COME JOIN US!
We are a completely independent community, and we're here to help you learn about KPOP! We are free from and do not profit from any advertisements. We hope that you can discuss KPOP with us without ad-blockers.
Register Now

Will Anyone Surpass g.o.d In National Hits? (1 Viewer)

Yseki

VIINI x Demian
Reactions Received
g.o.d is called the nations idol group in South Korea but many international fans don't even know them since they are an older group and do not promote outside of Korea.

For example an article 2018 referring to g.o.d's tour name "greatest" the Kukmin Ilbo noted that the concerts were appropriately named as g.o.d was one of the few K-pop groups who could put together a full set list consisting exclusively of number 1 songs.

Source:

g.o.d also sells out venues in Korea even in 2019 such as the KSPO Dome, which is notable for a group that debuted in 1999.

Reactions Received
Fandom
luoshifemy
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
No but plenty can beat em in faces

Reactions Received
Fandom
luoshifemy
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
This isn't the runway, and I don't know if you can really compare looks between 20 year olds and people that are like 40 ;p
I can and I will :nekopout: No one cares about songs and numbers it’s the faces that matter deep down

Reactions Received
I don't think so or at least not any group currently promoting can (Maybe BigBang could have but idk with the current situation). g.o.d. has a precious spot in Korean music and their songs are considered to be classics. I actually think it's quite beautiful a kpop act has been able to achieve such status as it is a genre that is actively evolving with how saturated the music industry is.

Yseki

VIINI x Demian
Reactions Received
I don't think so or at least not any group currently promoting can (Maybe BigBang could have but idk with the current situation). g.o.d. has a precious spot in Korean music and their songs are considered to be classics. I actually think it's quite beautiful a kpop act has been able to achieve such status as it is a genre that is actively evolving with how saturated the music industry is.
Yeah, they went on a hiatus from 2005 to 2014 to focus on solo promotions and when they cameback both of their title tracks for their album got all kills, g.o.d is just one of those timeless groups.

Reactions Received
Fandom
luoshifemy
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
Reactions Received
Fandom
luoshifemy
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
Well all your biases have snake tattoos on their man parts, don't ask me how I know :sanapray:
I won’t ever see it :pepecry1: And so my babies are redeemed

Reactions Received
It's hard for me to see any other group be on the same status as g.o.d. Because I can't think of any group that is as iconic in the way g.o.d was.
Like for example the song "To Mother"....its kinda hard for me to explain but it really stood out when it was released 'cause of the content and the sort of time.

There's not many songs that touches me like this song does.

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
g.o.d can never be surpassed. Korean‘s still love all the songs. Even children know.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread