COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Why do white models working in Korea get hate from Kpop stans? (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I specially noticed dasha taran and and angelina danilova. Koreans are crazy for them and generally crazy for Russian and Ukrainian girls and not like these 2 are kpop idols but are just models,probably because they can fit the Korean beauty standard better than anyone else. Is it that fangirls are jealous they aren't as pretty? Bc i always find Kpop stand leaving them toxic comments.

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Well as far as I know, koreans are kinda rasists with white people xD and some Koreans think all white girls are Russian and they think Russians are prostitutes... there is a long story with this, but it's probably the same situation for models. And maybe jealousy because they are pretty

lexus

Pinkchella
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
Probably jealousy

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Well as far as I know, koreans are kinda rasists with white people xD and some Koreans think all white girls are Russian and they think Russians are prostitutes... there is a long story with this, but it's probably the same situation for models. And maybe jealousy because they are pretty
That's true. Some non-Koreans also tend to say these girls are average slavic girls easily found all over Russia and don't stand a chance in European countries for being a model which I wonder if that's acc it. Because if yes,and these are just the average girls of eastern europe,Russia has some extremely gorgeous women at that rate.

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi-king
Ship
That's true. Some non-Koreans also tend to say these girls are average slavic girls easily found all over Russia and don't stand a chance in European countries for being a model which I wonder if that's acc it. Because if yes,and these are just the average girls of eastern europe,Russia has some extremely gorgeous women at that rate.
It really isn't the case :wimwim: Just like with any country... 97%of females are not models they are just... ordinary girls...the fact that they are in Korea... well they just took the opportunity to be abroad.... Idk if they think they are Russian cause they are blonde but... jesus that's racist

bulletproof

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Well I am Eastern European, but I think these girls are pretty, not just average. Not wow, there are prettier girls, but those are pretty as well. But they are different so ofc they stand out in Korea. Europe has different standards for models so...

Reactions Received
KS Coins
It really isn't the case :wimwim: Just like with any country... 97%of females are not models they are just... ordinary girls...the fact that they are in Korea... well they just took the opportunity to be abroad.... Idk if they think they are Russian cause they are blonde but... jesus that's racist
Are you Russian?

bulletproof

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Well I know some koreans think that if a girl is white and blonde she is Russian. Even a friend of mine confirmed she was asked if she is Russian and invited to a motel :wimwim:

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Moa
Ship
Why would they think all Russians are prostitutes? The only reason I can see is because of the weird ads that you get on certain sites...

bulletproof

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Why would they think all Russians are prostitutes? The only reason I can see is because of the weird ads that you get on certain sites...
this is from Wikipedia:
'Since the collapse of the Soviet Union, young Russian girls have been commonly seen in the red-light districts of Korea. They can be found in the bars, strip clubs and coffee shops for entertaining the customers. Between January 2000 and March 2001, approximately 6,000 Russian women entered Korea through Busan port and Gimpo. In 2000, 3,064 Russians entered South Korea on E-6 visas, 2,927 of them women (Jhoty, 2001) With the collapse of the Soviet Union, thousands of Russian migrated to Korea to work as entertainers while others forced into prostitution for both American soldiers and Korean civilian men.'

There are more things on different forums, but it's basically an old opinion

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Moa
Ship
this is from Wikipedia:
'Since the collapse of the Soviet Union, young Russian girls have been commonly seen in the red-light districts of Korea. They can be found in the bars, strip clubs and coffee shops for entertaining the customers. Between January 2000 and March 2001, approximately 6,000 Russian women entered Korea through Busan port and Gimpo. In 2000, 3,064 Russians entered South Korea on E-6 visas, 2,927 of them women (Jhoty, 2001) With the collapse of the Soviet Union, thousands of Russian migrated to Korea to work as entertainers while others forced into prostitution for both American soldiers and Korean civilian men.'

There are more things on different forums, but it's basically an old opinion
That's so sad :(

The sterotype must be terrible for Russian women who live in Korea. Or anyone European who is mistaken as a Russian.

bulletproof

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
That's so sad :(

The sterotype must be terrible for Russian women who live in Korea. Or anyone European who is mistaken as a Russian.
It is sad indeed...

Not only for Europeans, but also for Americans. Anyone white basically. If it happens to be blonde or tall that's a 'plus' for this stereotype

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Lot of kpop fandom is kinda anti-white, like on netizenbuzz for example, you see lot of such comments. I think it can be reaction against western culture tainting kpop for kpop fans, but also due to quite widespread mentality of white privilege and that white people shouldn't take place of black, hispanic or asian people nor breach to non-white countries.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Lot of kpop fandom is kinda anti-white, like on netizenbuzz for example, you see lot of such comments. I think it can be reaction against western culture tainting kpop for kpop fans, but also due to quite widespread mentality of white privilege and that white people shouldn't take place of black, hispanic or asian people nor breach to non-white countries.
Funny how they are antiwhite yet idols get whitewashed with bleach basically.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread