COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

MV What really going on in “KILL THIS LOVE” (1 Viewer)

Faerie

I just wanna love myself, Love my weakness
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Once
Wreck
*Note
I have not read any theories or seen and video explaining this MV. These are my own thoughts

Each girl has their own interpretation of love and how each has a revelation that they deserve more in their relationship therefore the must “Kill this love” .

Jennie

“"There, she poured out her words of grief, tearfully, in faint tones, in harmony with sadness, just as the swan sings once, in dying, its own funeral song."

As we first see Jennie she looks like a goddess descending from Heaven and seating on top of the swans

You notice both swans are completely different , black and White . This might indicate her and her lover are completely opposite, however in this situation “ opposites attract”but don’t stay . The swans also indicates a “Swan Song”

swan song
noun
  1. a person's final public performance or professional activity before retirement."he has decided to make this tour his swan song"

In a revelation Jennie realized her romance is doomed and attempts to make one last gesture to her lover in “killing this love”

Lisa:
Lisa is more straight forward seeing that she just outside Heaven waiting to enter . You can see Boxes of cereal around her , and noticed none of them are opened on the first scene . She’s hungry for love and realizing her lover isn’t gonna give it to her she “kills this love” and learns to love herself rather then waiting for someone .

Finally she knocks out the doors of heaven like a bad ass bitch with a cup of the cereal (love) she crave so much .

Jisoo:
I tried to look for a story about a hunter and a princess but the only thing that seem to come up was nothing . So my idea was that Jisoo imagine love as a fairy tale(princess) but reality(hunter) shot it down with a fire arrow and ultimately “kill this love”

However...

Much like The Greek goddess Aphrodite, whom was born after *cough*from the white foam produced by the severed genitals of Uranus.

Yup that’s exactly what Jisoo did to her lover. IM KIDDING

But the idea of new love being reborn is still present in this situation ,No matter for herself or someone else.

Rose:
Well...

Ofcourse I’m kidding
Actually Rose has a more clearer story then the other girls . Thinking she was so lucky (four leaf clover) with her lover she doesn't see how truly selfish her lover is .

The biggest clue is the car Rose used . The license plate read “Ego” stating her lover put themself or even the car before the relationship. She sees this and her perfect romance turns into a storm . The image of the driver (Rose) is her reality running over her idea of Rose being happy and in love . This is her “Killing this love”

So what your idea on what the MV Means?

Attachments

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread