Our second discussion thread! We are now half way in, 6 eps behind 6 eps in ahead. I hopefully everyone has had time to catch up?
Has the anime developed in the way you predicted or has it taken surprising turns? How have you been liking it so far?
Next thread goes up 4th July, same time as this one, 9PM EEST. Though, we will see if lot of plp are behind the schedule- if so I'm thinking that maybe we could only do 1 ep (7) for the 4th July. But let's see how this goes, if plp had time to catch up then we will do another 3 (7-9).
I wrote quite lot of notes while watching, so I will be sharing them this time (these are more of reactions):
EP 4:
There seems to be more in the family dynamics of Vanetti family, reason why the brothers don’t connect anymore.
Tbh, Nero’s and Angelo’s dynamic would be rly fun if only I didn’t remember how Nero literally killed his family and tried to kill him too. I feel like this could be fun buddy cop- or buddy ganster- movie. But the revenge aspect rly brings the mood down doesn’t it?
I feel bad at Angelo. Kids did bring up some bittersweet memories for him. I did love to see him smile at the end though.
Lagusa. I had to google this quickly, but yep that’s Angelo’s real surname. Nero’s first ”job” literally was to participate in the murder of Angelo’s family. And they are just going to talk about it heart-to-heart in front of bonfire. The situation is pretty absurd, but seems like Angelo will get some extra info. Though Nero only being 14.. i thought he was lot older. Idk i kinda fault him lot less now and I doubt he was the one doing the shooting- other than trying to shoot Angelo.
Yep i thought the letter just mentioned 4. Who was left out and why? Was the person who sent the letter actually the fourth guy? And I guess this means that Angelo can’t kill Nero just yet, not before he gets the name of the fourth guy. Neatly explains why he doesn’t kill him at first chance.
I wonder if Angelo survived by pickpocketing after being orphaned.
Omg was the hitchhiker the assassin from Orca or is this guy just mad cause they screwed up his poncho.
That could been rly bad, but i guess Nero knows how to play dirty when he has to. And lmao, Angelo accidentantly screwing this guy up is hilarious. Too bad they are now carless.
That jump from the window, this guy is extra af.
I wonder why the farmer was ok with killing random stranger in a poncho, but not the other two strangers who were fighting the guy. I guess I shouldn’t question it. I’m just glad that the dog is fine!
EP5:
I’m surprised they are going back so fast. I thought they would be on run lot longer.
Hmm, I wonder how much Angelo can trust his old friend. Like he doesn’t rly benefit for Angelo killing family heads, rather he seems to be doing good with the his current job for the Vanetti’s.
I guess we got our answer there, Angelo is still full on the revenge.
Damn, I thought Nero could trust Frate. Getting betrayed by his own brother, pretty brutal.
Who does Galassia want Nero dead that bad? Or rather do they, so far we have only heard and seen from this Ronaldo guy.
Yep, like i said before he has a death wish.
Relying on the crazy? What could go wrong.
We can trust Avilio. I mean if Avilio truly existed sure he would seem trustworthy. Too bad for Nero he doesn’t.
EP6:
… is it really wise to tell Orca who he really is? I thought Angelo had plan that relied on Nero, it seems rly risky for him to jeopardize that cover.
Umm. so this is the plan. I though Angelo abandoned whole plan by revealing who he is to Orca, but maybe it was just testing the waters.
Or? I can’t keep up with Angelo at all wtf is going on.
Somehow I can’t believe Nero died just yet he seemed way too important to die like that. So, I think somehow Angelo and him faked his death, with some ketchup and fake shots.
Lmao, like i said keeping up with Angelo and his poker face is hard. The anime doesn’t rly reveal his thoughts and he keeps his poker face on even for the viewers.
”I really put my heart into it”
… why i get the feeling that the lasagna is literally ”Orco’s lasagne”. Fango would be crazy enough..
Yep. I guess i have faced enough anime to predict crazy. I kinda wonder if it was wiser to ally themselves with Fango instead of Orca- but maybe Orca wouldn’t been as into the alliance when Fango is crazy enough to against Vanetti and Galassia.
Conclusion so far, I'm rly enjoying the series. I'm mixed on revenge plot, not because it's badly done or cause i hate it, but I kinda like the idea of bro gansters- now I can't rly see happy ending for this. I do want Angelo to get "justice", but I also like Nero and his gang.
And tbh Angelo is intelligent af, he's rly playing them all.
Also I thought Fango would be alrgiht at some part, that his craziness might be even fun in small doses, but nah it's too much for me xd
I wrote quite lot of notes while watching, so I will be sharing them this time (these are more of reactions):
EP 4:
There seems to be more in the family dynamics of Vanetti family, reason why the brothers don’t connect anymore.
Tbh, Nero’s and Angelo’s dynamic would be rly fun if only I didn’t remember how Nero literally killed his family and tried to kill him too. I feel like this could be fun buddy cop- or buddy ganster- movie. But the revenge aspect rly brings the mood down doesn’t it?
I feel bad at Angelo. Kids did bring up some bittersweet memories for him. I did love to see him smile at the end though.
Lagusa. I had to google this quickly, but yep that’s Angelo’s real surname. Nero’s first ”job” literally was to participate in the murder of Angelo’s family. And they are just going to talk about it heart-to-heart in front of bonfire. The situation is pretty absurd, but seems like Angelo will get some extra info. Though Nero only being 14.. i thought he was lot older. Idk i kinda fault him lot less now and I doubt he was the one doing the shooting- other than trying to shoot Angelo.
Yep i thought the letter just mentioned 4. Who was left out and why? Was the person who sent the letter actually the fourth guy? And I guess this means that Angelo can’t kill Nero just yet, not before he gets the name of the fourth guy. Neatly explains why he doesn’t kill him at first chance.
I wonder if Angelo survived by pickpocketing after being orphaned.
Omg was the hitchhiker the assassin from Orca or is this guy just mad cause they screwed up his poncho.
That could been rly bad, but i guess Nero knows how to play dirty when he has to. And lmao, Angelo accidentantly screwing this guy up is hilarious. Too bad they are now carless.
That jump from the window, this guy is extra af.
I wonder why the farmer was ok with killing random stranger in a poncho, but not the other two strangers who were fighting the guy. I guess I shouldn’t question it. I’m just glad that the dog is fine!
EP5:
I’m surprised they are going back so fast. I thought they would be on run lot longer.
Hmm, I wonder how much Angelo can trust his old friend. Like he doesn’t rly benefit for Angelo killing family heads, rather he seems to be doing good with the his current job for the Vanetti’s.
I guess we got our answer there, Angelo is still full on the revenge.
Damn, I thought Nero could trust Frate. Getting betrayed by his own brother, pretty brutal.
Who does Galassia want Nero dead that bad? Or rather do they, so far we have only heard and seen from this Ronaldo guy.
Yep, like i said before he has a death wish.
Relying on the crazy? What could go wrong.
We can trust Avilio. I mean if Avilio truly existed sure he would seem trustworthy. Too bad for Nero he doesn’t.
EP6:
… is it really wise to tell Orca who he really is? I thought Angelo had plan that relied on Nero, it seems rly risky for him to jeopardize that cover.
Umm. so this is the plan. I though Angelo abandoned whole plan by revealing who he is to Orca, but maybe it was just testing the waters.
Or? I can’t keep up with Angelo at all wtf is going on.
Somehow I can’t believe Nero died just yet he seemed way too important to die like that. So, I think somehow Angelo and him faked his death, with some ketchup and fake shots.
Lmao, like i said keeping up with Angelo and his poker face is hard. The anime doesn’t rly reveal his thoughts and he keeps his poker face on even for the viewers.
”I really put my heart into it”
… why i get the feeling that the lasagna is literally ”Orco’s lasagne”. Fango would be crazy enough..
Yep. I guess i have faced enough anime to predict crazy. I kinda wonder if it was wiser to ally themselves with Fango instead of Orca- but maybe Orca wouldn’t been as into the alliance when Fango is crazy enough to against Vanetti and Galassia.
Conclusion so far, I'm rly enjoying the series. I'm mixed on revenge plot, not because it's badly done or cause i hate it, but I kinda like the idea of bro gansters- now I can't rly see happy ending for this. I do want Angelo to get "justice", but I also like Nero and his gang.
And tbh Angelo is intelligent af, he's rly playing them all.
Also I thought Fango would be alrgiht at some part, that his craziness might be even fun in small doses, but nah it's too much for me xd
The bond between Angelo and Nero is real, we will see how that is reflected towards the end of the series. Something people should keep in mind while watching is that Angelo never loses track of on his revenge plot, everything he does, even the things that may not seem coherent are actually part of his plans. I'm telling you, If I keep talking about this I'll spoil everything but if you have seen The Godfather (esp. I or II), you will find similarities on certain points of the plot, mainly the relationship between the mafia families and how they manage their business.
Talking about the guy in the poncho, as soon as I saw him, I knew he was weird and he revealed as the assassin wasn't even that surprising for me like what kind of huge and grim looking man like him wears a poncho? lol! and Fango... he's nuts but funny to watch.
The bond between Angelo and Nero is real, we will see how that is reflected towards the end of the series. Something people should keep in mind while watching is that Angelo never loses track of on his revenge plot, everything he does, even the things that may not seem coherent are actually part of his plans. I'm telling you, If I keep talking about this I'll spoil everything but if you have seen The Godfather (esp. I or II), you will find similarities on certain points of the plot, mainly the relationship between the mafia families and how they manage their business.
Talking about the guy in the poncho, as soon as I saw him, I knew he was weird and he revealed as the assassin wasn't even that surprising for me like what kind of huge and grim looking man like him wears a poncho? lol! and Fango... he's nuts but funny to watch.
Hmm that's interesting as I don't think we rly see at least yet how Angelo feels about their bond. He is rly fooling the viewers too with his plans, I genuinely thought he was thinking of betraying Nero and thinking he gets his revenge better allying himself with Orca. In other hand I didn't believe they would kill Nero off so easily and I was right :d
Hmm that's interesting as I don't think we rly see at least yet how Angelo feels about their bond. He is rly fooling the viewers too with his plans, I genuinely thought he was thinking of betraying Nero and thinking he gets his revenge better allying himself with Orca. In other hand I didn't believe they would kill Nero off so easily and I was right :d
Yes, Angelo is very manipulative and smart. I thought he would betray Nero at that moment as well but he needs the relationship with Nero in order to get to his father, as he explains later on. I think the best part of the series for me, aside from the characters, is the way it subverts your expectations. I know most people hate that nowadays (cough-GoT- cough) but in 91 days is very well done.
I finally had the chance to catch up and my initial thoughts are: I'm not loving it yet but it's not bad. I ended up skipping through a lot of it. My mind is also trying to wrap around the whole fact that they're Italian (living in Italy most probably) but all talking in Japanese lol. Is this something normal in anime? They speak Japanese no matter which country they're supposedly from?
Starting from episode 2 it did get better... well it got better in the last 1 minute of the show tbh. Still a bit on the slow side for me but better. Episode 3 was a big improvement. It started off good and continued on the same road. I did skip through it still because it was slow but it was better than the first 2 episodes. It also ended on a more interesting note.
On to episodes 4 to 6:
Episode 4 - I felt the story finally picked off in this episode. It also wasn't as slow as the first three episodes which is good.
I strangely like Nero's character. He's kinda cute. I think the fact that they haven't really shown any evil intentions from him makes it hard to dislike him. And I definitely agree, if Nero hadn't taken part in his family's murder, I would have loved to see a stronger bond between them. Their current relationship already is pretty fun so it could have been better if not for the fact that Angelo is trying to kill Nero.
I felt like them talking about his family's murder was his smart way of getting info out of Nero. Now we know that there were 4 people involved although we have no idea who the 4th person is (I'm guessing it's the person who sent him the letter). We also don't know how the person who sent him the letter knows he's alive and knows he's part of the Lagusa family.
My major "WTH" moment in this episode was: How in the world did an experienced mafia miss ALL of the bullets when shooting at that big guy? He had his back turned to him and was basically still as well the first shot. And he was walking towards him in a straight line on all the other shots. So HOW did he miss all those bullets? lol
Episode 5
His little brother is annoying. I don't really have anything to say about this episode. I liked it. I like where it's going. I kind of don't want Angelo to kill Nero in the end but I feel like everything he's doing is an act and Nero will 100% die in the end.
Episode 6
So I expected that it would all be some ploy and Nero wouldn't actually die. They made it pretty obvious at the start when they kept trying to get Orco to drink. It was obvious it was poisoned so I wasn't shocked at all that it ended up all being fake. I was surprised that the story he used was his true story though. Won't that make the others want to look into him? Or are they really just going to brush it off since he said he made it up? That aside, Fango is so disturbing... That lasagna scene made me sick. I'm probably going to be put off for a while.
I think the main question from this scene is the letter and the 4 assailants again. I said before that I think the person who sent him the letter is the 4th person and I thought that maybe he felt guilty just like Angelo's friend also said. But then again, they're all from the mafia and they kill all the time. My main assumption at the moment is that whoever sent the letter wants to take over the mafia and is just using Angelo to get rid of all the people in his way for him.
I finally had the chance to catch up and my initial thoughts are: I'm not loving it yet but it's not bad. I ended up skipping through a lot of it. My mind is also trying to wrap around the whole fact that they're Italian (living in Italy most probably) but all talking in Japanese lol. Is this something normal in anime? They speak Japanese no matter which country they're supposedly from?
Starting from episode 2 it did get better... well it got better in the last 1 minute of the show tbh. Still a bit on the slow side for me but better. Episode 3 was a big improvement. It started off good and continued on the same road. I did skip through it still because it was slow but it was better than the first 2 episodes. It also ended on a more interesting note.
On to episodes 4 to 6:
Episode 4 - I felt the story finally picked off in this episode. It also wasn't as slow as the first three episodes which is good.
I strangely like Nero's character. He's kinda cute. I think the fact that they haven't really shown any evil intentions from him makes it hard to dislike him. And I definitely agree, if Nero hadn't taken part in his family's murder, I would have loved to see a stronger bond between them. Their current relationship already is pretty fun so it could have been better if not for the fact that Angelo is trying to kill Nero.
I felt like them talking about his family's murder was his smart way of getting info out of Nero. Now we know that there were 4 people involved although we have no idea who the 4th person is (I'm guessing it's the person who sent him the letter). We also don't know how the person who sent him the letter knows he's alive and knows he's part of the Lagusa family.
My major "WTH" moment in this episode was: How in the world did an experienced mafia miss ALL of the bullets when shooting at that big guy? He had his back turned to him and was basically still as well the first shot. And he was walking towards him in a straight line on all the other shots. So HOW did he miss all those bullets? lol
Episode 5
His little brother is annoying. I don't really have anything to say about this episode. I liked it. I like where it's going. I kind of don't want Angelo to kill Nero in the end but I feel like everything he's doing is an act and Nero will 100% die in the end.
Episode 6
So I expected that it would all be some ploy and Nero wouldn't actually die. They made it pretty obvious at the start when they kept trying to get Orco to drink. It was obvious it was poisoned so I wasn't shocked at all that it ended up all being fake. I was surprised that the story he used was his true story though. Won't that make the others want to look into him? Or are they really just going to brush it off since he said he made it up? That aside, Fango is so disturbing... That lasagna scene made me sick. I'm probably going to be put off for a while.
I think the main question from this scene is the letter and the 4 assailants again. I said before that I think the person who sent him the letter is the 4th person and I thought that maybe he felt guilty just like Angelo's friend also said. But then again, they're all from the mafia and they kill all the time. My main assumption at the moment is that whoever sent the letter wants to take over the mafia and is just using Angelo to get rid of all the people in his way for him.
I think they are american-italians though I might be wrong. It's just set on prohibition era, I'm not sure if Italy has even has prohibition before. I think the characters are italian immigrants on USA if that makes sense.
Yes, plp speak japanese in anime no matter where it's set. Unless it's very small part of the anime, like non-japanese characters talking couple lines in their first language. But for larger roles it's always in japanese cause if they didn't then japanese viewers wouldn't watch it. There is usually English dubs for most of the anime though, and some have dubs in other languages too. Still if you think about it, in many american tv shows even if the tv show is not based in english-speaking area they will still speak english.
I also like Nero. I almost feel bad for him, he didn't rly have malice towards Angelo and his family. He was young and he was made to participate, it's likely he didn't even kill any of family members. Though Nero does have blood in his hands nevertheless, but so does Angelo. Neither is innocent or maybe even good person.
I'm thinking that the 4th guy isn't ally and is someone who wants Nero to shake things up. It might be someone from Galassia, someone who we don't know yet. Or maybe it's Nero's brother, looking to take over whole family lol. But it has to be someone who is pretty intelligent (can't be Fango lol) and gains from chaos.
Hey, so we are only doing episode 7 tomorrow (4th July, 9PM EEST), hopefully people have time to catch up this way. Even if you haven't started yet, if you want to still participate and have time you will be able to binge it :)
If you want you can also watch recap episode 7.5 on crunchyroll, but those don't usually have extra content.
Okay I kinda like Fango lol, I feel like he's the most entertaining character on his own. Nero and Angelo are entertaining characters too but moreso because of the relationship dynamic, on their own they're not half as fun to watch as Fango lmao (tho ofc Angelo is still the most fun to look at aye aye )
Also when Angelo told Orco who he was and then shooting Nero, what a plot twist. But then that was just their plan and they all thought he lied about getting revenge even tho he technically told the truth, even bigger plot twist, mind = blown!
Also I could totally tell what was actually in that lasagne the moment it was brought out, Fango you crazy bastard LOL
Okay I kinda like Fango lol, I feel like he's the most entertaining character on his own. Nero and Angelo are entertaining characters too but moreso because of the relationship dynamic, on their own they're not half as fun to watch as Fango lmao (tho ofc Angelo is still the most fun to look at aye aye )
Also when Angelo told Orco who he was and then shooting Nero, what a plot twist. But then that was just their plan and they all thought he lied about getting revenge even tho he technically told the truth, even bigger plot twist, mind = blown!
Also I could totally tell what was actually in that lasagne the moment it was brought out, Fango you crazy bastard LOL
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Read more about our cookie policy.