COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

What happened to SMNGG? (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
What happened to SMNGG? There was a lot of buzz around them and even a rumored lineup was discussed on several forums but they still nowhere to be seen...
Did SME change their plans? Trainees aren't ready yet? Is because of RV?

:susPepe:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
What happened to SMNGG? There was a lot of buzz around them and even a rumored lineup was discussed on several forums but they still nowhere to be seen...
Did SME change their plans? Trainees aren't ready yet? Is because of RV?

:susPepe:
Wait let me call Lee Soo Man.

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I think sm is waiting out for something.

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
SM is struggling to re-create the next SNSD. They had a 3 line ups ready and scrapped all 3 for their new GG. So many of their visual and vocal trainees left the company. Honestly, I don't know what's going on with SM but these last 3 years have been dark times for the company. Maybe not profit wise but their brand image has definitely taken quite a beating.

mysteric

.*゚+ rest in peace our little pear blossom *+.
Reactions Received
Website
aespas.carrd.com
KS Coins
Fandom
MeU & MY
Pronouns
she ♡ her
Ship
Yiyang left a while ago TT
I just want to see Ningning debut:bigcatcry:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
SM is struggling to re-create the next SNSD. They had a 3 line ups ready and scrapped all 3 for their new GG. So many of their visual and vocal trainees left the company. Honestly, I don't know what's going on with SM but these last 3 years have been dark times for the company. Maybe not profit wise but their brand image has definitely taken quite a beating.
I think they have realized by now that there's no way they can replicate SNSD, times have changed a lot as well as the demographics. It's not that they need a new gg though, they have more than enough with the female acts they have now but the sudden silence around SMNGG is weird.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
It's a new big 3 GG. Everyone will always be excited for a big 3 NGG. They probably already have a fanbase in Korea too. Easily will sell 50K or above with their debut album.
The way everyone is asking about them it seems like SM already announced a debut and cancelled it ( and that is not the case). SM cant even take care of the artists they have now and it seems people want them to debut more. Right now SM has so many artists compared to other companies( 5 boy groups and 3 GGs). Members of groups that are inactive are active as individuals. Also, it seems everyone has forgotten a new SM group debuted this year(WayV). With this many individual activities and group activities SM is already incapable of handling the schedules everything is just messy and people want them to debut more groups. They have to figure everything out now before debuting a new group. It is better to take their time because a group is an investment. Red Velvet is 5 this year and that is the same difference between the years F(x) and RV debuted.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
There are 6 'know ' girls its assumed there are at least 3 maybe 6 more.
(some still think SM really really wants to go 'shining star' with them)
Sadly with the chaos that is China maybe they are chilling a bit over exposing PRC trainees to public life(where they might be forced to back the admin).

For all the fans ect i think NCT has become an massive albatross. Not from a profitability standpoint all the units are big enough to be making money, but from a status/ prestige view point they are not advancing the brand. Super M is a try to combat this.

The Female side is a wreck status wise.
Yoona's movie is killing it atm and her album sold well for a soloist. Taeyeon is selling but has not really done promotions or events in the public eye for years. Hyoyeon while doing well as a DJ does not really help the brand. Sunny pulled way back quitting her radio gig and just got a tv show. Yuri feels missing since her album.
fx is fx the public really only cared about the group kinda sorta and is more involved in if anything Krystal.
RV is basically the female face and they are doing great, but style issues while making them popular with industry folks make it hard for the gp to stay involved.

I find it hard to believe they do not have quality kids in system. If the bench is that empty then maybe the paradigm has shifted similar to american college basketballs transition to one and done.

Or they just cannot decide what to do, but that would seem to be a failure of leadership. Supposedly LSM had made SRNGG his baby and was personally overseeing it.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
For all the fans ect i think NCT has become an massive albatross. Not from a profitability standpoint all the units are big enough to be making money, but from a status/ prestige view point they are not advancing the brand. Super M is a try to combat this.
Or they just cannot decide what to do, but that would seem to be a failure of leadership. Supposedly LSM had made SRNGG his baby and was personally overseeing it.
I was thinking about this recently, I believe NCT has become really difficult to handle and maybe that's the reason why we have seen the company getting kinda 'sloppy' in recent years. Of course, is not as they need a new gg right now but the female idols of the company aren't getting younger and, unfortunately, that's really important for business.
I honestly can't understand how Super M will push SM's brand. With all due respect to the fans of those boys, the group seems like a super desperate tactic to promote overseas and the worst part is that they don't need it at all.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
The way everyone is asking about them it seems like SM already announced a debut and cancelled it ( and that is not the case). SM cant even take care of the artists they have now and it seems people want them to debut more. Right now SM has so many artists compared to other companies( 5 boy groups and 3 GGs). Members of groups that are inactive are active as individuals. Also, it seems everyone has forgotten a new SM group debuted this year(WayV). With this many individual activities and group activities SM is already incapable of handling the schedules everything is just messy and people want them to debut more groups. They have to figure everything out now before debuting a new group. It is better to take their time because a group is an investment. Red Velvet is 5 this year and that is the same difference between the years F(x) and RV debuted.
SNSD was still dominating up thru 2014 when RV debut, and was impactful in 2015 during rv's icc and DD periods with Party and Lionheart.
that allowed them to go longer, but 2016 changed everything. OOTN was and is niche popular but the gp has never cared. 5 acts(t,bp, gfriend, bol 4, MMM and to some extent IOI but that is more a a paradigm change) blew up in 2016 and RV went backwards. RR acted as a brake to that and the other R's got things moving positively.
Now with reality groups grabbing up kids, and with out a clear plan even if they have one, It looks like SM is lost in the woods. Now they are masters at coming out of that we will just have to see.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
I was thinking about this recently, I believe NCT has become really difficult to handle and maybe that's the reason why we have seen the company getting kinda 'sloppy' in recent years. Of course, is not as they need a new gg right now but the female idols of the company aren't getting younger and, unfortunately, that's really important for business.
I honestly can't understand how Super M will push SM's brand. With all due respect to the fans of those boys, the group seems like a super desperate tactic to promote overseas and the worst part is that they don't need it at all.
Agreeed Super M is bizarre I do not see it ending well, but hey i don't get paid to make that call.

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
I mean that's why more and more people are talking about it now. 5 years have passed since RV debut. That is the time span most idol groups have to peak. If they can't peak within 5 years, they'll probably never peak. RV has definitely peaked. Now, people are looking for SM's next big GG and there's absolutely no official news about them yet. Not even proper media play. It's worrying tbh. Well, it's not like RV got proper media play either. They were announced abruptly and debut abruptly, which is probably why they could never live up to SNSD. But yeah, people are really looking for the next SNSD and SM is failing to deliver.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread