COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Solo Wendy Red velvet Thread (3 Viewers)

Is Wendy your bias?

• Total voters

dnb

Supporting Table Unnie
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Reveluv, Sone
warmblue has a long translation thread of an exchange between Wendy and Son Taejin on SBS Youngstreet.

Talking about <Be Deep>

Wendy: When I first received the song [demo], the version already had Son Taejin-nim’s voice recorded. And I thought, my voice is going to be added onto such beautiful voice and such beautiful song!?

Son Taejin: It was the opposite - for me on the contrary, I thought that if Wendy sang it, that’s just perfect

Son Taejin: Honestly, I wouldn’t know what it [the end product] would be like until you recorded, but you exceeded my expectations. I’m speaking from my heart. I was there with the two from MeloMance when you recorded - and we were out there [of the recording booth] clapping and letting out breathes of satisfaction. I’m serious!

Wendy: You even came to see me record even though you had a schedule. Although it was only 5 minutes, you came although you only had such little time to spare, I was so thankful

Son Taejin: I had no choice but to go, THE Wendy came.

Son Taejin: In my stance, of course I must go and listen.

Son Taejin: I never sang <Be Deep> in any other broadcasts even when they requested, because I wanted YS to be the first time. I’ve been saving it for this day.

Son Taejin: Honestly, to talk about the recording process, it ended very quickly

Wendy: No…

Son Taejin: No it really did end very quickly. Also, the atmopshere in recording booths are usually very sensitive for everyone

Wendy: Really? I felt very good though?

STJ: But you were so bright, so we just admired

Wendy: No no. I really like recording. I personally felt that I took quite long though

STJ: No not at all! On the contrary, it seems like you’re a perfectionist, so you weren’t satisfied with yourself. I felt that you sang really well.

Wanso: I feel like listening to a Christmas carol after listening to <Be Deep>

Son Taejin: By the way, I really like Wendy’s Christmas carol. <Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas>. It’s really wow.

Son Taejin: I actually imagined how it [end result of Be Deep] would be like while listening to that song. You kinda have a Disney-like voice, and I thought that would really fit very well. <Be Deep> really does seem like a carol song too, fit for winter.

Son Taejin: What surprised me was, while recording, I wondered if what I was hearing is really live, or they’re just playing the recorded audio. I mean, although there’s no harm to compliment, what I said is really from the bottom of my heart.

Talking about Christmas carols:

Wendy: If you have some free time this Christmas, would you by any chance, be able to come to YS and sing some duet carols with me?

Son Taejin: I can even cancel all the schedules that I have

dnb

Supporting Table Unnie
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Reveluv, Sone
The following is from a different interview/show (not Wendy's):

(Thanks to Godi_kang for the original transcription and to warmblue for the translation.)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread