Anyone here keeping up with the craziness going around in C-ent? (1 Viewer)

Joined
1 June 2019
Messages
4,641
Reactions Received
11,710
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
5
Fandom
EXO-L
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Particularly the ZZH case? I am only following on Twitter and that too barely because hi I have a short attention span but holy shit the things that I am reading?! Woah... Also the letter that his mother posted? Yep still tearing up about that one!
 
Joined
19 October 2020
Messages
19,165
Reactions Received
28,437
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,455
Fandom
multi BG
Gender
Female
details? is he really finished? all I know is that he is trending on MDL and he is one of the most beloved Chinese actors on there.
I still had some hope he might get back on track but tbh everyone knows that the government is not very forgiving and they are probably taking him as a "bad example"
 
Joined
1 June 2019
Messages
4,641
Reactions Received
11,710
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
5
Fandom
EXO-L
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
details? is he really finished? all I know is that he is trending on MDL and he is one of the most beloved Chinese actors on there.
I still had some hope he might get back on track but tbh everyone knows that the government is not very forgiving and they are probably taking him as a "bad example"
THAT'S THE THING
Turns out the "governing body" that banned him has nothing to do with the actual government and the govt never really banned him! There's this old man who's pretty influential in media and the political sphere that has started a whole campaign against the so called body and every day keeps exposing the corruption and the lies behind it all and how they targetted ZZH and also turns out Zzh's mother is a loyal party member so now that there's someone exposing the industry and the agency that banned him, people have started to come out and support ZZH and the old man and are now demanding receipts and answers from the people behind the scenes.
 
  • Like
Reactions: brekker
Joined
1 June 2019
Messages
4,641
Reactions Received
11,710
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
5
Fandom
EXO-L
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Tbh I am having a hard time understanding what's actually going on tbh but from what I can tell there's a lot of corruption and distortion of facts and someone who started the whole thing recently emigrated to Japan of all places with his entire family...
 
Joined
19 October 2020
Messages
19,165
Reactions Received
28,437
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,455
Fandom
multi BG
Gender
Female
THAT'S THE THING
Turns out the "governing body" that banned him has nothing to do with the actual government and the govt never really banned him! There's this old man who's pretty influential in media and the political sphere that has started a whole campaign against the so called body and every day keeps exposing the corruption and the lies behind it all and how they targetted ZZH and also turns out Zzh's mother is a loyal party member so now that there's someone exposing the industry and the agency that banned him, people have started to come out and support ZZH and the old man and are now demanding receipts and answers from the people behind the scenes.
is that some hope?

I mean there are basically two lines of the problem. one is semi-political influential (if his family is rich, his mother influential, maybe it is just plain jealousy and the basic "bringing down someone who has too much power in the eyes of people who don´t like seeing it") and the fact that he indeed did something bad and the public does see it as so. despite the whole photo being old and scandal just emerging in the worst times )aka China closing itself again), the whole fact that a lot of people dislike him for the reason of being irresponsible and uneducated might not do anything with whether someone wanted to see him fall from grace.

I am just unsure how quickly the Chinese public is there to forgive
 
  • Like
Reactions: PrideInBaek
Joined
1 June 2019
Messages
4,641
Reactions Received
11,710
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
5
Fandom
EXO-L
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
is that some hope?

I mean there are basically two lines of the problem. one is semi-political influential (if his family is rich, his mother influential, maybe it is just plain jealousy and the basic "bringing down someone who has too much power in the eyes of people who don´t like seeing it") and the fact that he indeed did something bad and the public does see it as so. despite the whole photo being old and scandal just emerging in the worst times )aka China closing itself again), the whole fact that a lot of people dislike him for the reason of being irresponsible and uneducated might not do anything with whether someone wanted to see him fall from grace.

I am just unsure how quickly the Chinese public is there to forgive
Actually, turns out he never did the thing that he was accused of doing. It was a melon account(?) that started it because of publicity and clout and it just snowballed. My guess? The person behind the account was paid to do it. No way you just randomly emigrate to Japan when people started questioning the governing body that published the list of banned celebs. Zzh and his legal team apparently filed for an appeal but all they got was a shoddy phone number that doesn't even connect. He laid low till now because of the horrifying cyberbullying and apparently funeral wreaths were being sent to his mother's tea shop. His own 4 year old nephew refused to look at him because "he was a bad man". Basically corruption, fake info and cyberbullying cost the man pretty much everything.
 
  • Like
Reactions: brekker
Joined
19 October 2020
Messages
19,165
Reactions Received
28,437
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,455
Fandom
multi BG
Gender
Female
Actually, turns out he never did the thing that he was accused of doing. It was a melon account(?) that started it because of publicity and clout and it just snowballed. My guess? The person behind the account was paid to do it. No way you just randomly emigrate to Japan when people started questioning the governing body that published the list of banned celebs. Zzh and his legal team apparently filed for an appeal but all they got was a shoddy phone number that doesn't even connect. He laid low till now because of the horrifying cyberbullying and apparently funeral wreaths were being sent to his mother's tea shop. His own 4 year old nephew refused to look at him because "he was a bad man". Basically corruption, fake info and cyberbullying cost the man pretty much everything.
I dunno about the rest but wasn´t it him who was in front of that shrine glorifying the Japanese invasion of Nanjing ? or did it turn out to be photoshopped?
 
Joined
1 June 2019
Messages
4,641
Reactions Received
11,710
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
5
Fandom
EXO-L
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Again I am not absolutely sure if the info are all exactly correct because like I said I am getting the info from fan translators and I also have a short attention span. Well whatever the truth it, there's a snowball effect waiting to happen and it's I feel like it's going to get real messy soon.
 
Joined
1 June 2019
Messages
4,641
Reactions Received
11,710
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
5
Fandom
EXO-L
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Also I probably should mention that I am not a fan of anyone involved but i do love a bit of a drama and am a sucker for a good twist so I am watching this in exactly that way. A whole drama. But ofc with a person's reputation hanging in the balance yes.

Yes I am a terrible human being for that and I acknowledge that thank you very much.
 
  • Haha
Reactions: brekker
Joined
19 October 2020
Messages
19,165
Reactions Received
28,437
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,455
Fandom
multi BG
Gender
Female
Also I probably should mention that I am not a fan of anyone involved but i do love a bit of a drama and am a sucker for a good twist so I am watching this in exactly that way. A whole drama. But ofc with a person's reputation hanging in the balance yes.

Yes I am a terrible human being for that and I acknowledge that thank you very much.
I don´t think you are a bad person at all. it is indeed interesting to see where it will take him as a person, as an actor and where it is taking the whole business. I am no political expert but generally speaking the bits and pieces we are getting are showing us how quickly the world is shifting. China these days is closing itself off politically (the party is terribly strict) and economically and socially. It is apparently getting harder even for English teachers in China who were coming there in floods teaching ambitious kids English for quite good money. These schools are closing down (the after school clubs or whatever they are called) and now the government is promoting that kids should have more free time and there should be more equality (and those after school clubs were paid). they are also trying to promote "having more kids" and the whole "we are good, kind communist party" yadada that they had been doing for ages but now have realised they allowed way too much freedom into everything and now tighting everything again with the whole "males should be masculine and if you touch your friend you are gay" or whatever.

I really hope he will get back on track though I doubt now, what he had done was wrong on many levels, it was ignorant and stupid but no one deserves to have his life threatened and his whole career thrown out of the window just because he was dumb and insensitive once. after all, people grow up and that stupid picture was taken years back. not everyone had an A+ in history. him being ignorant doesn´t mean he is a bad actor.
 
  • Like
Reactions: PrideInBaek

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread