COME JOIN US!
Join an amazing community of KPOP fans and start discussing about your favorite KPOP stars.
Register Now

DarlingBlue

we loved drizzly days, they were beautiful
Reactions Received
Ship

Jimin

Spooks the Friendly Ghost — 👻
Reactions Received
Ship
Welp... Here comes the drama...

And bts already said they wanted to go through serving... Just let them do it, damn.

DarlingBlue

Reactions Received
Ship
Welp... Here comes the drama...

And bts already said they wanted to go through serving... Just let them do it, damn.
As long as it’s just a postponement... I am not for them being exempted from the military enlisment.
I'm curious at how narrowly, or broadly, this will get applied.
Obviously this was written with BTS in mind but I wonder if groups like SVT, Sperm and NCT count because of their success overseas as well

DarlingBlue

Reactions Received
Ship
On comeback day too...

Hally

Celebrity
Reactions Received
Ship
I'm curious at how narrowly, or broadly, this will get applied.
Obviously this was written with BTS in mind but I wonder if groups like SVT, Sperm and NCT count because of their success overseas as well
Good question. I don’t know which metrics are going to be taken into account to determine who can benefit from a military postponement and who can’t.

Suzy

KIM KAI
Reactions Received
Ship
I thought deferring until 30 was already what most idols were doing these days though... So what exactly makes this law different?

Also Jin literally said today that they will serve when it's their time to do so I wish they would just let it go already. This is just going to bring them unnecessary hate.

As a male citizen of the Republic of Korea, mandatory enlistment is a given, and when the country calls, we will gladly respond. I am planning to serve diligently when the time comes. The members and I have discussed this topic often, and we all agreed that we want to serve our mandatory military service duties.
source

Jimin

Reactions Received
Ship
On comeback day too...
I do wonder if this was planned... Either by a competing company (by dirty money/influence, etc.) or otherwise lol. The timing is impeccable. But ofc that's just speculation and nothing more.

Reo

Ace of Hearts
Reactions Received
I thought deferring until 30 was already what most idols were doing these days though... So what exactly makes this law different?

Also Jin literally said today that they will serve when it's their time to do so I wish they would just let it go already. This is just going to bring them unnecessary hate.
Yeah that's what I've known as well, people always used to say that they can push it back till they are 30 but then they have to go

karina

🌈 ❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the buddy hole & flover garden ღ
Ship
Wreck
    • Administrator
    • Awards Team
    • Press Team
this just screams like drama bout to happen

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
Reactions Received
I don't really know what good giving them an extra 2 years is meant to do, it's just delaying the inevitable and the rules on who gets exemption seem too vague, I can see it causing MAJOR drama down the line, especially with the way SM likes to throw their weight around behind the scenes.

I've heard that it's actually been SM pushing for this reform behind the scenes all along and they've just been using BTS's name as a shield in the press while they push their own agenda...

Jimin

Reactions Received
Ship
I don't really know what good giving them an extra 2 years is meant to do, it's just delaying the inevitable and the rules on who gets exemption seem too vague, I can see it causing MAJOR drama down the line, especially with the way SM likes to throw their weight around behind the scenes.

I've heard that it's actually been SM pushing for this reform behind the scenes all along and they've just been using BTS's name as a shield in the press while they push their own agenda...
I'm glad you said this lol. SM was the one exactly on my mind but I was wary about throwing names around and getting yelled at by SM fans :wimwim: I'm not in a drama mood LOL

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
Reactions Received
I'm glad you said this lol. SM was the one exactly on my mind but I was wary about throwing names around and getting yelled at by SM fans :wimwim: I'm not in a drama mood LOL
Oh, I wouldn't have posted this on any other site but I feel like people are chill and rational here so even if they disagreed, it'd be more of a debate than an argument...

Jimin

Reactions Received
Ship
Oh, I wouldn't have posted this on any other site but I feel like people are chill and rational here so even if they disagreed, it'd be more of a debate than an argument...
B-but I might be seen as biased as a bts stan anyway idk :jisoosmh: :jisoosmh:

I HAVE PTSD FROM KPOP FANDOM WARS OK *cry*

Jimin

Reactions Received
Ship

yellowcoat

Trainee
Reactions Received
On another note, I just don´t understand why they would want to postpone it themselves. I have read about the Korean military service (yes, on the Internet; no, I don´t anyone personally; Sure, everyone has a different experience and blabla) and apparently military service is an annoying nuance every Korean man has to go through. It is belittling, physically hard and everyone just can´t get over with it (apart from a small percentage who have a thing for military and would have just ended up being soldiers anyway), but it is kind of a "bonding manly thing" and everyone enjoys complaining about their military days and share those stories of "remember when your mother sent you the most delicious cake and we had it in the barracks while our captain yelled at us and we had to do 100 push-ups" etc.

But most people do their military service when they are really young, pre-university, post-university. Would they really want to be in the same group with 18-year-old boys when they are 30? Wouldn´t it just be a shame? (no offense here) Military could be a time to take off their "idol mask off" and get back to reality which they had left when they were 16-17 and joined the training companies.

In my opinion, either let them do their time properly or just exclude them from their military service altogether. It is not like the 7 of them would win the war or anything. If they want to do it, let them and now I´m talking about BTS. We can all be biased about our own preferences, but we all know that at this given moment, right now, right here, they are the biggest and most popular group and they work really really hard. Maybe the military training could be a bit of a holiday for them :D.

Users who are viewing this thread

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Reo Korea 5
Mr_Boogie Korea 13
maruberry Korea 34
maruberry Korea 1
DarlingBlue Korea 5