COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Anime Watch Club- 91 Days ep 1-3 (1 Viewer)

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Hey, sorry im late and its first thread! :nekosweat::nekosweat: Anyway, new watchers (like me) and rewatchers feel free to give ur thoughts of anything in ep 1-3. Have you enjoyed the anime so far?

Tbh i have been liking it a lot. I really like stories of this era and the style really reminds me of Baccano that i love. I will write longer reply when i get back home :)

Next thread will be up 1.7 with discussion of episodes 4-6, so try to watch the eps before thread is up (1.7 9PM EEST)
(and now i realized i wasn't even late with this thread, i posted it just before 8PM EEST, fail!)

Last edited:

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Reactions Received
KS Coins
As a rewatcher, I have to say that the first 3 episodes really set the tone for the entire series. As said in OP the style is historically accurate and the animation is really good. I don't want to say more because I'm afraid I'll end up spoiling the whole thing.

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
As a rewatcher, I have to say that the first 3 episodes really set the tone for the entire series. As said in OP the style is historically accurate and the animation is really good. I don't want to say more because I'm afraid I'll end up spoiling the whole thing.
I have seen some mafia stories of the era, but not rly focusing on prohibition itself so thats interesting touch. Though now that the plot seems to have moved from illegal alcohol salesmen to revenge on mafia family, im not sure if itll be touched again.

Myco

Ace of Hearts
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Choice
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
I'm a re-watcher, but it's been pretty long since I first saw it, I think back when it was released or a few months after.

What i noticed or rather, what I missed was how well established the ambiance and environment are. It's just really nice to look at as well.
They establish in the first episode how ruthless the Mafia seems to be, even burning down the house.
I feel really sad for Angelo that he didn't even got to say goodbye to his family.

The battles/shootouts have been pretty good so far. I remember those were some of my favorite scenes first time around.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I have seen some mafia stories of the era, but not rly focusing on prohibition itself so thats interesting touch. Though now that the plot seems to have moved from illegal alcohol salesmen to revenge on mafia family, im not sure if itll be touched again.
Both topics are mixed along the series but the main focus is revenge, so we will see how the mafia worked in the prohibition era but not in detail.

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
I actually took some notes so writing based on those xd

Tbh, I rly like Angelo's design. He's pretty sexy, even with his crazy smiles! Not that we see those often, as he is master of poker face, able to stay calm in front of person who murdered his family- and even being able to stay calm while having gun barrel next to his face. Though this also makes me kinda think that he has death wish, that he doesn't rly care what happens with him as long as he gets his revenge- that this is the purpose he is living for.

The child hiding in drawer while their parents get murdered is pretty common trope. In general just child witnessing their parents murder, I guess Batman is most known example of that and how it drives persons revenge. Taking that accord and the revenge story in overall, so far I don't think the story is completely unique and it's somewhat predictable. But it's enjoyable ride.

To that predictableness- there was actually two things that did suprise me. It was Clemente dying so soon, he seemed pretty important character and one we would see around lot longer. But nope, Angelo is efficient! When he sees a chance he will take it. Another is Nero's family turning on him.. or rather being ready to abandon him so quickly and over sth like this. How much power this other family rly has??

I think we have seen some scenes that humanize Nero, and I guess rest of the Vanetti family as well. And not only to viewers, but to Angelo as well. Different thing is how he is taking that though, so far his poker face has been flawless. But seeing Nero grieve over loss of friend, well even plp who murdered ur family are still plp. Seeing how Nero and Angelo are going to hang around now, I wonder if Angelo will befriend Nero and start to have conflicting feelings towards killing him- or will everything be an act to forward the perfect revenge. Maybe even killling Clemente was calculated, to make Nero feel the loss of a person close to him.

So things I'm looking forward in the next eps:
- Who sent Angelo the list of people who killed his dad? Are they truly allies of his? What is their agenda? Doesnt' seem like Orca family did it, they are too dumb.
- How is Angelo's and Nero's relationship going to evolve, will there be conflict or not.

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Both topics are mixed along the series but the main focus is revenge, so we will see how the mafia worked in the prohibition era but not in detail.
I thought so, the prohibition just gives more of setting for the story.

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
I'm a re-watcher, but it's been pretty long since I first saw it, I think back when it was released or a few months after.

What i noticed or rather, what I missed was how well established the ambiance and environment are. It's just really nice to look at as well.
They establish in the first episode how ruthless the Mafia seems to be, even burning down the house.
I feel really sad for Angelo that he didn't even got to say goodbye to his family.

The battles/shootouts have been pretty good so far. I remember those were some of my favorite scenes first time around.
Battles have been pretty intense so far!

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
I am not the biggest fan of anime that is set in a western/non Asian world (one of the biggest reasons why I am not into jojo series)

as a new watcher I am very.. hm not to say disappointed, but I guess... not confused either, I just guess I’m not as hype/interigued ? Like the characters seem bland to me. The only character I Like is coretto (Angelo’s friend)

Also it’s confusing trying to see who’s who/what family.
I feel like we’ve been introduced so many characters without any info.

However the third episode did seem to increase the plot abit as avillo/Angelo is really determined to be friends with Nero so he can kill him, and will do anything.
I don't think we know lot of the characters, even Angelo seems quite hard to grasp as he is acting most of the time. But i'm sure we will get into deeper these characters.

I think we have mostly members of Vanetti's family. From the Orca family there is jus the crazy guy with bob cut and the old dude who is head of the family- the other have seem like unimportant side characters so far. Then from the third family which has most infuence we have only seen Ronaldo.

daesuki

이 비가 그칠 땐 각자 있던 곳에서
Reactions Received
Website
daesukiii.tumblr.com
KS Coins
Fandom
YOLO
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
I'll watch it in a bit, maybe tomorrow if i still don't get my work done lol

NASA

3ᑢ273⁷
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Ship
Tbh, I rly like Angelo's design. He's pretty sexy, even with his crazy smiles!
Too sexy, keep forgetting he tryna get revenge cuz i'm busy eyeing him up smh

Hmm I know that we're supposed to be rooting for Angelo and Vanetti family is big bad in his eyes but honestly I feel like at the end of this they'll both be on the same page when it comes to morally wrong. On one hand we've seen the Vanetti family and Nero in particular being humanized, and we've also seen Angelo basically just being a bit of a dick to Corteo dragging him into dangerous situations that he clearly doesn't want in on but he doesn't have the will to say no to Angelo either. I'm honestly hoping that Angelo still kills Nero anyways though, since we've seen Nero being humanised now and Angelo's a bit of a dick I feel like I want his character to really commit to it now and be the asshole he was born to be when his family got killed. I'm also curious as to why exactly his father got killed? I might've missed it honestly cuz in the first episode I just kept recognising voices and had to go check each time lol but yeah his father could've done something that put his family directly at risk and it wasn't just an innocent family being murdered like it probably seemed to be to kiddy Angelo.

Also Fango is voiced by the same guy that voiced Overhaul in MHA and since I realised that I can't stop thinking about Overhaul being tied up begging to be hit harder and harder and it's really weirding me out, it's gonna take a lot of concentration to seperate the characters in my head, either that or i'm gonna have to switch to dub lol

lexus

Pinkchella
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
Crap I haven't had time to rewatch it yet :jisoosmh::jisoosmh::jisoosmh:

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
I wonder how fango (the Bob cut guy) will play in the role? He seems like a wild card, super crazy. I feel like he’s the type to betray his own family
He is pretty looney, idk I'm pretty suprised he's alive and Clemente died. Fango just feels rly one dimensional villain, when he showed up in bar the first time I had no idea he would be sticking around.

Too sexy, keep forgetting he tryna get revenge cuz i'm busy eyeing him up smh

Hmm I know that we're supposed to be rooting for Angelo and Vanetti family is big bad in his eyes but honestly I feel like at the end of this they'll both be on the same page when it comes to morally wrong. On one hand we've seen the Vanetti family and Nero in particular being humanized, and we've also seen Angelo basically just being a bit of a dick to Corteo dragging him into dangerous situations that he clearly doesn't want in on but he doesn't have the will to say no to Angelo either. I'm honestly hoping that Angelo still kills Nero anyways though, since we've seen Nero being humanised now and Angelo's a bit of a dick I feel like I want his character to really commit to it now and be the asshole he was born to be when his family got killed. I'm also curious as to why exactly his father got killed? I might've missed it honestly cuz in the first episode I just kept recognising voices and had to go check each time lol but yeah his father could've done something that put his family directly at risk and it wasn't just an innocent family being murdered like it probably seemed to be to kiddy Angelo.

Also Fango is voiced by the same guy that voiced Overhaul in MHA and since I realised that I can't stop thinking about Overhaul being tied up begging to be hit harder and harder and it's really weirding me out, it's gonna take a lot of concentration to seperate the characters in my head, either that or i'm gonna have to switch to dub lol
I don't think they are in same page exactly, but i think there is more to story. Cause although Angelo's dad might have been mixed up with shady stuff, they did kill whole family, even the kids. Angelo hasn't rly gone that far with his revenge, at least yet, so far he just seems into crossing the names who were directly involved. But yea he's quite one-track-minded, doesn't rly concern and maybe not even care of danger to others.

Lol, can you imagine Overhaul getting that kinky :haylul:
He wouldn't lol, it would be way too dirty for him!

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Next thread will go up 1.7 with discussion of episodes 4-6, so try to watch the eps before thread is up (1.7 9PM EEST). And now I realized I wasn't even late for this thread, while being out I misremembered that I was supposed to post it 6PM EEST, but it's 9PM EEST!

As many hadn't seen the eps yet for this thread, I hope it's little better for next one. However you can also come to discuss the earlier eps to this thread- or discuss whole story so far in the 4-6 eps thread :)

Anime taglist;
@Koala @Nightshade @Cosmo @Reo @emanresu @Ashla_K @Mangoey @Tpse @Darth_Ozy @Blacklily96 @4Ren @Soogi @lexus @Kazumi @notthatmarko @baekk @colorfulteardrop @Darkyoda47 @NogaNono @SaviorTXT @Soleski @TwentyOneJunhui @Skinnny @ddeonghwaaa @yoda_tato @Jakey_Yoda @Vipmulti @JoanaIsHere @Jihyooo @inverity @yoda_erae @Darth_Felflame @YouNiceKeepGoin @Petra_the_Poetic @Alexa @YIBO @kodoku (also please tell if you want in or out of the anime tag list.. or if you have changed your name)
+ @Darth_17 , @darthraine - don't think ur in the list

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread