A ghosts testimony once helped convict a murderer (1 Viewer)

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,394
Reactions Received
151,405
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,603
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
In 1897, the testimony of a ghost made its way into a criminal court case in West Virginia. In January, Elva Shue was found dead in her home. Her husband washed her and dressed her in a high necked dress and veil (customary then to dress a dead person, but very uncustomary to have a veil or for any man to do it). He also requested that the autopsy be cut short.

About a month after her burial, Elva’s mother requested that her body be reexamined, claiming that she had received visions of her daughter visiting her and saying that Elva had actually been murdered. Her mother gave various details about the event, saying that Elva’s husband had actually strangled her, breaking her neck and crushing her windpipe, just because he was mad there was no meat as part of dinner. The body was dug up, and a second autopsy showed that Elva had a broken neck, crushed windpipe, and bruising on her neck and chest.

The case went to trial, and various pieces of evidence and testimony were brought up. This included medical records, the history of his past wives (one had said he was abusive and one had mysteriously died), witnesses saying he acted weird about anyone being near Elva’s head after her death, and of course the testimony of the ghost. The judge did tell the jury to review all evidence carefully, but the ghosts testimony was never officially struck from the record. Elva’s husband was found guilty of murder, and he would die in prison 3 years later.
 

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,394
Reactions Received
151,405
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,603
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck

dark_tranquility

YOᑌ ᗪIᗪᑎ'T ᗷᗴTᖇᗩY ᗰᗴ, YOᑌ ᗷᗴTᖇᗩYᗴᗪ YOᑌᖇSᗴᒪᖴ
.
.
Joined
10 September 2019
Messages
62,130
Reactions Received
52,518
Location
Europe and Asia
Website
www.ancestry.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
201,438
Fandom
𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Eurasian
That's insane as well as fascinating
I guess even the deceased have a say in convicting a person
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ahsoka

StrayMixx

aka Chiara
.
.
Joined
12 September 2020
Messages
40,173
Reactions Received
46,831
Location
in Bang Chan's head
Website
www.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
181,974
Fandom
mainly bg
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
before I read this, will I have to sleep with the lights on if I do? I scare easily
 

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,394
Reactions Received
151,405
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,603
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
before I read this, will I have to sleep with the lights on if I do? I scare easily
It discusses murder, but there’s not much supernatural to it past someone giving the ghosts testimony.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread