- Joined
- 27 August 2018
- Messages
- 71,387
- Reactions Received
- 151,399
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 129,595
- Fandom
- Lex stan
- Gender
- Female
- Pronouns
- she/her
- Ship
- Wreck
I discovered my ult, Jonghyun. I was new to kpop overall, I was only a fan of one group at the time which was Big Bang. He didn't become my ult immediately. To be honest the first thing that grabbed my attention was his hair which i thought was cool but it really wasn't and i don't understand what I was thinking now. However, his vocals grabbed my attention too so the fact that his hair aged terribly for me didn't matter.
Over time I became more interested in the group overall, and as I watched more I fell more in love with him. Part of it was his vocals, I considered his voice one of the best in kpop, and while his solo songs werent my style usually his voice made them worth listening to. Part of it was his personality, not only was he funny but he was very empathetic and kind. He stood up for minorities of all kinds, and he did not hide it even when facing backlash. He once sent a public post to a bisexual transgender student talking about their struggles showing his support, and when he faced backlash for his and Taemins performance of Internet War to the extent of people petitioning to make him leave the group due to it being "too gay", he made his profile image an image of the performance.
One thing that he has done that is so rare to see in kpop or Korea overall is his openness about mental health. He talked about it on his radio show and answered fan mail that he received about the topic as well as other topics.
Yes my mind is falling apart rn if you can't tell.
bear with me
He's wonderful for many reasons other than this, these are just a few things that made me notice him and are some of the reasons he became my ult. A lot of people focus on what happened to him, but it's important to remember the person he was and what he has done for so many people, me included. While he may not be with us anymore, he has left a legacy behind.
Take care of yourselves and remember that you are not alone, no matter how you may feel. There are people who care for you and want to see you happy.
Sorry for this mess of a thread, Im too exhausted rn to think straight but I just wanted to do something for him today.
Over time I became more interested in the group overall, and as I watched more I fell more in love with him. Part of it was his vocals, I considered his voice one of the best in kpop, and while his solo songs werent my style usually his voice made them worth listening to. Part of it was his personality, not only was he funny but he was very empathetic and kind. He stood up for minorities of all kinds, and he did not hide it even when facing backlash. He once sent a public post to a bisexual transgender student talking about their struggles showing his support, and when he faced backlash for his and Taemins performance of Internet War to the extent of people petitioning to make him leave the group due to it being "too gay", he made his profile image an image of the performance.
One thing that he has done that is so rare to see in kpop or Korea overall is his openness about mental health. He talked about it on his radio show and answered fan mail that he received about the topic as well as other topics.
Yes my mind is falling apart rn if you can't tell.
He's wonderful for many reasons other than this, these are just a few things that made me notice him and are some of the reasons he became my ult. A lot of people focus on what happened to him, but it's important to remember the person he was and what he has done for so many people, me included. While he may not be with us anymore, he has left a legacy behind.
Take care of yourselves and remember that you are not alone, no matter how you may feel. There are people who care for you and want to see you happy.
I heard that a lot over the past year, but I didn't believe it. I thought that I could tell who really cared about me and who didn't, and I thought that it was just a lie everyone told to try to make me feel better. It wasn't until after I tried to commit suicide that I managed to see that I was wrong. Depression can really mess with you. Just because you think something is true, doesn't mean it is.
Okay idk why I felt like i needed to share that but i did
Im proof that it's not just a lie, its actually true, even if it may not seem like it.
I hope none of you feel that way, and if you do, we're here for you.
No matter whether you need to talk or just need a cute puppy video or some sexy choreos, don't be afraid to reach out to me or anyone in the mental health thread. We want you to be happy and healthy.
Okay idk why I felt like i needed to share that but i did
I hope none of you feel that way, and if you do, we're here for you.
Sorry for this mess of a thread, Im too exhausted rn to think straight but I just wanted to do something for him today.