[ALBUM REVIEW] EVERGLOW -77.82 x -78.29 (1 Viewer)

Joined
26 November 2018
Messages
4,551
Reactions Received
12,217
Location
Irene's hands
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
*this is only my very subjective and personal opinion, I am not a professional or anything like that...


Oh, who could've imagine Everglow would take me out of my laziness to write another review but since they're the talk of the town lately, why not?
I think I should start from the beginning, shouldn't I? there are so many things to say about this album but definitely the title track takes the crown as best gg song (so far) of 2020 and I'm not saying this lightly, this year has been very good in terms of music releases with corona and everything.


LA DI DA has something few songs have archived throughout the year, take the retro-synth trend and make it sound new with EG's specific flavor. Idk who is in charge of their production team but I can tell is someone with a clear direction for the group, they've been on top of their game and LA DI DA shows they're not afraid of taking new hights.
Each layer of sound compliments the next one: The verses keep you engaged all the time, the chorus is catchy and the rap parts don't feel like attachments to the song but something meant to be there. Can I just say that Yiren's lines, although short, are basically the highlights of the song? In that sense, the vocals are well distributed (ahem better line distribution) and all the members get to shine, Mia and Sihyeon ate esp. the adlibs in the background.
The lyrics make reference to the most popular songs in recent years (Sorry not Sorry, Shake it Off, Seven Rings...) but still have their own purpose and message and the beat... the 80's vibe is life on it's own but the last disco bit sent me to the moon.

The rest of the album is equally good, Untouchable is the best B-side for me, retro as well but sweeter and softer than La di da, I particularly liked the harmonizations in the post-chorus (?) and once again, Mia is eating the adlibs.
Gxxd Boy and No Good Reason go for a more "traditional pop" approach but the first one is sassy while the other one feels more emotional and personal.


Overall, is a great mini album. Every song is equally enjoyable and has something different to offer, I hope EG keep up trying new things and evolving.
9.5/10




​
 

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
.
.
Joined
24 November 2018
Messages
52,131
Reactions Received
94,782
Location
Dreamworld
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
132,191
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
This album is easily one of the best this year, and 'LA DI DA' is my current song of the year for sure.

I also think 2020 has been solid in releases this year, so picking SOTY from a pretty large list of great songs is hard. But Everglow have really done something special with 'LA DI DA'. I hope they do this Synth-Retro sound again.

Although I'll never say it out loud and will forget it, I love the name of the album: "Negative Seventy Seven Point Eighty Two By Negative Seventy Eight Point Twenty Nine"

Here's E:U saying it, she's so cute:

 
Joined
26 November 2018
Messages
4,551
Reactions Received
12,217
Location
Irene's hands
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
This album is easily one of the best this year, and 'LA DI DA' is my current song of the year for sure.

I also think 2020 has been solid in releases this year, so picking SOTY from a pretty large list of great songs is hard. But Everglow have really done something special with 'LA DI DA'. I hope they do this Synth-Retro sound again.

Although I'll never say it out loud and will forget it, I love the name of the album: "Negative Seventy Seven Point Eighty Two By Negative Seventy Eight Point Twenty Nine"

Here's E:U saying it, she's so cute:

What a brave soul, lol!
:haylul:
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I love this review
 
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
45,144
Reactions Received
53,001
Location
Rosé's World
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
174,123
Fandom
GoldenStar
Gender
Male
....
Although I'll never say it out loud and will forget it, I love the name of the album: "Negative Seventy Seven Point Eighty Two By Negative Seventy Eight Point Twenty Nine"

Here's E:U saying it, she's so cute:

She also said it in the vlive the day before the showcase but wouldnt repeat it a second time then, cos who would blame her.
Saying it even once in English on vlive was awesome, already. Stan Park Jiwon/stream La Di Da.

Found it:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread