Would you consider DC still underrated even after a 100k of album sales? (1 Viewer)

OnlyCalB

GG Trash / Roulette Team
Reactions Received
Yes.

They are overlooked and don't get some awards they deserve. Dreamcatcher not getting any kind of choreography/dance award from any of the mainstream awards shows is crazy.

Also just in general, they still don't have a #1 on chart shows. Now I know this isn't everything at all when comparing success, but DC deserve the recognition for their genre/sound.

OnlyCalB

GG Trash / Roulette Team
Reactions Received
No but those people are probably putting too much into having a hit even though album sales are more important right now honestly since hits from idol groups are becoming rarer.
This is true. As long as DC keep doing what they enjoy and the fans do to, they don't really need a mainstream hit. Korea isn't into DC's genre/sound that much so, no point changing to suit public taste.

Reo

Ace of Hearts
Reactions Received
Yes.

They are overlooked and don't get some awards they deserve. Dreamcatcher not getting any kind of choreography/dance award form any of the mainstream awards shows is crazy.

Also just in general, they still don't have a #1 on chart shows. Now I know this isn't everything at all when comparing success, but DC deserve the recognition for their genre/sound.
Oh yeah I understand where you are coming from but unless you are from the Big 3 or other known companies (like Cube Ent. etc.), which is basically a confirmed win even if u just debuted, it's basically impossible to get, while they definitely deserve it

Yili

✨Moodzy Alice✨
Reactions Received
Fandom
Multistan
Ship
Yes.

They are overlooked and don't get some awards they deserve. Dreamcatcher not getting any kind of choreography/dance award form any of the mainstream awards shows is crazy.

Even as someone that doesn't consider themselves part of the fandom, easily I also think that DC is underrated, both internationally and especially locally in Korea. I hope they realize soon that they have a special group on their hands.

I'm hoping for a 1st place next year because they've worked too hard, some groups have to wait years for their first win but it's about time that Dreamcatcher stopped having to wait :pandamad:

Reo

Ace of Hearts
Reactions Received
No but those people are probably putting too much into having a hit even though album sales are more important right now honestly since hits from idol groups are becoming rarer.
This is true. As long as DC keep doing what they enjoy and the fans do to, they don't really need a mainstream hit. Korea isn't into DC's genre/sound that much so, no point changing to suit public taste.
I also gotta say, out fo the GG that sold 100k+ (saw a tweet in another thread earlier today i think) DC are basically the only ones who havent had a relatively well known hit throughout Korea

OnlyCalB

GG Trash / Roulette Team
Reactions Received
Oh yeah I understand where you are coming from but unless you are from the Big 3 or other known companies (like Cube Ent. etc.), which is basically a confirmed win even if u just debuted, it's basically impossible to get, while they definitely deserve it
True unfortunately. I'm just please the DC members enjoy what they do. And for sure, they have a lot of success with their sound at least internationally. So that's all what matters.
:maheart: :pikahappy:

Reactions: karina and Reo

OnlyCalB

GG Trash / Roulette Team
Reactions Received
I also gotta say, out fo the GG that sold 100k+ (saw a tweet in another thread earlier today i think) DC are basically the only ones who havent had a relatively well known hit throughout Korea
DC doing really good to be honest. This is a great achievement!
:nekolove::pandahappy:

Reactions: karina and Reo
Reactions Received
A hit would probably only increase their commercial success if they got one which would be nice for them but between their album sales and their touring capabilities when groups can tour again they should be easily in a stable position.

I think the only other ones like Dreamcatcher are Loona and Cosmic Girls which is good company to be in and I think Dreamcatcher could get their first win if they could stop clashing with their comebacks against the ones who could beat them.

karina

🌈 ❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the buddy hole & flover garden ღ
Fandom
arianator
Ship
Wreck
dc still is doing amazing despite everything

Reactions: Reo

notthatmarbleboy

That One
Reactions Received
Yes. As long as they don't get first win and a Best Dance award on any of these stupid year-end shows, they are underrated. Not to mention that they managed to gain attention by straying away from the norm. It was a risky move and it paid off. They should be awarded just based on that. Also, the only group that mixed moombathon and rock. Queen behaviour.

Reactions: Reo and karina

Yumiz

The Champagne, wine, tequila, margarita
Reactions Received
Fandom
Yumiz
Ship
World Domination or bust :chickill:

• Love
Reactions: Reo and karina
Reactions Received
I would say in Korea they may still not have the visibility. thus Underrated might be fair.

If they could flip the out of country support into in country buzz that would help.
But this is what a 5-6 year group if you count minx?
May or may not be nearing the end of the run depending on contracts.

Touring is gonna be dead for what at least another year maybe 2?

QueenB

Celebrity
Reactions Received
I think they are in a weird area where they are building up a strong fanbase but don't have too much recognition in a general public sense

SeulPika

Seulgi's PR Team
Reactions Received
Korea and award shows need to stop sleeping on Dreamcatcher!

Though once Covid fucks off, I'm sure that DC will be on another one of their world tours!!! :dab:

Users who are viewing this thread