Aegyo - what is your opinion? (1 Viewer)

Joined
19 October 2020
Messages
19,165
Reactions Received
28,437
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,455
Fandom
multi BG
Gender
Female
First, I want to say I´m not dissing, but seriously I have never understood why would grown up people act that way. I must admit that in my first language "cute" is not even used to describe adults and teenagers. Cute are animals, babies, young children or things. When your friend wears a cute top, you go on to comment the cute top and tell her that she looks pretty. We don´t really use the adjective to describe adults at all (or even teenagers or kids that are like 6+).
I´ve thought that might be an important part to explain. Why aegyo is very cringy to me. I know it is a part of Korean culture and it is probably regarded differently, I also know I don´t have to watch it or anything and no one is really making me (and I usually just roll my eyes and move on), but I have noticed some idols also hate acting cute and I just feel their pain.

However, I´ve wanted to ask whether I´m the only cynic here or whether there might be more people of my kind :D.
 
Joined
1 June 2019
Messages
4,641
Reactions Received
11,710
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
5
Fandom
EXO-L
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
I know some people irl who have a lot of aegyo so As long as it's natural, it's great. But when someone does it forcefully, it's weird and cringy.
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I adore it
 
  • Like
Reactions: brekker and Willow

StrayMixx

aka Chiara
.
.
Joined
12 September 2020
Messages
40,160
Reactions Received
46,820
Location
in Bang Chan's head
Website
www.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
181,335
Fandom
mainly bg
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I don't really have an opinion. lol but if it's cringey, I guess it's cringey!
 
  • Like
Reactions: brekker
Joined
6 February 2021
Messages
1,117
Reactions Received
1,890
Location
In your dreams
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Multifan
Gender
Female
For me, it's pretty cringy due to the fact that some Idols are pushing 30 ( suho, Irene, etc.) Like, stop making grown people do that kind of stuff. If a child does it, then it's cute. But if a grown adult does it, then it's pretty weird
 
  • Like
Reactions: brekker

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,256
Reactions Received
76,671
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,870
Ship
Wreck
Not my thing but I guess it's just something to see if an idol can pull off being cute as it's seen as more feminine or something
 
  • Like
Reactions: brekker

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
.
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
23,134
Reactions Received
38,822
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,488
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
It’s weird, it kind of depends for me personally. If the idol hates it, yeah don’t make them do it. I don’t like the aegyo that’s baby talk cause that’s just- :irenecrazy: but other things I don’t really mind it and even if I find it cringey I still think it’s entertaining in a funny kind of way if that makes sense.
1613279013817.gif
1613279059842.gif
 
  • Like
Reactions: brekker

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread