Appreciation album review : Negative Energy by VEXED (1 Viewer)

Joined
16 June 2019
Messages
61,590
Reactions Received
105,389
Location
Schweiz 🇨🇭
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,010
Fandom
Buddy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her 💗💛💙
Ship
Wreck
Here I come with a new album review!

The second album of VEXED was released today and I thought it would make a nice review.
Negative Energy's release comes two years after their debut album Culling Culture.
Prior to the album release, three singles were revealed "Anti-Fetish", "X my <3 (Hope to Die)" and "Trauma Euphoria".

872527.jpg


about the album:
genre: alternative metal
release date: 23rd June 2023
country: England

If their first album had some clean vocals included, here don't expect that many of them.
Their vocalist Megan said herself that initially she wanted to write positive/cheering songs for their second record.
However, she reckon that it was harder for the group to come up with a lot of these kind of songs when composing.
That is the reason why the group focused more on themes like trauma, depression, mental health issues, etc.
The album itself represents well all of this : sadness, anger, disappointment, grief.

about the songs:
Normally I review the songs based on the tracklist, but I have decided to rank them in a different order.
Because the album is quite heavy overall, I know not all of you would enjoy them as much as I do (I am weak for screams)

pre-released singles:
Anti-Fetish :
First single to have been revealed and probably their heaviest song so far. Heavy riffs and loud unclean vocals might be a comparison to how she feels.
Megan said in an interview that she hates when people label her band as "female fronted" and wanted to protest against that here.
It makes her also angry when people compare female artists with each other and denounce it here.
Rating: 8.5/10

X my <3 (Hope to die):

Trauma Euphoria:

Default:
Powerful song with a lot of layers, I have found that the song, despite being aggressive and loud, quite emotional.
Rating: 7.5/10

I will add the rest probably tomorrow

...

​
 
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread