MV AMARANTHE - Outer Dimensions (Official Music Video) (1 Viewer)

Joined
30 December 2022
Messages
12,442
Reactions Received
9,457
Location
Germany
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
76,882
Gender
Male
Amaranthe isn't the same without Henrik. I think they finally got their dream team in Elize, Henrik and Nils, and I think they knew that and knew they needed to do as much with it as possible before it's too late, hence why they made Manifest, which is arguably their best album. Helix was good, too, but really scatterbrained. Oh, and 'PvP' and the 'Army of the Night' cover were both great, too.

But it's just not the same :( Henrik was THE growler. GG6 himself. If Nils leaves, too, I'll be gutted.

Speaking of which, if you haven't heard 'From Sound to Silence' by Nils' band Dynazty, please do so. Henrik is featured on it.

It's funny, but I could almost swear they took a page out of k-pop's book when they worked on Manifest. The line distribution was perfection.
I bought all Dynazty albums so far (my favorite is the latest one: Final Advent).



Although they have a rather hard signature sound, Amaranthe was always more 'poppy' than other Metal bands and I appreciate that. I already liked their signature sound long before finding my way to K-Pop. Henrik was good, I also liked Jake's singing voice (although his rap parts could be more dominant at times). Do you know his band Cyhra?



'Manifest' is a great album. Amaranthe toured in Japan in 2023, but with songs like 'Make It Better' they should have concerts in South Korea too .



Oh, and Jennifer. I highly recommend listening to her band Beyond The Black. Especially their latest album (self-titled 'Beyond The Black') is so good!

 
  • Love
Reactions: Glorious_Beans
Joined
30 December 2022
Messages
12,442
Reactions Received
9,457
Location
Germany
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
76,882
Gender
Male
Oh, I hadn't thought of that. It'd be interesting. I feel like South Korea is still getting comfortable with rock, though, so it might be a lot to take in xD
Fortunately bands like Synsnake, StarryWave, F.T. Island, The Rose, IZ, Messgram, and (of course!) Dreamcatcher already brought Metal and Rock sound into K-Pop. So I guess K-Pop will get much more interesting for Rock and Metal fans in the future. Having said that, I didn't find another Korean artist like Loody Bensh so far. South Korea and Power Metal? We are not there yet.

 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread