Fanfiction You Found Me [5SOS Ashton] (rewrite of Rescue Me) (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
Website
peachyfangirl86.tumblr.com
Fandom
OrbArTiny
This is a rewrite of this story, and I'm really confident it'll be a lot better. lol

Chapter 1

Jessica finished doing her makeup just as the doorbell rang. She was getting ready for a date to reconcile with her ex-boyfriend Garrett. Soon after their fifteen-month-old daughter Chloe turned six months old, Garrett had gotten an out-of-state job offer. Jessica hadn’t been the least bit keen on leaving Mississippi, her home state, so they’d decided to split. But now that Garrett was back in town, having been laid off recently, the two of them were finally getting back together.

The doorbell rang again as Jessica was coming down the stairs, and when she opened it, Chloe’s babysitter Skye was standing there.

“Skye, come in!” Jessica greeted, letting Skye enter the house. “I’ll get Chloe for you.”

“Okay!” Skye said, sitting on the couch with her purse.

Having overheard her mother’s conversation with the sitter, Chloe put down the book she was “reading”, or rather looking at the pictures in it, pulled herself up, and made her way towards the living room. When she saw Skye, she ran up to her and tried to climb up onto the couch.

“Hi, Chloe!” Skye said to her charge, pulling her up. “How have you been?”

“She’s been good,” Jessica answered on Chloe’s behalf. “Chloe, are you going to be extra-good for Miss Skye while I’m gone?”

“Yes!” Chloe said, her honey blonde curls bobbing up and down as she nodded.

“By the way, congratulations on you and Garrett getting back together,” Skye said to Jessica. “He seems like a great guy.”

“Thank you,” Jessica said with a smile. “So, you know the routine – dinner at six, bed at 7:30 – and I shouldn’t be gone past midnight.”

“I sure do!” Skye agreed just as the doorbell rang again. Jessica got up to answer it and revealed a dapper-looking Garrett.

“Dada!” Chloe squealed, running up to Garrett for a hug.

Garrett picked his daughter up and spun her around before greeting her with, “I haven’t seen you in forever, darlin’! I’ve missed you like crazy.”

After receiving a kiss on the cheek, Chloe was set back down, and Garrett turned to his girlfriend. “Are you ready to go, babe?” he asked.

“Totally ready,” Jessica answered, taking Garrett’s arm. “Bye, kids!”

“Bye, have fun!” Skye called after them as they left.

“So, where are we going?” Jessica asked once she and Garrett were on the main road.

“There’s a new nightclub I think we should check out,” Garrett said, keeping his eyes on the road. “It’s supposed to be really cool.”

Jessica was getting excited now, because before Chloe, she and Garrett had enjoyed going to nightclubs together. “Oh, okay! Where is it, and what’s it called?”

Garrett stayed silent, and Jessica repeated her question.

“Just shut up, okay?!” Garrett suddenly snapped. “You’ll know when we get there.”

Jessica rolled her eyes, remembering Garrett’s pet peeve of hearing the same question twice. “Garrett, I asked you a simple question – there’s really no need to get so pissy.”

All of a sudden, Garrett screeched to a halt by the side of the road and sneered at his girlfriend and future kidnapping victim.

“I TOLD you to SHUT THE FUCK UP, bitch!” he barked, making Jessica wince. “Get out of the car!”

Jessica started to shake with fear. “What?! I will NOT!”

Garrett proceeded to undo Jessica’s seatbelt, pick her up, and carry her around to the backseat. Then, he tossed her in like a sack of potatoes, slammed the door shut, jumped back into the driver’s seat, and took off to a destination as yet unknown to a now unconscious Jessica.

Reactions: Mei_Ying
Reactions Received
Website
Fandom
OrbArTiny
Chapter 1

“Is there anything else you think you’ll need?” Jessica asked her three-year-old daughter Chloe as she helped her pack for her sleepover. “Maybe some games?” Chloe would be staying at her friend Makayla’s house while Jessica and her fiancé Barrett embarked on a romantic trip to Paris.

Chloe looked around her pastel-themed bedroom until her eyes landed on her white bookshelves. The first game she saw on the shelves was Candyland, one of her favorites.

“That one,” Chloe said, pointing towards the game she wanted.

“Oh, yeah – Candyland is always fun!” Jessica agreed, taking the game and placing it in Chloe’s entertainment bag. The bag also included Chloe’s iPad, some of her dolls, books, Play-Doh, and art supplies.

The doorbell rang just as Jessica was zipping up the bag. She heard Barrett letting the visitor in, and a moment later, there was a knock on the doorjamb. When she looked in that direction and saw Makayla and her mother Kristin, Chloe didn’t hesitate to run up and give Makayla a hug.

“Hey, Chloe!” Kristin greeted. “Are you ready to have fun with Makayla?”

“Yes!” Chloe cheered, her honey blonde curls bobbing up and down as she nodded. Then, she pointed at Jessica’s pregnant belly and added, “Mommy, belly!”

Kristin laughed. “That’s right – Mommy’s got a baby in there! Are you excited to be a big sister soon?”

“She’s floored,” Jessica admitted for Chloe’s sake. “She just doesn’t understand that there are two in there yet.”

Jessica and Barrett had conceived these twins the night Barrett had proposed, as a celebration of their then-new engagement. Jessica has told Chloe many times that there were two babies in her belly, but being only three, Chloe can’t grasp the concept of twins yet.

“Well, I’m glad!” Kristin said now. “Hey, we’d better run; Makayla wants to go to the splash pad after this – right, darling?”

“Yeah!” Makayla squealed.

“Splash pad!” Chloe repeated with the same enthusiasm in her voice.

“Have a good time, sweetie,” Jessica said to her daughter, hugging her tight. “And be a good girl for Kristin, okay?”

“Okay.” Chloe hugged Jessica back and followed Kristin and Makayla through the house and out the door.

“Babe?” Barrett said as he rubbed his sleeping fiancée’s shoulder to wake her up. The plane had touched down on Paris after over nine hours in the air, and they’d both been in and out of sleep throughout the flight.

Jessica didn’t budge at Barrett’s attempt, so he tried kissing her, a la the prince in “Sleeping Beauty”. “Yeah, like that’ll work,” he’d told himself, but Barrett was caught by surprise when Jessica finally opened her eyes and sat up.

“Are we here?” Jessica asked groggily, rubbing away the crud in her eyes. “What time is it?”

“Yeah, we just landed; it’s like six in the morning here,” Barrett informed her, unbuckling her seatbelt so she could get up and stretch.

As soon as they got off the plane, the two of them quickly made their way through customs, security, and finally baggage claim. Then, they headed straight for the hotel, but not before Barrett ordered their rental – a shiny blue Chevy SUV.

By the time they got to the deluxe hotel Barrett had managed to snag through Priceline, Jessica was hungry. Luckily for them, the cafeteria had just started serving breakfast, so after finding their suite, they went down for their meal.

Also coming down for breakfast were the four members of the band 5 Seconds of Summer: Ashton, Luke, Michael, and Calum. They were in Paris as a stop on their opening gig with One Direction. This was only their second time in Paris, but all four boys were already in love with the city.

While waiting his turn in the buffet line, Ashton caught himself staring at the pretty strawberry blonde sitting at a nearby table. She was alone and didn’t appear to have a ring on her finger, but just as he was turning on his heel to approach her, the girl was joined by a guy who addressed her as “babe”. Michael chuckled at the drummer’s disappointment.

“Sorry, mate; better luck next time,” Michael said, patting Ashton on the shoulder.

Ashton rolled his eyes. “You say that about EVERY girl I meet, Mike!” he protested. “Just face it – all the pretty girls are either taken or lesbian!”

“You’ll find somebody eventually,” Luke reassured him. “Just be patient. Good things do come to those who wait, after all.”

Ashton shrugged as he decided to go with Luke’s statement. “Yeah, you’re right.”

Reactions Received
Website
Fandom
OrbArTiny
Chapter 2

Jessica and Barrett were eating a French omelet and French bread with butter and honey, respectively, when Jessica caught another girl staring at Barrett. She was looking at him as if she knew him somehow.

“Barrett, why is that girl staring at you?” Jessica asked irritably.

“What girl?” Barrett asked. “Nobody’s staring at me.”

Jessica watched like a hawk as the other girl got up from her seat and approached the table.

“Barrett!” she addressed him. “I haven’t seen you in forever!”

Barrett turned around and discovered that the woman Jessica was referring to was Nikki, the girl he’d dated right before he met Jessica.

“Nikki?!” Barrett returned. “Holy shit, what are you doing here?!”

“Who the hell is Nikki?!” Jessica demanded of Barrett.

“She’s an ex, honey,” Barrett told Jessica. Then, he focused on Nikki again. “So, Nikki, what’s been going on?”

As Barrett and Nikki chattered away, Jessica sighed, picked up her tray, and moved to a table on the opposite side of the room. She couldn’t stand seeing Barrett completely ignoring her for another girl, especially this close to their wedding date.

At the next table, Calum was aimlessly looking around as he ate when he spotted the girl Ashton had been talking about earlier. She was now sitting alone again at a table in the back, quietly eating her French omelet. Calum knew Ashton would be pleased by this, so he was quick to point it out.

Ashton laughed. “Nah, you’re just pulling my leg, Cal,” he said. “Besides, I need to respect the fact that she’s taken.”

“I don’t know,” Michael said, sipping his coffee. “I think I just saw the bloke she was with, walking out with another chick. Go and say hello, Ash!”

Ash finally decided it was worth a shot and got up to sit across from the blonde.

“Well, hello,” he greeted cheerfully to his crush.

Jessica looked up in hopes that it was Barrett who had joined her, but it wasn’t. It was a guy in his late teens or early twenties with tousled, dark blond hair.

“Hey,” Jessica said almost inaudibly.

“You seem a bit down; what’s wrong?”

“I just saw my fiancé leaving with a girl he claimed was ‘just a friend’,” Jessica said with an eye roll. “Our wedding was supposed to be next month, and we have a little girl and two more on the way… and now he’s just throwing it all away!”

Jessica’s voice increased with every word, and by the time she was finished, she was practically shouting and ready to open her floodgates.

“Oh…” her visitor said with a sympathetic frown. “I’m so terribly sorry. I’m Ashton, by the way, and I love your curls; are they natural?”

“Yeah, thanks,” Jessica said, back to a normal volume. “I’m Jessica.”

“So, what brings you to Paris?”

Jessica rolled her eyes. “You really had to bring that up, didn’t you?” she asked sarcastically. “It was supposed to be our last vacation as an unmarried couple, and now it’s our last vacation ever… if you can even call it that. I’m planning to fly back home tonight.”

Ashton was shocked. Who in their right mind would vacation to such a beautiful city, only to leave after one day?

“Rubbish!” he said. “That just isn’t done, ever! You came here to enjoy yourself, and you know what? I’ll bet I can make that happen; how would you like me to take you sightseeing around Paris?”

Jessica scoffed. “Yeah, right! We just met, for Christ’s sake!”

“Well, exactly. Take this as an attempt to get to know you better; you seem like a nice girl, and you’re definitely pretty.”

Jessica blinked. “You think I’m pretty? I’m basically a pregnant whale right now.”

“I wouldn’t approach you if I thought you looked like a whale. Please accept my proposition.”

Jessica cocked her head to the right as she pondered exploring Paris with a complete stranger. She took so long to think about it that Ashton waved his hand in front of her face.

“Hello?” he said. “Earth to Jessica!”

“Oh, sorry,” Jessica said, snapping back to reality. “I just have a tendency of daydreaming whenever I have to make a decision. I’ll go with you.”

“Great! Let’s meet in the lobby at, say, eleven?”

“Yeah, that sounds good!”

Reactions Received
Website
Fandom
OrbArTiny
Chapter 3

After an hour-long nap in the suite, which was now devoid of Barrett’s belongings, Jessica Facetimed Kristin to check in. When she answered, Kristin had Chloe by her side.

“Hey, good morning!” Jessica greeted. “Chloe, do you know where I am right now?”

“Um…” Chloe said hesitantly. “I dunno.”

“Can you say Paris?” Jessica repeated “Paris”, sounding out the syllables. “Say it!”

“Paaaaaaaarrrrrrrr… Puh… Paris?” Chloe guessed.

“Yes! It’s the capital of a country called France. Kristin, how was she yesterday?”

“She and Makayla had a ball at the splash pad,” Kristin reported. “We also went to the zoo, and then we came back and watched movies. Where’s Barrett?”

Jessica froze. How was she going to break the news of the wedding being called off to a three-year-old, one who was greatly anticipating being the flower girl for that wedding? “I…” she began, quickly deciding to add, “He went out to the car; he forgot something.”

Kristin wasn’t buying this excuse, because she could see that there was only enough luggage in the hotel room for one person.

“Chloe, go play with Makayla while I talk to your mommy privately, okay?” she said to Chloe.

“Why?” Chloe asked.

“Just… because we’re about to talk about something that’s too mature for your ears. Go play!”

Chloe finally shrugged and ran off to where Makayla was playing with a pretend ice cream set.

“Did he leave you?” Kristin asked her friend when she was satisfied that Chloe was out of earshot. By this time, Jessica was in tears.

“He bumped into an ex, and he fucking left me for her!” she sobbed.

Kristin gasped, and her jaw dropped. “The jackass! Did he at least tell you he was leaving?”

Jessica sniffed and blew her nose on a tissue. “No… he just up and left! How the hell am I going to tell Chloe the wedding’s off?!”

“When I told Makayla her dad and I broke up, I was just upfront about it and explained it in terms only a toddler would understand. She was a little sad the rest of the day, but she got over it!”

“Was she supposed to be the fucking FLOWER GIRL?! Look, just tell her for me, would you?”

“Sure, I can do that. So, did anything good come of this?”

Jessica smiled when she remembered Ashton chatting with her. She had to admit, the guy was quite attractive with his hair in a bandana, his muscular build and hazel eyes.

“Yeah, there’s this guy,” Jessica told Kristin. “His name is Ashton.”

“Ooh, la-la! Is he French?”

“No, I think he’s Australian. He says he’s in a band and they’re here on tour. He actually invited himself to show me around Paris.”

Kristin threw her head back as she laughed. “Well, look at you, snagging a date right after you got dumped! When are you going?”

Jessica looked at her watch: she still had forty-five minutes to spare. “About forty-five minutes from now,” she said. “I’d better go so I can get ready. Give the girls my love, would you?”

“Okay, bye!”

Jessica got downstairs just before eleven, and she caught a glimpse of Ashton and three other guys taking pictures with a couple of girls.

“Merci beaucoup!” one girl said as she hugged Ashton. “I can’t wait for your show tonight.”

“Uh… you’re welcome?” Ashton said, unsure of how to say it in French.

The girl laughed. “You’re too funny – it’s ‘de rien’. Au revoir!”

“Au revoir!” all four guys chorused as the two French girls skipped away in their euphoria of having just met their favorite band.

Jessica was the next girl Ashton saw, coming out of the elevator. She had gotten a shower and changed clothes.

“Hello, Jessica,” he greeted Jessica with a smile that made her heart skip a beat. “Allow me to introduce you to the rest of the band – Luke on lead vocals, Michael on guitar, and Calum on bass. I’m the drummer.”

“Hi, nice to meet you,” Jessica said, shaking each member’s hand. “You didn’t tell me you were in a band.”

Ashton laughed and offered his arm to Jessica as they walked out. “I guess I didn’t! I was just caught up in the excitement of meeting a girl; you know what I’m saying?”

“I understand. What music do you play?”

“Pop punk,” Luke answered. “We’re called 5 Seconds of Summer.”

“I actually think I’ve heard your music before,” Jessica said, getting into the backseat of the guys’ rented Mercedes. “Do you have a song about waking up with amnesia?”

“Yeah, that’s our latest single!” Michael chimed in as Luke gunned the engine. “Do you like it?”

“I do; it’s very emotional and well-conveyed.”

“Why, thank you!” Ashton said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
berrymochi917 Fanfiction 2
MinSquishy Fanfiction 15