an appreciation post for blackpinks live performances (1 Viewer)

Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
2,548
Reactions Received
9,068
Location
under these bitches skin
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
this is long overdue and I'm surprised that I haven't talked about it yet but yes an appreciation post for Blackpink's live performances is finally here! ill be talking about a few things with different examples of some of my favorite performances from them.


LIVE SINGING

blackpink has a strange reputation from kpop fans about their live singing, they never apparently sing live. now while blackpink has lip synced, they only do it when on music shows and other instances that usually recommend for them to do so. but when Blackpink has the choice in the matter, they usually sing live and they sound great while doing it.

an example:
now, these two performances from jyps party people are 100% live, there's no backing track, no prerecorded vocals, its all live with a live band as well. the girls sound great even after performing an intense medley of all their songs which was also 100% live as well, blackpink is clearly a group who is capable of singing well live even when tired.




other examples:

now this whole set at Anation 2019 is one of my favorites from this year, their vocals were great. also the live band>>>


honestly, Blackpink at music festivals>>>>. this was one of my favorites from them as well.



they said, "our mics are on!"



serving face, choreo and live vocals on a platter for us to enjoy!



and of course, they always sing live at their concerts :)) .... which leads me to my next point...



CONCERTS
even though Blackpink only have 13 songs, they still manage to fill up whatever venue they're in with great stage presence and charisma that leaves their fans starstruck. this is where they shine the most and what most kpop fans ignore when they talk about blackpinks stage presence. I've heard nothing but great reviews from blinks who have gone to their concerts, only criticism is that they wish they had more songs. not only do they sing live, but they also have an amazing live band who seriously enhances Blackpink's music to the fullest. I mean their first-ever tour isn't the highest-grossing tour for a girl group this decade for no reason.

an example:
ahh they just look like they're having so much fun, also those vocals>>>


they really are just THOSE girls like...



I know this is another performance from their Chicago date but they were really showing out that day, also the way the band was serving throughout whistle, ESPECIALLY THE LAST CHORUSS>>>



whew! the vocals! the power!



the serve that this was! also a higher view because i loved this set hehe.





and finally one of my most favorite performances that ive come across this week because they look so happy!



AWARD SHOWS AND END OF THE YEAR PERFORMANCES
Blackpink has always been known for their amazing end of the year performances, whether it is at an award show or a music festival they're always serving when it comes to performing. these performances are some of the most viewed performances on youtube and are loved by all fans and nonfans alike (whether or not they like to admit it lol).

an example:
okay, so this performance is iconic, it was the best performance at gayodaejun 2018, fight me on that. Not only was this a great transistion between solo and the group performance, but their vocals, overall presence and visuals were off the hook. also that dance break?? this performance has over 130 million views for a good reason, it still hits today and it feels like Blackpink is giving a big fuck you to the people who hated them even if it wasn't them saying it directly.



rookie blackpink was only a few months into the game and they were already outperforming everyone LMAOO.



another rookie Blackpink performance because why not? one of the best performances by a rookie group, the set design>>> the outfits>>> the power>>>



i just love this performance, the girls look so happy and I love the stage itself. gaon has always treated the girls great. also im putting jennies solo performance as well because BITCHHHHH she really put a middle finger up to the people who had been hating on her all 2018. yup shes the main bitch!



YUPPP, one of their best end of the year performances and one of the most iconic.





COACHELLA
now I know some of you might be wondering, why hasn't user amourpinks said anything about coachella? even though it's their best performance? why hasn't she put any Coachella clips in yet? well to answer that question, Coachella is such an amazing performance that it deserves its own category. it completely encaptures everything that ive mentioned in this thread so far and is probably one of the best if not the best kpop performance this year. and ill fight anyone on that. not only does their Coachella performance have live vocals, but their dancing was so on point, their charisma was amazing and they were simply off the hook. they were praised by Coachella attendees who even said that they were the best of the night. they performed in front of humongous crowds where the majority of them were locals. and the locals loved every second of it, and so did the pinks. so without further ado, let me bring some of my favorite examples to close out this very long but needed thread.

whew!!!! yes, their kill this love performance was amazing, the energy and power that these girls have, whewwwwwww!!! and especially the live vocals!!!



same thing with their d4 performance, they were not missing a single beat! I'm also putting a Mr removed just so yall can hear how good these vocals were.





their forever young performance, of course, was amazing, energy, dancing, vocals were all there blackpink truly is the revolution.



SO THIS SONG IS CALLED IF ITS YOUR LAST, SO I WANT EVERYONE TO DANCE LIKE ITS THEIR LAST!!!!!! of course I had to put this in here, DO YALL HEAR THOSE VOCALS?? also the interaction with the crowd!!



and I have to put this whistle performance in, the girls were lively, they were adlibbing, the live band!! ALSO DO YALL HEAR THOSE FAN CHANTS??



and of course, boombayah, THE FANCHANNTSS, THE VOCALS, THE CHARISMA IVE SAID IT A MILLION TIMES BUT YESSSS!!!



if i could spam every single performance here then, believe me, I would but that would make this thread way longer then it already is and I want to talk about something else in Coachella. the fan engagement. I mean the crows were full of locals and they made them get hyped is crazy considering that the majority of them were locals.









so this concludes my very long but needed thread about blackpinks live performances. They deserve it, literally, blackpink are amazing performers and I feel like they're never appreciated because of all the wrong stereotypes kpop fans have been placing on them since their debut. also, if you have seen blackpink live please tell me about your experience :))
thank you for reading this thread if your still to this point :nekolove:
 
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
45,133
Reactions Received
52,996
Location
Rosé's World
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
173,650
Fandom
GoldenStar
Gender
Male
Around the time they held a concert in my country in february 2019, or before or after; I wasn't a fan at all, I may hv made fun of them for only having 9 songs ard then.
But after KTL n DKWTD, I've done a complete turnaround-their songs, performances, showmanship, charisma n everything abt them-I love it all n can't wait for their next comeback.
Do I regret not going to their concert in February 2019? I think I wouldn't hv appreciated them then cos I only started loving them during KTL n DKWTD, even if I'd gone I don't know wat my reaction would be, unreceptive or not, who knows. No regrets, just wait for their next tour to come here.
 
  • Like
Reactions: amourpinks and yeji

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
BP really is better than people tend to give them credit for
 
  • Like
Reactions: amourpinks

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread