- Joined
- 4 December 2018
- Messages
- 3,200
- Reactions Received
- 11,455
- Location
- USA
- Website
- emanresukdrama.wordpress.com
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 205
- Fandom
- Once, Sone
- Gender
- Male
A Few OST Favorites (With Commentary)
I'm a big K-drama lover.
K-drama offers some of the best, most exciting and dramatic stories around. And in my opinion, give a wholesome and romantic perspective that's hard to find in Western entertainment.
A big part of the magic can be found in the wonderful soundtracks.
Here a just a few of my favs.
Yangpa - The Full Sun
(Beyond The Clouds, 2014)
One of the most romantic pieces I've ever heard. It still brings me back to the central romance of the show every time I listen. Sweeping, beautiful and emotional. I get goosebumps every time. I can feel the longing, the love between the characters faced with the uncertainty of whether their love will be enough to overcome the realities of their situation.
Ailee - Tears Stole My Heart
(Secret, 2014)
Another romantic selection. My personal favorite from Ailee (though I'm an admitted novice on her library). One of the rare pieces with English lyrics I'm fond of. I'm a big fan of love/hate romances where there's a near tragic sense that pervades the romance, in that the characters know all the reasons why it won't work, but can't help themselves despite knowing opposition that stands in their way.
Kim Bo Kyung - Suddenly
(City Hunter, 2010)
This one makes me so nostalgic. A more uplifting piece than many I've recommended. In line with the central romance, there's a sense of hope and optimism that pervades it. A feeling that the characters can overcome anything. Exciting, uplifting.... it's one of my absolute favorites.
Kim Bohyung (SPICA) - Same Day
(The K2, 2016)
Another more upbeat and uplifting OST. Holds a special place in my heart for making me nostalgic for The K2 and Yoona. My fanboy bias aside, I think this OST is wonderful and really memorable. Love it.
Lush - Love
(Mirror Of The Witch, 2016)
An extremely beautiful and romantic piece. A sense of hope for the future, but a hint of melancholy at what we cherish might be lost along the way. Falls in line with the central romance and story of the show, that acts as a coming of age romance. Beautiful.
Healer - Main Theme
(Healer, 2014)
Slightly different than most of my favorites. This one is less a romantic theme than just the main theme of the story. I find it really beautiful though. Has a beauty and soft touch that really captures the feel and wonder of the story.
Jung Joonil - The First Snow
(Goblin, 2016)
My favorite OST of all time. Perhaps my favorite romantic song ever. Plays during my favorite scene from any drama ever. Alone on a ski lift, our main female lead blows out a candle to summon her Goblin. He always comes to her. Always. However this time he doesn't appear. Alone in the quiet winter snow fall, she hears only the slow creak of the lift, the flakes of snow her only companion. Tears threaten at the corner of her eyes as she comes to the realization that he may not come. Is their bond broken? She begins to weep silently. Then...... The lift approaches the top of the hill.... the music crescendos. And there he is. Waiting for her. He came. For her. Like he always does. Like he promised.
That's all for now!
Comment! Share your thoughts! Share your own favorites!
I'm a big K-drama lover.
K-drama offers some of the best, most exciting and dramatic stories around. And in my opinion, give a wholesome and romantic perspective that's hard to find in Western entertainment.
A big part of the magic can be found in the wonderful soundtracks.
Here a just a few of my favs.
Yangpa - The Full Sun
(Beyond The Clouds, 2014)
One of the most romantic pieces I've ever heard. It still brings me back to the central romance of the show every time I listen. Sweeping, beautiful and emotional. I get goosebumps every time. I can feel the longing, the love between the characters faced with the uncertainty of whether their love will be enough to overcome the realities of their situation.
Ailee - Tears Stole My Heart
(Secret, 2014)
Another romantic selection. My personal favorite from Ailee (though I'm an admitted novice on her library). One of the rare pieces with English lyrics I'm fond of. I'm a big fan of love/hate romances where there's a near tragic sense that pervades the romance, in that the characters know all the reasons why it won't work, but can't help themselves despite knowing opposition that stands in their way.
Kim Bo Kyung - Suddenly
(City Hunter, 2010)
This one makes me so nostalgic. A more uplifting piece than many I've recommended. In line with the central romance, there's a sense of hope and optimism that pervades it. A feeling that the characters can overcome anything. Exciting, uplifting.... it's one of my absolute favorites.
Kim Bohyung (SPICA) - Same Day
(The K2, 2016)
Another more upbeat and uplifting OST. Holds a special place in my heart for making me nostalgic for The K2 and Yoona. My fanboy bias aside, I think this OST is wonderful and really memorable. Love it.
Lush - Love
(Mirror Of The Witch, 2016)
An extremely beautiful and romantic piece. A sense of hope for the future, but a hint of melancholy at what we cherish might be lost along the way. Falls in line with the central romance and story of the show, that acts as a coming of age romance. Beautiful.
Healer - Main Theme
(Healer, 2014)
Slightly different than most of my favorites. This one is less a romantic theme than just the main theme of the story. I find it really beautiful though. Has a beauty and soft touch that really captures the feel and wonder of the story.
Jung Joonil - The First Snow
(Goblin, 2016)
My favorite OST of all time. Perhaps my favorite romantic song ever. Plays during my favorite scene from any drama ever. Alone on a ski lift, our main female lead blows out a candle to summon her Goblin. He always comes to her. Always. However this time he doesn't appear. Alone in the quiet winter snow fall, she hears only the slow creak of the lift, the flakes of snow her only companion. Tears threaten at the corner of her eyes as she comes to the realization that he may not come. Is their bond broken? She begins to weep silently. Then...... The lift approaches the top of the hill.... the music crescendos. And there he is. Waiting for her. He came. For her. Like he always does. Like he promised.
That's all for now!
Comment! Share your thoughts! Share your own favorites!