COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

You know you're a stupid stan when... (1 Viewer)

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
inspirit
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
When a silly cover by ANOTHER group you like upsets you because they took out certain highlights that make that song THAT song <.<

Now here me out-this cover isn't bad but the raps and then them taking out a SIGNATURE move from the dance irked me. Is this stupid and petty? Oh for sure. I'm I still like WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?! Oh, you bet.

But also I know I tend to be pickier with covers fo guy groups.

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
I can't say I remember what the original performance was like at all but this is such a great cover... I should check out more from them!

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
inspirit
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
I can't say I remember what the original performance was like at all but this is such a great cover... I should check out more from them!
Infinite had an iconic dance move that went with the chorus and ONEUS got rid of it here and I'm big sad about it XD

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Infinite had an iconic dance move that went with the chorus and ONEUS got rid of it here and I'm big sad about it XD
Ohh.. Now that you mentioned it I do remember the dance break. But I feel like keeping it wouldn't have gone well with their drama version of the song. Also, they can't just cover the song exactly like the original. That would be so boring and they would probably lose the show. They're supposed to make a new arrangement and make their own unique performance based around the song.
I guess I'm the opposite of you. I love seeing new arrangements. The groups on RTK covered my faves too and it was so interesting seeing their new compositions and takes on the songs

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
inspirit
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
Ohh.. Now that you mentioned it I do remember the dance break. But I feel like keeping it wouldn't have gone well with their drama version of the song. Also, they can't just cover the song exactly like the original. That would be so boring and they would probably lose the show. They're supposed to make a new arrangement and make their own unique performance based around the song.
I guess I'm the opposite of you. I love seeing new arrangements. The groups on RTK covered my faves too and it was so interesting seeing their new compositions and takes on the songs
I'm not talking about the dance break, I'm talking about a small dance move that wouldn't completely ruin the uniqueness of the performance. I know what the purpose of the performances on this show is...

Reactions Received
KS Coins
you are not the only one there's been a couple covers from kingdom that were meh to me because they got rid of elements of the song/performance that were iconic

I think on twitter people had a field day with a blackpink cover lol

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
inspirit
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
you are not the only one there's been a couple covers from kingdom that were meh to me because they got rid of elements of the song/performance that were iconic

I think on twitter people had a field day with a blackpink cover lol
I never watched the show because I was more into the Queendom one and this just seemed ok. I may watch the official official Kingdom one that is hopefully more similar to Queendom.

Who did a BlackPink cover though?

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I never watched the show because I was more into the Queendom one and this just seemed ok. I may watch the official official Kingdom one that is hopefully more similar to Queendom.

Who did a BlackPink cover though?
Pentagon and ONF. I thought it was OK but I did see peoples complaints about the arrangement and how changing it got rid of the vibe of the song

I liked the boyz performances but im also biased in that department 😂

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
inspirit
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
Pentagon and ONF. I thought it was OK but I did see peoples complaints about the arrangement and how changing it got rid of the vibe of the song

Yeah I don't like the chorus here <.<

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Yeah I don't like the chorus here <.<
same that's the biggest issue I had with it. It seems like they were trying to do an anti drop type thing but it just doesn't fit the song

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
inspirit
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
same that's the biggest issue I had with it. It seems like they were trying to do an anti drop type thing but it just doesn't fit the song
Yeah but otherwise the cover isn't actually bad-I don't know. I just get irked when an iconic part is kind of erased from a song. Unless what the group does to counteract it blows my fucking mind.

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship

Who sang those pre-choruses and do they have solos :nakypog:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Who sang those pre-choruses and do they have solos :nakypog:
Honestly, I don't know Pentagon members that well and only know a few ONF members. I think the red-haired dude was ONF's Hyojin, the grey/silver haired guy might be PTG's Hui, and I think the white haired one was ONF's MK but I'm not sure

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread