2Z Got Cancelled By Their Rapper (1 Viewer)

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
The person who shared the in clip went on private so I can't post the actual audio. The original story was taken down too

2Z blew up on stan Twitter last week for being on of the first acts to show support for BLM, taking a knee and talking about it on idol radio.

Their rapper, Hyungwoon decided to piss all that clout :nayeonisdone:
He uploaded a demo of his mixtape on IG (Why are these rookie nugus getting private accs wtf)

20200609_180649.jpg

Now, there's nothing wrong with this aside from being the cringiest thing since this

BUT

50 seconds in, there's an audio clip of George Floyd dying. Which needless to say, isn't being received well.

He's already apologized
20200609_180501.jpg


So what is this:
Cancel worthy?
An abomination?
Misunderstood art?
Proof nothing good comes from standing men?
Okay because of the message?
Tone-deaf?
 
Last edited:

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Now hear me out... I'm surprisingly not pissed or offended by this...

I get it.
Tone-deaf as heck and he missed the mark by a mile.
But I get it.
And the intent behind it was neither harmful nor for superficial aesthetic purposes
 

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
.
.
Joined
22 November 2018
Messages
7,026
Reactions Received
27,656
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L & My
Gender
Female
Ship
I do not understand a thing that is happening here but that clip you added KILLED me. I can't stop laughing. I literally have tears in my eyes. The comments are the cherry on top :haylul:
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
I do not understand a thing that is happening here but that clip you added KILLED me. I can't stop laughing. I literally have tears in my eyes. The comments are the cherry on top :haylul:
Racism found dead in a ditch :llama_tea:
 

NASA

3ᑢ273⁷
.
.
Joined
2 July 2019
Messages
4,814
Reactions Received
19,142
Location
3ᑢ 273⁷
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,000
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Ship
50 seconds in, there's an audio clip of George Floyd dying. Which needless to say, isn't being received well.
Now hear me out... I'm surprisingly not pissed or offended by this...

I get it.
Tone-deaf as heck and he missed the mark by a mile.
But I get it.
And the intent behind it was neither harmful nor for superficial aesthetic purposes
I mean I kinda agree with you but I think with the audio clip in particular they really shouldn't have, they might've had good intentions to send out a good message with this but considering how sensitive that is I don't think he was the person to do it. If anyone was going to use a sample of George Floyd in their song it should be another black person, someone who actually has to live in fear of what happened to George Floyd happening to them, in that case I would say it would be a really powerful statement. But for someone who hasn't really experienced that kind of racism and doesn't need to live in fear of it i'd say it's just insensitive. Good intentions but missed the mark completely.
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
I mean I kinda agree with you but I think with the audio clip in particular they really shouldn't have, they might've had good intentions to send out a good message with this but considering how sensitive that is I don't think he was the person to do it. If anyone was going to use a sample of George Floyd in their song it should be another black person, someone who actually has to live in fear of what happened to George Floyd happening to them, in that case I would say it would be a really powerful statement. But for someone who hasn't really experienced that kind of racism and doesn't need to live in fear of it i'd say it's just insensitive. Good intentions but missed the mark completely.
Exactly this. The message wasn't strong enough and honestly he wasn't the person for it.
This is the truest example of something that needed to be left in the drafts 🤦🏾‍♀️

This is why I prefer ggs
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
5,686
Reactions Received
16,237
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I think it was distasteful and disrespectful especially if they did not have permission from his family.
It also just comes across as being vulture like to use a tragedy to gain recognition or be edgy
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
another mess and it really is so disrespectful
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread