COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

What made you stan your ult group(s)? (1 Viewer)

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Moa
Ship
What was the first song you heard by them? Where did you hear it and what turned you into the fan you are today?

For me:

BTS

My friends showed my Dope in a noisy hall filled with people but I enjoyed it anyway (especially the dancing) and ended up checking out their videos and stanning.

A.C.E
I've been following them since pre-debut with their busking and dance practices. As soon as I saw them, I knew I had discovered pure talent. The rest is history.

Red Velvet
I wasn't really into girl groups until I saw Red Flavour. I liked a few songs by Twice but I was never very interested. Red Flavour changed all that. I was straight up obsessed with the song. I watched all their videos and I ended up falling down the girl group hole as well and stanning a few other groups along the way. I don't regret it.

DAY6
I don't exactly remember but I think I discovered them on YouTube with Congratulations and I was amazed by what I saw. I normally love hardcore rock songs but their songs really touched me despite having a slight pop sound to their songs. Their lyrics really touched me as well and I fell in love.

:pandalove:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
luoshifemy
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
Bts:
Jimin exists

Nct:
Taeyong’s face exists

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
SNSD:
I was in a huge nerdy phase and watching these MMD game videos and one was playing Gee. I watched the MV and it overpowered my "I'm too cool for cute/pop phase"

T-ara
I heard Soyeon used to be a member of SNSD so I decided to check her out. The first song I ever heard was Number Nine and the rest is history. Plus I was looking for a new group because I put Soshi in timeout for what happened with Jess

Girl's Day
I can't remember if it was Darling or I Miss You but I saw Sojin and Yura and thought "Yeah I'd dedicate the rest of my life to these two" And I thought Darling Minah looked like a Korean Lindsey Lohan before the drugs so I was intrigued

Reactions Received
KS Coins
NCT:
I heard Mad City and then I decided to listen to NCT's entire discography.
After that I binge-watched NCT Life and bam, a new NCTzen was born 👶

Red Velvet:
This song happened

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Moa
Ship
Girl's Day
I can't remember if it was Darling or I Miss You but I saw Sojin and Yura and thought "Yeah I'd dedicate the rest of my life to these two" And I thought Darling Minah looked like a Korean Lindsey Lohan before the drugs so I was intrigued
I love Girl's Day~ I loved all the songs on their last album. It was such a good album. Hyeri was my bias - we shared the same birthday too.
I was so sad when I heard the news of them disbanding. I miss them. :pepecry1:

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
I love Girl's Day~ I loved all the songs on their last album. It was such a good album. Hyeri was my bias - we shared the same birthday too.
I was so sad when I heard the news of them disbanding. I miss them. :pepecry1:
It sounds like they're going to be in SES mode like SNSD and T-ara.
They'll come back at some point but it's gonna be a while :umjicry:

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
B.A.P:
The first song I heard from them was 'Hands Up' and from there I listened to everything I could find of them and along the way grew to really like the members as well. I liked their style and they appealed to me a lot because of how real they all seemed to be in variety shows and through their music.

BTS:
I think the first song I heard from them was BST.. or maybe DNA I'm not sure but, I actually wasn't that drawn to them at first and it wasn't until I heard Spring Day that made me want to completely go through their discography and I fell in love with their music and the members quickly after that.

:maheart:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Apink : I began to follow them and really stanned them with the superior bop, NoNoNo.

EXO : Mama happened and I was blew away.

BTS : My brother told me to check the new Hip-Hop group in town. I watched No more dream and fell for Jimin.

Winner : I followed their survival show and loved their debut.

Red Velvet : I like Hapiness but after ICC and Yeri arrival, I began to stan because ICC is everything I want in a cute song ( my favorite concept).

Dreamcatcher : @ChaseMeJiYoo did that. Who is surprised ?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread