Discussion What's the point of trying to like a group? (1 Viewer)

kpopshop

Sponsored Advertisement

Ahsoka

Support Yedam
Reaction score
Ship
Wreck
I've seen a lot of people say that they tried to like x group or y group, but I don't understand why. If they're not your type why try to force yourself to like them? As long as you're not hating on them I think not caring for them is fine. Forcing yourself to like something thats not your type seems so unnecessary to me personally.

NeoSquare

Taeyong fluffles
Reaction score
Ship
Tbh, in my case, I enjoy lots of groups who have consistent bops but some of them aren't that interesting for me to keep up with them. I love NOIR, Dreamcatcher, D-CRUNCH and many others but I sometimes just forget they exist.

For some reason, the group just doesn't really pull me in. The members aren't interesting enough for me.

NeoSquare

Taeyong fluffles
Reaction score
Ship

Yachii

Universal Star
Reaction score
I'm guilty of this to some extent. When I originally knew of Kard, I really wanted to like them; but I didn't like their tropical house sound. I'm not totally guilty of this however. I didn't actually forced myself. I did like their music after months, so then I became a casual fan. However, they changed their sound to the worst possible; so I forgot about them.

lexus

Not A Toyota
Reaction score
Ship
Wreck
I’m actually guilty of trying to make myself like a group. For example, I’ve tried getting myself to like Gfriend and to stan Twice, but it was to no avail. For Gfriend their music just doesn’t do it for me. I find a lot of their music to be boring. As for Twice, I do like most of their title tracks and some bsides, but when it comes to the members, I just can’t click with them (except Mina).

yoda_tato

☆ Stan Yoda ☆
Reaction score
Ship
What I usually mean by when I say 'I tried to get into a group', I mean I tried listening to more of their music and it did/didn't appeal to me. I didn't really know it mean something else other than that :dubuthink:

Last edited:

yoda_jen

🌈happy pride ❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reaction score
loonaverse into the buddy hole & flover garden ღ
Ship
Wreck
I can be the same way but I honestly try to stress sorta less about these things. I just gotta love what I love

NeoSquare

Taeyong fluffles
Reaction score
Ship

darthraine

Idol
Reaction score
Website
heyitsmeee2.tumblr.com
Ship
sometimes it works :rosesmug: it's how i got into got7 and ateez. I didn't like got7's music, but I tried to like them because of their personalities and it worked. Also helped that they released a whole bop You Calling My Name. Ateez was the complete opposite. I didn't really like them personally but I loved their music, and soon I stanned them.

i think sometimes it's okay to try to like a group, and sometimes it's not as okay. It's personal preference I think. Just as long as you're not trying to stan a group because everyone else is.

Chahee

For Bae Christina
Reaction score
Ship
In my case it's because they're so pretty

It never works as expected though

Ahsoka

Support Yedam
Reaction score
Ship
Wreck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)