COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Any concepts you miss in the recent K-pop landscape? (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
So I got into K-pop fairly recently (2018) and listened to a lot of different groups since then. I also listened to many older songs and there's one era which I particularly love and this is the era of 2010-2015 girl groups. 2NE1 e. g. has this awesome eletronic, rap-heavy sound (+ beautiful ballads) and then there are groups like SECRET or SISTAR with a sexy, elegant concept. These are all concepts that are kind of missing in the recent K-pop landscape and I really wish that these will come back at one day.

Are there any concepts you also miss these days?

Myco

Ace of Hearts
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Choice
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
DONGKIZ used to release a bunch of cute/fun music which I hop they return to next time, since they branched out with a bit of a darker concept the past 2 comebacks

Yili

Stay • Czennie • Teume • Moodz • One-It • Villain
Reactions Received
Website
flyhighyili.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi <3
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I want some weird shxt like Block B used to pull, it was really fun to not know what to expect every comeback

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
I wouldn't say I miss anything persay, but I would like to see more fantasy or sci-fi concepts. Ones that really get the imagination going.

Emanresu

Tzuyu Fanboy
Reactions Received
Website
emanresukdrama.wordpress.com
KS Coins
Fandom
Once, Sone
In general I miss kpop before it got so sophisticated.

Maybe it's my nostalgia glasses.

But I liked when things were less "polished"

Even big names back in the day had less professional veneer and style that I find more charming.

I'm of the same mind as it comes to kdramas. My other love.

Now there's so much money and International attention. They have a polished international vibe anymore that I find less compelling than the kdramas of old that were unabashed about their being melodramatic soaps. They did not apologize for being low budget and unsophisticated.

It gave them a charm I miss.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread