Age and Gender Demographics for 8 Groups (1 Viewer)

Joined
9 October 2019
Messages
437
Reactions Received
1,568
Location
Italy
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
EXO

GENDER

Male listeners: 25%
Female listeners: 75%

AGE
10-19: 32%
20-29: 35%
30-39: 12%
40-49: 15%
50+: 6%


BTS

GENDER
Male listeners: 24%
Female listeners: 76%

AGE
10-19: 24%
20-29: 26%
30-39: 19%
40-49: 27%
50+: 4%


SEVENTEEN

GENDER

Male listeners: 18%
Female listeners: 82%

AGE
10-19: 46%
20-29: 19%
30-39: 7%
40-49: 23%
50+: 4%


RED VELVET

GENDER

Male listeners: 37%
Female listeners: 63%

AGE
10-19: 37%
20-29: 32%
30-39: 8%
40-49: 18%
50+: 5%


BLACKPINK

GENDER

Male listeners: 38%
Female listeners: 61%

AGE
10-19: 32%
20-29: 32%
30-39: 11%
40-49: 19%
50+: 5%


TWICE

GENDER

Male listeners: 59%
Female listeners: 41%

AGE
10-19: 30%
20-29: 32%
30-39: 15%
40-49: 19%
50+: 4%


IZ*ONE

GENDER

Male listeners: 79%
Female listeners: 21%

AGE
10-19: 32%
20-29: 36%
30-39: 23%
40-49: 8%
50+: 1%


LOONA

GENDER

Male listeners: 29%
Female listeners: 71%

AGE
10-19: 42%
20-29: 44%
30-39: 10%
40-49: 3%
50+: 1%​


Most curious notes:

BTS fans between 40-49: 27%
Seventeen female listeners: 82%
Seventeen fans between 10-19: 46%
Twice male listeners: 59%
Iz*One male listeners: 79%
Loona female listeners: 71%
Loona fans between 10-19: 42%


Source
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
There was some surprises like Loona's female count being so high, 70% is really high for girl group. Also BTS biggest age demographic being 40-49, i wonder if this just korean fans i think it would make more sense to me, cause I don't think many 40+ western women access youtube and social media so far that would be exposed to bts and kpop.

Other than those two all of it made sense to me ^^
 
Joined
14 July 2019
Messages
2,532
Reactions Received
8,405
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
So, other than TWICE and IZ*ONE, everyone else has mostly female listeners.
I don't think that it's surprising that there are GG's now that has a higher ratio of female listeners now as #1. Many GG's tend to have a concept that suits the female taste and #2. There are more Bi girls and Lesbians who are into K-pop more than before that love GG's and even BG's.
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Can ifans use melon? That would explain Loona's ratio and Twice having more female fans than I expected
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,193
Reactions Received
76,666
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,512
Ship
Wreck
Can ifans use melon? That would explain Loona's ratio and Twice having more female fans than I expected
ifans can use Melon, there are hoops to jump through for it but it is possible
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Loona‘s is not so surprising to me personally. Most fans really are early teens or in the 20‘s range
 
Joined
1 March 2019
Messages
6,661
Reactions Received
14,598
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
HoeForUmin
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Love that more females are listening to female groups. Mamamoo aren’t on that list, but I know they have more female listeners too.

I’m surprised EXO only has 25% male listeners. I mean I was expected females to be higher, but you see a lot of males when they’re having concerts.
 
Joined
14 July 2019
Messages
2,532
Reactions Received
8,405
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Love that more females are listening to female groups. Mamamoo aren’t on that list, but I know they have more female listeners too.

I’m surprised EXO only has 25% male listeners. I mean I was expected females to be higher, but you see a lot of males when they’re having concerts.
Yeah, more and more females are interested in GG's now, like you said Mamamoo has a high female audience and also Dreamcatcher has a high female audience and I would also think that groups like CLC and (G)I-dle would also have a higher ratio of female audience as well.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread