'm both army and vip so I'm just... in the middle of this :\

-------------------------

Recently tensions between VIP and ARMY have reached new extremes, in light of the Burning Sun scandal . Although BTS have no connection to BIGBANG Seungri‘s scandal, their widespread popularity has made them easy targets for criticism. ARMYs too claim to have been “attacked”, despite not being involved in the situation.

Recently, BTS’s official Instagram account was flooded with hateful comments directed at BTS and ARMYs. The comments were allegedly made by “vapes”, immature BIGBANG fans who do not represent the VIP community as a whole.

To combat this negativity, and to keep BTS from reading the hate comments, ARMYs have flooded BTS’s Instagram posts with purple hearts.

On Twitter, ARMYs have asked VIPs to address the issue, and to discourage “vapes” from bringing BTS into it.

ARMYs have also apologized to VIP for the BTS fans who have involved themselves in “#SeungriRetirementParty”, and more.

source

Opinions?

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
BTS has been getting so much praise from the GP in light of Seungri's scandal...
Armys are weird creatures

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Exo L
Ship
Maybe I'm totally wrong for this, but... the purple heart thing is cute.

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Too many dumb teenagers on the internet.

taemkitten

누난 너무 예뻐
Reactions Received
KS Coins
It's been a hot mess all around.

Some angry VIP were looking for an outlet and found a few ARMY trash talking VIP/BB/Seungri and lashed out, then a snowball of anger and fanwar started back and forth, generalizing entire fandoms and groups (as per usual) because of a few assholes that felt it necessary to be children about a serious situation, and a few over-emotional fans that needed to redirect their (likely) anger and frustration with what's happening in regards to Seungri and Big Bang at the moment somewhere, and easiest target is BTS and ARMY.

Two big, clashing fandoms that have prior beef, running off of various emotions on both sides, coming together during a time of euphoria and happiness for ARMY (new comeback, huge success on the stadium tours etc, group's in a pretty good place at the moment resting/relaxing/enjoying life) and the complete opposite for VIP (I don't even need to highlight why) are never a good recipe.

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
I have seen theories about Bighit and BTS being involved in trying to bring Big Bang down, but those mostly seem like jokes and trolls rather than people really believing in them. But maybe that's sth more immature fans could succumb cause there is some people who believe silliest things.

However I can see some Armys being bit gleeful about the situation too and pissing up VIPs about this, you don't really need much for fanwar between two fandoms to happen. Some poking at another fandom and other are quick to jump on that too. Both fandoms haven't been best of buddies in long while so it doesn't take much. I'm more inclined to think armys did sth to warrant this response on vips, i don't see really motivation of vips even immature one's jumping on bts about this when they aren't related in anyway.

mirella

✧✦ soloist akgae ✦✧
Reactions Received
Website
www.last.fm
KS Coins
Fandom
EXO-L?
Ship
Wreck
I don't like when fandoms use another artist's downfall to fuel their petty fanwars. Taking satisfaction out of this is somewhat twisted.

taemkitten

누난 너무 예뻐
Reactions Received
KS Coins
The biggest issue, of course, wasn't so much "fanwar" from VIP attacking ARMY, it was VIP going directly to BTS' instagram and social media and trashing it, telling them to monitor and teach their fans etc and also bashing TWICE as well (I saw this elsewhere, though it seemed to only be a handful of users). While I agree that there have been more than enough occassions where ARMY have gotten ridiculous and out of hand, especially in regards to situations (ie the Momoland situation not that long ago, among other things), flooding the artist's social media with such things as were flooded and in essence trashing the artist's fans simultaneously, is just....nope.

Both fandoms, as they are so large, have a very prominent sector that are trash and toxic - we all know this - and it's again not surprising that the first group to reach out to in releasing the anger and frustration would be via ARMY.

It's not the only fandom they've angered though, in the past few days. Even Shawols have had beef with them (yes, Shawols) due to a handful on Twitter trying to shield Seungri and talk of his "fragile, emotional state/depression/mental health that could lead him to a similar path as SHINee's Jonghyun" - something we don't appreciate, as Jonghyun was affected by his depression and anxiety long before entering the entertainment world (it didn't START because of becoming an idol, it was something that as depression is, was a chemical imbalance in his brain and was only further worsened by being in the limelight/being an idol - but he didn't commit crimes either, to receive this pressure, and regardless, he's not a poster boy for depression or "what can happen if you don't support oppa/what can happen if an idol suddenly makes a quick decision" etc).

But yeah.

Clearly I'm frustrated at a large number of VIP, but, as always with ARMY when I get frustrated, it doesn't mean I am angry with or frustrated with all of them - just those that are so blind to things, and ignorant to things.

Whew. Sorry that was kind of a rant more than anything >>

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
It's so dumb that these tweens are making this some petty fandom war thing. It goes beyond that. We're talking about prostitution, drugs, rape, illegal filming etc.. This is not your usual "my oppas are better than your oppas" nonsense. This is actual serious stuff. There are actual victims who want justice. There are actual criminals that need to be punished. There is actual corruption that needs to be addressed.

Someone call these kids' parents and then someone call their schools, they're not educating them properly.

GoldenBunny

RM's Bonsai Nanny
Reactions Received
KS Coins
It's been a hot mess all around.

Some angry VIP were looking for an outlet and found a few ARMY trash talking VIP/BB/Seungri and lashed out, then a snowball of anger and fanwar started back and forth, generalizing entire fandoms and groups (as per usual) because of a few assholes that felt it necessary to be children about a serious situation, and a few over-emotional fans that needed to redirect their (likely) anger and frustration with what's happening in regards to Seungri and Big Bang at the moment somewhere, and easiest target is BTS and ARMY.

Two big, clashing fandoms that have prior beef, running off of various emotions on both sides, coming together during a time of euphoria and happiness for ARMY (new comeback, huge success on the stadium tours etc, group's in a pretty good place at the moment resting/relaxing/enjoying life) and the complete opposite for VIP (I don't even need to highlight why) are never a good recipe.
The biggest issue, of course, wasn't so much "fanwar" from VIP attacking ARMY, it was VIP going directly to BTS' instagram and social media and trashing it, telling them to monitor and teach their fans etc and also bashing TWICE as well (I saw this elsewhere, though it seemed to only be a handful of users). While I agree that there have been more than enough occassions where ARMY have gotten ridiculous and out of hand, especially in regards to situations (ie the Momoland situation not that long ago, among other things), flooding the artist's social media with such things as were flooded and in essence trashing the artist's fans simultaneously, is just....nope.

Both fandoms, as they are so large, have a very prominent sector that are trash and toxic - we all know this - and it's again not surprising that the first group to reach out to in releasing the anger and frustration would be via ARMY.

It's not the only fandom they've angered though, in the past few days. Even Shawols have had beef with them (yes, Shawols) due to a handful on Twitter trying to shield Seungri and talk of his "fragile, emotional state/depression/mental health that could lead him to a similar path as SHINee's Jonghyun" - something we don't appreciate, as Jonghyun was affected by his depression and anxiety long before entering the entertainment world (it didn't START because of becoming an idol, it was something that as depression is, was a chemical imbalance in his brain and was only further worsened by being in the limelight/being an idol - but he didn't commit crimes either, to receive this pressure, and regardless, he's not a poster boy for depression or "what can happen if you don't support oppa/what can happen if an idol suddenly makes a quick decision" etc).

But yeah.

Clearly I'm frustrated at a large number of VIP, but, as always with ARMY when I get frustrated, it doesn't mean I am angry with or frustrated with all of them - just those that are so blind to things, and ignorant to things.

Whew. Sorry that was kind of a rant more than anything >>
Incredibly said. both fandoms are massive and these loud minorities don't represent everyone and tensions and emotions are running high. No one on my TL or other ARMY spaces I'm in are taking any pleasure in this, but I block and avoid immature ARMY. ARMY has a slightly better non-insane rate than any other big fan faction I've been a part of In my experience, but there are so many and they are so loud and active on social media it doesn't help when drama happens and isolated incidents of other-group stans being horrible are treated like some big assault and a wave of dramatic emotion spreads like a virus.

We have to just remember they're not representative of either group of stans. The ugliest faction of VIPs is coming out because it's a horrible situation, but that underbelly exists in all mammoth crowds and it's more about human nature than anything about Big Bang, Kpop, or any other type of fan.

Sorry to all BB fans who are having to deal with this and fans of other YG artists who worry they're going to be in limbo. This sucks, and so do the nasty jerks and all the blind emotion that's been stirred up and added to it all. ETA: like @JungYoda says it is so much bigger than kpop or BB or any of it, but that's hard for people to see when they're trapped in the swamp of Angry Stan SNS.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread