COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Any Black Clover fans in the forum? (1 Viewer)

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
I didn't expect to like it anywhere as much as I ended up doing tbh :jisoosmh:

Going into it, I had heard very mixed opinions. How there's a lot of shouting/yelling from the MC, making the episodes unwatchable. I decided to still give it a try because I'm a sucker for some good ol' shonen.

The complaints are kinda valid- the first handful of episodes, the pacing is kinda slow and the MC shouts everytime. Many side characters are reduced to just caricatures/tropes and they repeat the same line over and over. But a few episodes in, it started to get better. The shouting reduced dramatically, the characters slowly started receiving more spotlight, the story while still riddled with shonen tropes did it in a way that it didn't become overbearing.

Cool powers, cool battles, great music, and I found myself enjoying Black Clover :wimwim:

A lot of the complaints still remain- animation can be hit or miss, but they do save the budget for the BIG fights. It's not original by any means, but shonen tropes exist for a reason- they work. And while the side characters can still be just used for a joke punchline, they do end up coming thru in clutch.

What BC does really well? Comedy, team chemistry, combo battles, female lead character development, having a rival who isn't an asshole and most of all, bringing the hype. Like I can objectively recognize My Hero Academia, Demon Slayer, Attack on Titan as much better animes overall, but none of them hyped me as much to see the MC kick the villain's ass as Black Clover.

1 season down, 2 more to go :pepeheart:

Oh also, all the OPs and EDs are amazing, I'm particularly partial to this 4th OP by Kumi Koda.

@Anime

daesuki

이 비가 그칠 땐 각자 있던 곳에서
Reactions Received
Website
daesukiii.tumblr.com
KS Coins
Fandom
YOLO
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
@Basurafire really likes it i think

I haven't watched it in a while, but I remember really liking it, I think noelle was my favorite

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
@Basurafire really likes it i think

I haven't watched it in a while, but I remember really liking it, I think noelle was my favorite
Yeah Noelle was just a tsundere for so long who stood on the sidelines but in the latest arc (Sea Bed Temple), she got some major development and power ups, I haven't seen shonen female leads usually get this treatment it's nice :sj_weary:

This new username tho lol rip Ozyraine :yolk:

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Mine is yami as well lmaooo, im in season 3 already :yolk:
How about Sekke :yolk:
Oof I'll catch up in a week at the rate I'm going lmao.

Yami vs Licht in S1 was so hype tho :sj_weary:

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Sekke lowkey scares me, AND YES IT WAS I WAS SCREAMING THE ENTIRE TIME
LMAO Sekke's laugh tho :haylul:
I also lowkey like Nozel Silva tho he's kinda an asshole lol but seems cool too.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I didn't expect to like it anywhere as much as I ended up doing tbh :jisoosmh:

Going into it, I had heard very mixed opinions. How there's a lot of shouting/yelling from the MC, making the episodes unwatchable. I decided to still give it a try because I'm a sucker for some good ol' shonen.

The complaints are kinda valid- the first handful of episodes, the pacing is kinda slow and the MC shouts everytime. Many side characters are reduced to just caricatures/tropes and they repeat the same line over and over. But a few episodes in, it started to get better. The shouting reduced dramatically, the characters slowly started receiving more spotlight, the story while still riddled with shonen tropes did it in a way that it didn't become overbearing.

Cool powers, cool battles, great music, and I found myself enjoying Black Clover :wimwim:

A lot of the complaints still remain- animation can be hit or miss, but they do save the budget for the BIG fights. It's not original by any means, but shonen tropes exist for a reason- they work. And while the side characters can still be just used for a joke punchline, they do end up coming thru in clutch.

What BC does really well? Comedy, team chemistry, combo battles, female lead character development, having a rival who isn't an asshole and most of all, bringing the hype. Like I can objectively recognize My Hero Academia, Demon Slayer, Attack on Titan as much better animes overall, but none of them hyped me as much to see the MC kick the villain's ass as Black Clover.

1 season down, 2 more to go :pepeheart:

Oh also, all the OPs and EDs are amazing, I'm particularly partial to this 4th OP by Kumi Koda.

@Anime
I LOVE IT my heart is between asta and yuno XD

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
I LOVE IT my heart is between asta and yuno XD
Ayy nice lol, usually I prefer the Yuno types or whoever the MC's rival is (Sasuke in Naruto, Bakugo/Todoroki in Academia), but surprisingly in BC I really like Asta much more lol.

daesuki

이 비가 그칠 땐 각자 있던 곳에서
Reactions Received
Website
daesukiii.tumblr.com
KS Coins
Fandom
YOLO
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Yeah Noelle was just a tsundere for so long who stood on the sidelines but in the latest arc (Sea Bed Temple), she got some major development and power ups, I haven't seen shonen female leads usually get this treatment it's nice :sj_weary:

This new username tho lol rip Ozyraine :yolk:
Noelle is greattttt I love her sm!!!!

LOL rip ozyraine :yolk: but stan ozydae

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ayy nice lol, usually I prefer the Yuno types or whoever the MC's rival is (Sasuke in Naruto, Bakugo/Todoroki in Academia), but surprisingly in BC I really like Asta much more lol.
it just that compare to me asta short af so the really only choices is flame boy who always competing with asta or yuno

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread