- Joined
- 20 November 2018
- Messages
- 65,862
- Reactions Received
- 77,040
- Location
- Heaven
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 53,448
I have thought premature to tell about this; but some turn of events are forcing me to tell. AI is what I called my "pet project" on another thread. It's still a working name, and it means "Asian Idols". It was born out of a forum posts between @Lady_Grey and myself about setting up a forum for Japanese idols or Asian idols in general. I actually want a forum of EA idols with a less emphasis on the rest of Asia. It would involve a blog for articles of Asian idols in general. I have making a wishlist on what I want to include on the site.
The project is a big one, I don't have money, nor I have the skills; so I'll need to get ready for it first. I've been thinking that I may be able to open the forum by mid next year. I have chosen to make it out of open source tools; Ruby, Rails, and Thredded. I have much to learn in the process, and right now it looks overwhelming. I can't right now go for commercial solutions, and I don't want to deal with PHP. Some coders on another forum have told me it's a coding nightmare.
The project is a big one, I don't have money, nor I have the skills; so I'll need to get ready for it first. I've been thinking that I may be able to open the forum by mid next year. I have chosen to make it out of open source tools; Ruby, Rails, and Thredded. I have much to learn in the process, and right now it looks overwhelming. I can't right now go for commercial solutions, and I don't want to deal with PHP. Some coders on another forum have told me it's a coding nightmare.