Adulting sucks (1 Viewer)

PWSwan

.
Joined
28 May 2019
Messages
1,838
Reactions Received
1,691
Location
The Psycho World
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
13,352
I've been adulting for a long time now, but everything hit at once this week. I have a jury summons on my magnet board; I can't check if I need to go for another three weeks, so I get to stew in my own dread. Today I received my property tax statement, which isn't so bad, but I have to pay it. And to top it off, the left temple of my computer glasses snapped.

I'm venting here because I really don't have anyone else to talk to.
 

Sourcekeeper

Tech Support
.
.
.
Joined
25 August 2018
Messages
6,828
Reactions Received
28,463
Location
YG Entertainment
Website
kpopsource.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
26,616
Fandom
MONSTIEZ
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She / Her / Hers
I've been adulting for a long time now, but everything hit at once this week. I have a jury summons on my magnet board; I can't check if I need to go for another three weeks, so I get to stew in my own dread. Today I received my property tax statement, which isn't so bad, but I have to pay it. And to top it off, the left temple of my computer glasses snapped.

I'm venting here because I really don't have anyone else to talk to.
I completely relate to this. I never really had a 'best friend' growing up either—just a boyfriend in my 20s, and when that ended, I realized I had lost my only real connection from that time. It can be really isolating, so I totally understand where you're coming from. I’m dealing with some heavy financial stress myself right now, but working on KS is my escape. It brings me a lot of happiness and helps me not dwell on the difficulties.
 
Joined
27 January 2026
Messages
255
Reactions Received
265
Location
Chans happy place
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
734
Fandom
BTS
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She, her
Ship
we say in my family once everything bad happens then it’ll start getting better than before and it’ll just start getting better after it gets bad usually its a cycle like that even if you can‘t see it, remember when things start becoming hard or to much to always find spar time for yourself and dont over think on it, and when it comes it’ll be fine and you’ll get it over with! Remember we care about you and wish for you to have amazing time in your life!!! so try to always look on the bright side of things even if you can’t see it just yet. (Sorry im not good with these types of things)
 

PWSwan

.
Joined
28 May 2019
Messages
1,838
Reactions Received
1,691
Location
The Psycho World
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
13,352
I did get one piece of good news: I had already ordered my new computer glasses, but they hadn't showed up on the post office's tracking site when I made the original post. I tracked them again a little while ago; they'll be here tomorrow in the mail.
 
Joined
27 January 2026
Messages
255
Reactions Received
265
Location
Chans happy place
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
734
Fandom
BTS
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She, her
Ship
I did get one piece of good news: I had already ordered my new computer glasses, but they hadn't showed up on the post office's tracking site when I made the original post. I tracked them again a little while ago; they'll be here tomorrow in the mail.
thats good
 
  • Like
Reactions: Sourcekeeper

ChiaraStar169

bite the apple, baby!
.
.
Joined
12 September 2020
Messages
40,129
Reactions Received
46,797
Location
irritating the metalheads
Website
www.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
183,869
Fandom
mainly bg
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I did get one piece of good news: I had already ordered my new computer glasses, but they hadn't showed up on the post office's tracking site when I made the original post. I tracked them again a little while ago; they'll be here tomorrow in the mail.
oh, that's good!
 

ChiaraStar169

bite the apple, baby!
.
.
Joined
12 September 2020
Messages
40,129
Reactions Received
46,797
Location
irritating the metalheads
Website
www.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
183,869
Fandom
mainly bg
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
if you think that money situation is bad... when I moved out of the home for the blind I used to live at, they took out not one, not two, but THREE MONTHS of rent payments (when I left, rent was $715, so we're talking $2145 - way more than I used to get in SSI!), putting me in the negative for days. idr if we ever disputed that or not, but anyway it was like seven years ago, so it doesn't reallmy matter anymore. but omg it was so scary!
 
  • Wow
Reactions: Harmony_Starz

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread