Any advice ? (1 Viewer)

Joined
19 October 2018
Messages
1,452
Reactions Received
6,534
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I made a thread about this before, but my brother has depression that he only opened to me & my other brother about. I never said anything else about it to him because I thought it’d be awkward. Lately he’s making jokes about this shirt that has words ‘everything hurts and I’m dying.’

My parents are also borderline ‘forcing’ him to get into engineering and that’s one of the causes of his depression. I really don’t want to confront him about it but it’s been on my mind for the last couple of days. I’m really worried about him but I can’t do anything about it.
 

gongchan

Izz/Phoenix
.
.
Joined
29 August 2018
Messages
3,762
Reactions Received
13,488
Website
theghostofwind.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Bana
Gender
Male
Pronouns
he/him
Ship
Wreck
Its hard to say exactly what to do considering I don't know the full situation, but please try and let him know that you are always there for him. Try exceptionally hard to show him you care for him and are keeping his best wishes in mind.
 

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,389
Reactions Received
151,401
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
This is a hard situation especially not knowing the whole story. I think it might be worth sitting down and having a chat with him about it, even if you think it might be awkward. If you're really worried it might also be worth suggesting that maybe he goes to a professional about it, but dont force it if he doesnt feel comfortable.
Good luck, I hope everything turns out okay for both of you.
 
Joined
20 November 2018
Messages
65,862
Reactions Received
77,040
Location
Heaven
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
53,448
It's very hard to help someone who is aimless. Judging from what you are telling us; he does know that he doesn't want to go for engineering. So he needs to know what does he want. That's his aim. Then encourage him to go for it. That may create new tensions; but it's a change. You both may then deal with the new situation later.
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
best you can do is letting him know you are there for him and to show you understand him.
 
  • Love
Reactions: JoanaIsHere

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread