COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

When will you quit kpop? (1 Viewer)

SeulPika

Seulgi's PR Team
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Reveluv
Do you know when you'll stop being interested in Kpop?
Like, being an obsessed stan that buys all the albums, keeping up to date on the latest news, events, schedules, fan voting, etc.

For me, I am already almost there.....
I am finding myself increasingly disengaged from Kpop and nowhere near as interested in it as I used to be........

I am only in this game now for Taeyeon, Red Velvet and IU - and I already know that I will leave this game once they all call it quits.

Last edited:
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
HoeForUmin
Pronouns
She/Her
I’m not sure. I mean, I’m not really into many fourth gen groups, but I’m also in a position where the late second/early third gen groups I stan have stayed strong and broken the seven year curse.

Reactions Received
Fandom
Pronouns
Ship
Wreck
All my favourite groups are relatively new, and I am too to kpop (2 years) so I’d say I still have another few years left. But when my favourite groups disband, I’ll probably leave the fandom. Or maybe I might just get sick or lose interest in Kpop as a whole and go before that.

SeulPika

Seulgi's PR Team
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Reveluv
I’m not sure. I mean, I’m not really into many fourth gen groups, but I’m also in a position where the late second/early third gen groups I stan have stayed strong and broken the seven year curse.
Feels like a similar situation to what I am in.
Aside from aespa, none of the other 4th gen groups have interested me. But even then, I'm not finding myself as invested into aespa like say, Red Velvet.
And if it wasn't for the fact that Taeyeon, Red Velvet and IU are still regularly active. Then I would've found myself reminiscing of the 'good times' lol.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
ATINY/CREDIT
Pronouns
she / her
Well... I don't think it will be that soon for me.

I have been more into kpop recently than I used to be some few years ago and I have been a kpop fan for almost 10 years.
Well... if some of my favourite kpop groups disband, I won't be quitting kpop because there are many groups that I like.
And I will still be listening to kpop.

uran

Professional senpai thief
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
Never thought about when but i have been kpop fan for 10+ years and most of the groups i stan are older (or disbanded) and when they disband i will still be curious what the music scene in korea has to offer.
I am not anymore like a stan stan tho that obsessive fanboy phase is gone. But i am still a fan, maybe more casual but still a fan if that makes sense

eclipsoul

barbie (2023) fan account
Reactions Received
Website
infiniteorbit.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
Orbit
Pronouns
she/her
never, it's just a music genre to me. if i don't plan to quit 80s pop i don't plan to quit kpop either :oliviakek:

SeulPika

Seulgi's PR Team
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Reveluv
Never thought about when but i have been kpop fan for 10+ years and most of the groups i stan are older (or disbanded) and when they disband i will still be curious what the music scene in korea has to offer.
I am not anymore like a stan stan tho that obsessive fanboy phase is gone. But i am still a fan, maybe more casual but still a fan if that makes sense
I get what you mean. My 'stan' days are long gone. I am no way near as obsessed anymore as I used to be (Been into kpop since 2009), as I don't get involved in fan voting, keeping up to date with the latest events, buying every version of the albums, etc.
For the most part, I am a casual listener that will add a song to my playlist if I like the song. The only albums that I buy now are Taeyeon, Red Velvet & IU. And even then, I won't buy every version, nor do I obsess over events, appearances, etc like I used to.

SeulPika

Seulgi's PR Team
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Reveluv
never, it's just a music genre to me. if i don't plan to quit 80s pop i don't plan to quit kpop either :oliviakek:
I think that I should've elaborated on the question a bit more, and I should've asked when you plan to stop being a obsessed stan.... :nekosweat:
Because, I will certainly still be listening to my kpop faves the same way as I still listen to 90's, Linkin Park, Blink 182, etc lol

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
HoeForUmin
Pronouns
She/Her
Feels like a similar situation to what I am in.
Aside from aespa, none of the other 4th gen groups have interested me. But even then, I'm not finding myself as invested into aespa like say, Red Velvet.
And if it wasn't for the fact that Taeyeon, Red Velvet and IU are still regularly active. Then I would've found myself reminiscing of the 'good times' lol.
The funny thing with me is since 2019, I’ve had more military updates than actual idol updates, I’m just a South Korean military stan now :lisalaugh:

Even now for example, Chanyeol is in a musical with the two leaders of ONF, and they’re having a blast with everything they’re getting up to.

Soogi

radical kyeominist
Reactions Received
Website
kyeomblr.tumblr.com
KS Coins
Fandom
KYEOM CULT
Pronouns
she / her
Ship
i'll quit when i don't enjoy stanning svt anymore but i don't see that happening any time soon

Reactions Received
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar
When will i quit kpop? Interesting question: if u had asked me this when i was a new stan ard 2018/2019, i think id hv said a few yrs tops then.

Anyways, since then i joined KS n got into new stan grps, BP (which i think independently of KS), GF, EG, RV-IS, OMG, GIDLE, WJSN,aespa, IVE-which i think i might stan till they disband. So until then ig.

or maybe ill quit b4 then, it depends on if im still engaged/enjoy the music in 5 yrs from now.

Haiku

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Not sure... I was starting to lose interest in it, but once 4th gen started, I don't feel like that anymore. I really am enjoying a lot of the K-pop releases this year.

tai

from the land to the sea 🇵🇸
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
#1 🎵taste
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
I've never been crazy Abt all the material stuff that comes with it so idk

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
I am still pretty much in that world
bought every version of at least 6 acts just this year, and 10 of rv.
IZ*ONE's disbandment has saved me a ton of money but :)

Even with buying Eunbi Yena Yuri albums its no where close to the 20-30 per cb.
Nako and Hitomi going back into aks where its just flat annoying/ expensive to buy albums.
ive girls i like but he it just them and not the music so far.
ill probably buy some le sserphim atm there are 1 of each version in the cart.

i have chilled a bit on bol 4 since its just Jiyoung, but they were always a low key stan..

but What i love about kpop will keep me engaged for i hope at least another decade.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread