- Joined
- 19 November 2018
- Messages
- 4,371
- Reactions Received
- 11,118
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 330
- Fandom
- ReVeluv
- Gender
- Female
I do feel like a lot of anime do fall back on tropes and gags and stuff to draw in quick fans and it's definitely not my cup of tea. I've become pretty picky over time with the type of anime I watch too, though.
BUT ANYWAY! I mainly stick to shounen-type anime that have a mix of many genres, though the main thing is action/adventure (e.g., BnHA, Naruto) or small-time anime/manga and slice of life ones that many find boring (e.g., Morose Mononokean, Natsume Yuujinchou.)
Honestly, I may watch something trope-y every now and then if the overall anime is good. My biggest pet peeve, present since the lovely days of InuYasha, has always been overdone female violence, actually xD. As a female myself and a young tomboy who tussled often with male bullies in my childhood, I...just absolutely hate that particular trope to the point that I'm like, "Okay, if x-non-asshole-main-male character hauled off and punched her ass back, the anime collective would be pissed AF," but I still want him to punch her in the throat. This is just in general when you have the often-over-used-nearly-every-episode female beating the male for humor. I just...don't find it funny, lol...
BUT ANYWAY! I mainly stick to shounen-type anime that have a mix of many genres, though the main thing is action/adventure (e.g., BnHA, Naruto) or small-time anime/manga and slice of life ones that many find boring (e.g., Morose Mononokean, Natsume Yuujinchou.)