2021 June & July Book Wrap-Up (1 Viewer)

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
Yes, hello.
I HAVE BEEN ABSENT.
So naturally, I need to update those who are interested on the books I read while I was gone.
:sanapray: :sanapray: :sanapray:

In June I read a total of 7 Books-I DNF'd 1 (It was a bad month)
and in July I read 3 Books (I enjoyed these books more)

JUNE:
1. The Beautiful Ones By Silvia Moreno-Garcia:
4.5 Stars (Historical Romance w/ Magical Realism)
2. I'm Not Dying With You Tonight by Gilly Segal & Kimberly Jones: 3.5 Stars (Hard-Hitting Contemporary)
3. Lair of Dreams by Libba Bray (#2) : 2 Stars DNF'd (Historical Horror)
4. We Are Okay by Nina LaCour: 2.5 Stars (Hard-Hitting Contemporary)
5. A Chorus Rises by Bethany C. Morrow (#2): 3 Stars (Urban Fantasy)
6. Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn: 2.5 Stars (Thriller & Mystery)
7. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.4 by Sui Ishida (#4): 4.5 Stars (Horror)

JULY:
1. The Gilded Ones by Namina Forna (#1):
2.5 Stars (Fantasy)
2. She Drives Me Crazy by Kelly Quindlen: 4 Stars (Contemporary/Romance)
3. A Vow so Bold & Deadly by Brigid Kemmerer (#3): 4 Stars (Fantasy)

If you are curious about any of the books I read feel free to ask anything.
I LOVE talking about books and hearing others thoughts.
Also if you'd like to be tagged in future posts like this just let me know.

ALSO what did you read during the summer so far?
What has been your favorite read or your least favorite read?

PSSST The Gilded Ones was SUCH a letdown for me.
​
 

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
It is always impressive how much you read!
Aww thank you-I hated my reading experience in June though despite reading a decent amount...almost all the books were a letdown. ALSO, I got a sapphic romance up there <.<
 
  • Love
Reactions: lunaria and Willow
Joined
16 June 2019
Messages
61,590
Reactions Received
105,389
Location
Schweiz 🇨🇭
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,010
Fandom
Buddy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her 💗💛💙
Ship
Wreck
Aww thank you-I hated my reading experience in June though despite reading a decent amount...almost all the books were a letdown. ALSO, I got a sapphic romance up there <.<
Omg I am interested :joysip: :mess:
 

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
Omg I am interested :joysip: :mess:
It's the She Drives Me Crazy one. It's a YA so there is nothing like mature in it but I REALLY loved how cute the relationship was.
 
  • Love
  • Like
Reactions: lunaria and Willow
Joined
16 June 2019
Messages
61,590
Reactions Received
105,389
Location
Schweiz 🇨🇭
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,010
Fandom
Buddy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her 💗💛💙
Ship
Wreck
It's the She Drives Me Crazy one. It's a YA so there is nothing like mature in it but I REALLY loved how cute the relationship was.
Is that easy to read?
 
Joined
16 June 2019
Messages
61,590
Reactions Received
105,389
Location
Schweiz 🇨🇭
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,010
Fandom
Buddy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her 💗💛💙
Ship
Wreck
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
i missed you :nekolove: have you read any bl? i finished The Disabled Tyrant's Pet Palm Fish and I will never shut up about it now
 

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
i missed you :nekolove: have you read any bl? i finished The Disabled Tyrant's Pet Palm Fish and I will never shut up about it now
AWww I Missed you too! Also I feel clueless but what does bl mean? Also I have NEVER heard of that book/series-what is it about?
 
  • Like
Reactions: lunaria and Willow
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
AWww I Missed you too! Also I feel clueless but what does bl mean? Also I have NEVER heard of that book/series-what is it about?
bl is boy's love. makes sense u haven't heard of it, its a bl Chinese webnovel, which is the only thing I read recently. its about a guy who transmigrates into a fish in ancient times and has to get a mute prince to fall in love with him ^^
 

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
bl is boy's love. makes sense u haven't heard of it, its a bl Chinese webnovel, which is the only thing I read recently. its about a guy who transmigrates into a fish in ancient times and has to get a mute prince to fall in love with him ^^
Oh I mainly focused on Sapphic this month it seems like but their is a side BL couple in A Vow So Bold & Deadly but you don't see much of it.

also @Anju We Are Okay is another Sapphic one but it wasn't the best imo.

Also that sounds good.
 
Joined
16 June 2019
Messages
61,590
Reactions Received
105,389
Location
Schweiz 🇨🇭
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,010
Fandom
Buddy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her 💗💛💙
Ship
Wreck
Oh I mainly focused on Sapphic this month it seems like but their is a side BL couple in A Vow So Bold & Deadly but you don't see much of it.

also @Anju We Are Okay is another Sapphic one but it wasn't the best imo.

Also that sounds good.
I trust your taste!
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
Oh I mainly focused on Sapphic this month it seems like but their is a side BL couple in A Vow So Bold & Deadly but you don't see much of it.

also @Anju We Are Okay is another Sapphic one but it wasn't the best imo.

Also that sounds good.
i read bl to get away from female characters :sanapray: props for being able to stand saphhic omg
 
Joined
16 June 2019
Messages
61,590
Reactions Received
105,389
Location
Schweiz 🇨🇭
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,010
Fandom
Buddy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her 💗💛💙
Ship
Wreck
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
I relate to you in a way :haylul:
Off the top of my head I can’t think of a single female character I’ve actually liked :jisoosmh: I really don’t know why authors can’t make them not annoying
 
Joined
16 June 2019
Messages
61,590
Reactions Received
105,389
Location
Schweiz 🇨🇭
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,010
Fandom
Buddy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her 💗💛💙
Ship
Wreck
Off the top of my head I can’t think of a single female character I’ve actually liked :jisoosmh: I really don’t know why authors can’t make them not annoying
Hmm that’s a good question!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread