5-6 years ago all of these these guys seemed normal... (1 Viewer)

Peach

Always there for Daniel
.
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
1,356
Reactions Received
5,025
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I was going through my K-pop playlist that has 380 videos that I made back in 2012 and barely listen to.. All 5 of them have had major controversies now





this is so sad because these songs are actually great, but the person behind them is not, the worst is recommending these artists to others and they turn out like this :pepecry1:​
 

Peach

Always there for Daniel
.
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
1,356
Reactions Received
5,025
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I know what you mean :/
It sucks since most of us must've thought that they were at least decent people
I know. :pepesad:

Now when I think about it, I feel grossed out.. Eddy Kim's Darling has a lot of sexual innuendos and I thought it was creative. But no, he's trash instead.
 

Mangoey

⤔ ғ ʟ ᴀ ᴍ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴏ ⬹
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
8,269
Reactions Received
26,625
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
I know. :pepesad:

Now when I think about it, I feel grossed out.. Eddy Kim's Darling has a lot of sexual innuendos and I thought it was creative. But no, he's trash instead.
same and I really liked some of their songs, but it's kinda ruined now :/
 

Mangoey

⤔ ғ ʟ ᴀ ᴍ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴏ ⬹
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
8,269
Reactions Received
26,625
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
I am scared of who else they will expose. Luckily it's none of my biases, so far. :yolk:
im scared too. I feel like it's gonna be more people I liked :yolk:
 

mirella

✧✦ soloist akgae ✦✧
.
Joined
9 November 2018
Messages
1,859
Reactions Received
13,182
Location
Pacifika
Website
www.last.fm
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L?
Gender
Female
Ship
Wreck
I liked Drug Restaurant, the band JJY was a part of, and JJY was an entertaining actor... Too bad he's also a good actor in real life, at hiding what a twisted person he is.
 

Peach

Always there for Daniel
.
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
1,356
Reactions Received
5,025
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
im scared too. I feel like it's gonna be more people I liked :yolk:
Honestly speaking though, none of these guys gave me a really good vibe and that's why I probably didn't stan them in their groups or solo. :yolk:
I liked Drug Restaurant, the band JJY was a part of, and JJY was an entertaining actor... Too bad he's also a good actor in real life, at hiding what a twisted person he is.
@Reo saw them live... I think a lot of us just forget that K-pop idols are normal people with entertainment value and not inherently better people which sucks because everyone seems so nice but this is obviously just a face they put on. And because of these few bad apples, people start to lose the trust in the rest.

:hmm:
 

Myco

Ace of Hearts
.
.
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
33,247
Reactions Received
81,309
Location
Beat Interactive
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
13,036
Fandom
Choice
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
Honestly speaking though, none of these guys gave me a really good vibe and that's why I probably didn't stan them in their groups or solo. :yolk:

@Reo saw them live... I think a lot of us just forget that K-pop idols are normal people with entertainment value and not inherently better people which sucks because everyone seems so nice but this is obviously just a face they put on. And because of these few bad apples, people start to lose the trust in the rest.

:hmm:
Still want my money and time back
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Yeah I feel you. I mean obviously we or many people became fans for their music, and they're good at that. But it's impossible to excuse or ignore what they've done.

That being said, whether you still listen to their music or not is imo, a personal choice. Some people can separate the output from the performer, and some believe listening to their music indirectly supports them. I don't wanna take sides here, but if someone wants to listen to those songs, it's okay as long as it doesn't cloud their judgment.
 

mirella

✧✦ soloist akgae ✦✧
.
Joined
9 November 2018
Messages
1,859
Reactions Received
13,182
Location
Pacifika
Website
www.last.fm
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L?
Gender
Female
Ship
Wreck
Yeah I feel you. I mean obviously we or many people became fans for their music, and they're good at that. But it's impossible to excuse or ignore what they've done.

That being said, whether you still listen to their music or not is imo, a personal choice. Some people can separate the output from the performer, and some believe listening to their music indirectly supports them. I don't wanna take sides here, but if someone wants to listen to those songs, it's okay as long as it doesn't cloud their judgment.
That's true. I hate that some people claim that you don't have morals or you're a bad person if you continue to listen to the music. They don't have the right to judge you for that. It's different if you're blindly defending though.
 

Peach

Always there for Daniel
.
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
1,356
Reactions Received
5,025
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Yeah I feel you. I mean obviously we or many people became fans for their music, and they're good at that. But it's impossible to excuse or ignore what they've done.

That being said, whether you still listen to their music or not is imo, a personal choice. Some people can separate the output from the performer, and some believe listening to their music indirectly supports them. I don't wanna take sides here, but if someone wants to listen to those songs, it's okay as long as it doesn't cloud their judgment.
I agree. Personally, this goes against what I believe in but this again is my choice like you said, and if someone wants to listen to these songs, while not forgetting the awful things they've done, then it's fine. It's a lot worse though if they keep doing this while defending them, then that's morally wrong.

Unrelated to K-pop, but there's this group called Lostprophets whose song Rooftop is absolutely great, but I can't ever bring myself to listen to this again, after finding out what the lead singer did and it's a lot worse than what these K-pop idols have done so far. I don't know if you've heard about it but it's absolutely awful case..
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
That's true. I hate that some people claim that you don't have morals or you're a bad person if you continue to listen to the music. They don't have the right to judge you for that. It's different if you're blindly defending though.
Yeah thing is we don't associate the music with just the singer/group. Many times, we primarily associate it with ourselves. There will be memories or emotions attached to the songs that we've listened to for so long and it won't go away just like that. So, I don't think we should judge someone for that.
Of course, defending the artist's actions is an entirely different matter.
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
I agree. Personally, this goes against what I believe in but this again is my choice like you said, and if someone wants to listen to these songs, while not forgetting the awful things they've done, then it's fine. It's a lot worse though if they keep doing this while defending them, then that's morally wrong.

Unrelated to K-pop, but there's this group called Lostprophets whose song Rooftop is absolutely great, but I can't ever bring myself to listen to this again, after finding out what the lead singer did and it's a lot worse than what these K-pop idols have done so far. I don't know if you've heard about it but it's absolutely awful case..
Totally agreed. I can understand both sides of the fence, but it comes down to a personal choice for me. As long as someone's feelings for the song doesn't get in the way of how they feel about the person, I think it's fine.

Idk about Lostprophets but I'll look them up. There are quite a few Western musicians who've done criminal stuff so it wouldn't surprise me.
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I think the artist part still remains, the music hasn't changed to me, not really. People are complex and have different sides. Now these guys were just exposed that one side of them was really ugly. It feels weird to listen their music anymore, especially with Seungri's for me, but still I have nth put praise for his discography regardless.
 

Peach

Always there for Daniel
.
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
1,356
Reactions Received
5,025
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Totally agreed. I can understand both sides of the fence, but it comes down to a personal choice for me. As long as someone's feelings for the song doesn't get in the way of how they feel about the person, I think it's fine.

Idk about Lostprophets but I'll look them up. There are quite a few Western musicians who've done criminal stuff so it wouldn't surprise me.
Fans on Twitter are of another league though. Seen so much Seungri defending there, which is insane!

And I agree, but the fact that this involves rape and a child.. I can't. At least he got locked up for a long time. :pepecry1:
I think the artist part still remains, the music hasn't changed to me, not really. People are complex and have different sides. Now these guys were just exposed that one side of them was really ugly. It feels weird to listen their music anymore, especially with Seungri's for me, but still I have nth put praise for his discography regardless.
That's why it feels weird for me to delete their music off the playlist because at one point I absolutely adored these songs for how well produced they're and I'd even recommend them to others. I won't do this anymore, but regardless of the things they've done, the quality of the songs hasn't gone down and we can only give them hard time for the immoral things they've done.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread