Ahn Jae Hyun and Gu Hye Sun are getting divorced! (1 Viewer)

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
.
.
Joined
22 November 2018
Messages
7,026
Reactions Received
27,656
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L & My
Gender
Female
Ship


Ku Hye Sun has announced that her husband Ahn Jae Hyun wants a divorce.

Early in the morning of August 18, Ku Hye Sun took to Instagram to share a message about her marriage.

In addition to a photo of the words “I love you, Ku Hye Sun. I love you. Ku Hye Sun,” the actress posted the following message:
​
After we lost our spark, my husband has had a change of heart and wants a divorce, and I want to stay married. (Next week, representatives of my husband will be releasing news reports, and I am informing you that they are completely untrue. I hope that the truth will come to light.)

Ku Hye Sun and Ahn Jae Hyun married in May 2016 after starring together in the KBS drama “Blood.”

Ku Hye Sun has now revealed a series of text messages that she exchanged with Ahn Jae Hyun, which appear to indicate that the couple has already agreed to a divorce. Read the full translations of her messages here:

​
A: I already told the “New Journey to the West” staff the day before yesterday that I’ll be releasing the [divorce] agreement and the press statement that you gave me three days ago next week, and I’m currently in the process of discussing it with [the “New Journey to the West” staff].

Ku Hye Sun: Not next week. Depending on how my mom’s doing.

Ku Hye Sun: To me, “New Journey to the West” isn’t more important than how my mom’s doing.

A: We’ve already come to an agreement, and all that’s left is the paperwork. I think it would be a meaningless meeting. Let’s move forward as scheduled, and I’ll meet with your mother.

A: I’ve also called her by phone.

Ku Hye Sun: I heard that you had made plans to meet. Contact me when you meet.

Ku Hye Sun: Just like you persuaded her when we got married, take responsibility and persuade her about our divorce. Paperwork isn’t hard.​

The first text message pictured in the second image is cut off, so that only the final lines of the message are visible.

​
A: …and I don’t think it will be easy to sort out. I think it will be overwhelming for your mother, and I’m also overwhelmed. Let’s proceed with things according to plan, and I’ll meet with her [another time].

Ku Hye Sun: Work is more important than my mom?

Ku Hye Sun: What kind of loathsome talk is this.

A: I will speak to your mother by phone.

A: I don’t know what to say to her in person.

Ku Hye Sun: But you should still take responsibility. If you act callously like this, I’m not going to stand by and watch.

Ku Hye Sun: Meet her in person and apologize… for the fact that you weren’t able to keep your promises from when we got married.

Ku Hye Sun: Why is work important. If you say work is more important than my mom, then I really won’t hold back.​
​

Soompi

​
 

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
.
.
Joined
22 November 2018
Messages
7,026
Reactions Received
27,656
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L & My
Gender
Female
Ship
This is really sad. He seemed like he was completely in love with her.

I don't want to pick sides since we obviously don't know what actually happened, but her reaction is really immature. Why would she release their private messages. K-nets are always calling her childish and this doesn't prove otherwise. I don't see this ending well.

That said, I hope this divorce news doesn't negatively affect either of them. They both seem like good people.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and potato

Panda

.
.
.
.
Joined
24 September 2018
Messages
8,755
Reactions Received
24,302
Location
Somewhere Near Bamboo
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
12
Fandom
Starlight
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
hmm... these texts do make him look bad tbh.
A bit petty too, this is a private matter between the two and I doubt that Ahn Jae Hyun wanted those or anything related to the divorce released like this.

Either way, I hope that between the two, it will be a peaceful divorce. 2019 really isn't holding back. It's kinda sad, I loved them together in "Blood" :')
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and potato
Joined
15 August 2019
Messages
246
Reactions Received
866
Location
USA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
i don't know them but i hope everything goes as cleanly as possible and that their reputations aren't damaged because of this.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and potato
Joined
1 March 2019
Messages
6,661
Reactions Received
14,598
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
HoeForUmin
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Looks like Hyesun is the one that despite not wanting the divorce, is also the one getting on with it rather than Jaehyun.

Hyesun shouldn’t have posted these, but if Jaehyun is using his work to block out what’s happening (like calling her mum afterwards instead of meeting her or gathering paperwork) then that isn’t cool either.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and potato

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I don't get why the husband is releasing news reports about it. Marriage is really personal thing, why turn divorce into some press conference. This happened with Song Joong Ki and his wife as well. Is this common in Korea, when you divorce you need to release statements about it??
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and potato

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
I know zip about either of them but she's really pretty
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Jaehyun :umjicry:
He really was whipped for her. Just watching everything on New Journey to the west made you root for the couple.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread