News 20 dead and 26 injured in El Paso shooting (1 Viewer)

lexus

Otaku Bestie
.
.
.
.
Joined
12 September 2018
Messages
66,873
Reactions Received
97,852
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,940
Fandom
Number One
Gender
Female
Wreck


"Twenty people were killed and more than two dozen were injured in a mass shooting at an El Paso shopping center on Saturday, according to Texas and local authorities.
"Lives were taken who should still be with us today," Gov. Greg Abbott said at a news conference near the Walmart and an adjacent shopping mall.
Twenty-six people were injured, according to El Paso Police Chief Greg Allen.

"The ages and genders of all these people injured and killed are numerous in the age groups," Allen said. "The situation, needless to say, is a horrific one."
A 21-year-old white man from Allen, a suburb of Dallas more than 650 miles away, is in police custody, Allen said. Authorities are looking at potentially bringing capital murder charges against him.

The case also has a "nexus to a potential hate crime," he said.
"Right now, we have a manifesto from this individual that indicates to some degree a nexus to a potential hate crime," Allen said.
FBI El Paso Special Agent in Charge Emmerson Buie said more investigative work was needed before determining whether there was a possible hate crime.
A source familiar with the investigative process said later Saturday that the FBI has opened a domestic terrorism investigation into the massacre. It will coincide with the state inquiry and Texas authorities will take the lead in the case.
The dead included three Mexican nationals, according to a tweet from President Andrés Manuel López Obrador. Six Mexicans were injured, Foreign Affairs Secretary Marcelo Ebrard wrote on Twitter.

CNN reported the suspect is 21-year-old Patrick Crusius of Allen, according to three sources.
Two federal law enforcement sources and one state government source confirmed the suspect's identity. The federal sources said investigators are reviewing an online writing posted days before the shooting that may speak to a motive.
The online posting was believed to be written by Crusius, the sources said, but that has not been confirmed.

'This was a massacre'
The first call of an active shooter went out at 10:39 a.m. local time, Allen said. The first officer arrived on scene six minutes later.
El Paso Police Sgt. Robert Gomez previously told reporters police were initially given multiple possible locations for the shooting, at the Walmart and the Cielo Vista Mall next door.

"This is a large crime scene, a large area," Gomez said of the scene.
Multiple agencies responded to the scene, including the FBI, the sheriff's department, the state Department of Public Safety and Border Patrol.
The crime scene will "be in play for a long period," Allen said. "Unfortunately, the deceased will remain at the scene until the scene is processed properly for evidentiary purposes to be gathered for later prosecution."

Officials from two local hospitals said they had received at least 23 people.
Thirteen people were taken to University Medical Center of El Paso, spokesman Ryan Mielke told CNN, and one of them has died. Two children with non-life-threatening injuries were transferred to a children's medical facility, Mielke said.
Eleven victims were transported to the Del Sol Medical Center, hospital spokesman Victor Guerrero said. Nine are in critical but stable condition, he said.
At least two of the patients are in a "life-threatening predicament," according to Del Sol Medical Center Dr. Stephen Flaherty. He said the patients ranged in age from 25 to 82. Two are in stable condition, he said, and seven required emergency operations.
"This was a massacre," US Rep. Veronica Escobar, who represents the area, told CNN. Escobar has received conflicting reports on the numbers of casualties, she said, but added, "The numbers are shocking."
"

Source (this has more details of the incident) -


There are also several hashtags trending worldwide on Twitter right now.
Screen Shot 2019-08-03 at 11.07.04 PM.png
 
Last edited:

lexus

Otaku Bestie
.
.
.
.
Joined
12 September 2018
Messages
66,873
Reactions Received
97,852
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,940
Fandom
Number One
Gender
Female
Wreck
This whole thing is just saddening. Every shooting is just heartbreaking to me.

I'm getting so sick and tired of hearing about mass shootings and having nothing being done about it.
 
Last edited:

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
20 is a big number and it might rise even still. Poor people, rest in peace.

I hope sth is do to prevent further crimes like this, it seems like hate crimes that involve lot of deaths are on rise.
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
When I was 14, I used to feel so shocked and devastated when I read about mass shootings in the news

Now I'm 19 and I honestly feel nothing. I don't feel sad anymore, I don't feel angry. I feel numb. Most times I don't even click on the articles anymore
It just is what it is and that scares me the most.

My thoughts and well wishes to the victims
 
Joined
23 June 2019
Messages
1,759
Reactions Received
10,279
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Few days after some nut job shooting into the Garlic Festival in Gilroy, CA killing two kids. Seriously this country has been so many shootings lately. No one wants gun laws, and no one wants to make mental health accessible.

When I was 14, I used to feel so shocked and devastated when I read about mass shootings in the news

Now I'm 19 and I honestly feel nothing. I don't feel sad anymore, I don't feel angry. I feel numb. Most times I don't even click on the articles anymore
It just is what it is and that scares me the most.

My thoughts and well wishes to the victims
I'm almost 40 now and I feel the same way. I can remember a time in America in which this wouldn't have been a thought. Now it's turned into basically every few months.

Edit: And what's sad. Watch in a few days conspiracy theorists will start piping up it's a government plan to put into place gun laws and take away our freedom. They will claim no one died and these families where paid to be in on it.
 
Joined
23 June 2019
Messages
1,759
Reactions Received
10,279
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Well it seems the conspiracy theorists are wasting no time on this. There is footage of people being carted away and people are saying fake no/little blood. No screaming and yelling sobbing.

Not so fun fact kids: Not all bullet holes blood externally. Holes can swell shut keeping the blood internal. It's why first responders look for exit and entrance wounds by searching a person rather then looking for blood.

Also shock and adrenaline are amazing things. During the time period after a major event more people are prone to go into a state of emotionalless drive. The screaming, crying, and yelling usually happens during an event concurring and then emotion process after things calm down.
 

lexus

Otaku Bestie
.
.
.
.
Joined
12 September 2018
Messages
66,873
Reactions Received
97,852
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,940
Fandom
Number One
Gender
Female
Wreck
20 is a big number and it might rise even still. Poor people, rest in peace.

I hope sth is do to prevent further crimes like this, it seems like hate crimes that involve lot of deaths are on rise.
Unfortunately, I don’t see any type of change happening anytime soon. Shootings happen so often in America that we’re used to this happening. And so many idiots are against having stricter gun laws.
 

lexus

Otaku Bestie
.
.
.
.
Joined
12 September 2018
Messages
66,873
Reactions Received
97,852
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,940
Fandom
Number One
Gender
Female
Wreck
When I was 14, I used to feel so shocked and devastated when I read about mass shootings in the news

Now I'm 19 and I honestly feel nothing. I don't feel sad anymore, I don't feel angry. I feel numb. Most times I don't even click on the articles anymore
It just is what it is and that scares me the most.

My thoughts and well wishes to the victims
Same here. I’ve just become used to hearing about mass shootings that it doesn’t even surprise me anymore.
 

lexus

Otaku Bestie
.
.
.
.
Joined
12 September 2018
Messages
66,873
Reactions Received
97,852
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,940
Fandom
Number One
Gender
Female
Wreck
I feel like this will just make the "say no to gun control" naysayers dig in their heels even more. Because they just know, as soon as they read the headline, a ton of people will tell them, "See?! This is why we need action!" and rather than think, "Oh my god, you're right, what are we doing? Those poor people..." they'll just focus more and more on themselves, with each new shooting, and go, "Well, no, we already said gun control is stupid, so there! Hmph."
Exactly. I don’t understand why these people don’t want anything to change. It’s almost as if they don’t care about what happened to the victims.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread