Are Blackpink's choreos too fast? (1 Viewer)

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
So this has been bothering me with Blackpink's performance a while now. The speed of their choreos just seems often off with the music, even if they are singing something slower and more laidback they are just waving and stepping around like they are hyper from caffeine. It sometimes feel like you have accidentally put the video on 2x speed. :jisoosmh:

The worst offender is sadly my favorite song from them.



I have no idea what the choreographer was thinking, but the poor girls are looking like they are doing Weekly idols speed dance challenge.



It's not issue with faster songs like Kill This Love or D4, but it doesn't really fit to more laidback and moody songs. Such a shame too, it makes performances of some songs unwatchable for me and usually it's the songs I like a lot. And it's not like choreos are bad either, many memorable moves, but they are just too busy? :dubuthink:
 

Sourcekeeper

Tech Support
.
.
.
Joined
25 August 2018
Messages
6,830
Reactions Received
28,465
Location
YG Entertainment
Website
kpopsource.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
26,616
Fandom
MONSTIEZ
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She / Her / Hers
Now that you pointed that out, it kinda seems that way, but tbh if their choreos are not adequate or less intense, gp will complain of them being lazy. I feel like in the future their choreos will be easier to the point where its like big bang and 2ne1 where stage presence matters more.
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Now that you pointed that out, it kinda seems that way, but tbh if their choreos are not adequate or less intense, gp will complain of them being lazy. I feel like in the future their choreos will be easier to the point where its like big bang and 2ne1 where stage presence matters more.
Maybe they want to compensate sth, but it doesn't make sense for me to have intense and busy choreo no matter what the song is. It will just feel off if the song is less intense and maybe more emotional or moody. :dubuthink:

I hope they eventually easy up a bit.

I watched these videos and I got distracted. I ended up binge watching Blackpink when I'm not even a fan of them :nekosweat:
xd well, not bad way to spend ur day
 
  • Like
Reactions: Darkseid and potato
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
8,028
Reactions Received
19,590
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
Now that you pointed that out, it kinda seems that way, but tbh if their choreos are not adequate or less intense, gp will complain of them being lazy. I feel like in the future their choreos will be easier to the point where its like big bang and 2ne1 where stage presence matters more.
I sadly agree.
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Tbf BP choreos kinda seem slower to me compared to some other groups :jisoosmh:

As for whether they're faster than the songs they're intended for, maybe? I haven't really noticed it, but they do have some similar patterns/formations in their dances, and apart from Boombayah, their other songs are relatively slower so maybe. I'll have to rewatch and see lol.
 
  • Like
Reactions: blueberries

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Tbf BP choreos kinda seem slower to me compared to some other groups :jisoosmh:

As for whether they're faster than the songs they're intended for, maybe? I haven't really noticed it, but they do have some similar patterns/formations in their dances, and apart from Boombayah, their other songs are relatively slower so maybe. I'll have to rewatch and see lol.
I'm not sure exactly if they have faster or busy choreos to compared to groups and their similar type of songs. But yes I mean faster than the songs they are intended for, I don't have issue with BP's party songs, the fast choreo just gets u pumped up like it should, but in my mind fast choreo doesn't fit to Whistle and Playing with Fire at all, it's mostly just distracting and makes whole thing feel rushed and out of focus for me.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Darkseid

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
I'm not sure exactly if they have faster or busy choreos to compared to groups and their similar type of songs. But yes I mean faster than the songs they are intended for, I don't have issue with BP's party songs, the fast choreo just gets u pumped up like it should, but in my mind fast choreo doesn't fit to Whistle and Playing with Fire at all, it's mostly just distracting and makes whole thing feel rushed and out of focus for me.
Eh I actually like Whistle and PWF choreos lol, esp. during the chorus parts, they're quite good and fit the song imo.
It's DDDD choreo that I find the most underwhelming, although that gun pose has become iconic, but watching it on big stages and shows, I'm not impressed.

Whistle and PWF choreos were fine for me, nothing outstanding but works, and Boombayah had the best choreo but I don't like the song lol.
 
  • Like
Reactions: blueberries

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Eh I actually like Whistle and PWF choreos lol, esp. during the chorus parts, they're quite good and fit the song imo.
It's DDDD choreo that I find the most underwhelming, although that gun pose has become iconic, but watching it on big stages and shows, I'm not impressed.

Whistle and PWF choreos were fine for me, nothing outstanding but works, and Boombayah had the best choreo but I don't like the song lol.
I guess we just disagree then (what's new), they are definitely too fast for me. :sakUwu:

PWF has good moves, but overall the choreography is too busy, Whistle in other hand doesn't even have that going for it. I definitely stick with mv's with those one's. D4's choreo is bit underwhelming, but it's alright do't have issues with it. Kill this Love has best choreo for me, from start to finish though they definitely should have included Jennie's and Lisa's shoulder bump in the actual choreo- it was best part of the mv.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Darkseid

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
I guess we just disagree then (what's new), they are definitely too fast for me. :sakUwu:

PWF has good moves, but overall the choreography is too busy, Whistle in other hand doesn't even have that going for it. I definitely stick with mv's with those one's. D4's choreo is bit underwhelming, but it's alright do't have issues with it. Kill this Love has best choreo for me, from start to finish though they definitely should have included Jennie's and Lisa's shoulder bump in the actual choreo- it was best part of the mv.
Lol Whistle and PWF choreos are slow enough for me :jisoosmh:
Like Boombayah is fast, and to some extent AIIYL and Forever Young, other BP choreos are mostly at a slower pace for me. PWF and Whistle choreos kinda just float along with the lines of the song and seem fine :sakUwu:
But of course you feel differently XD
And I like DKWTD choreo more, but KTL choreo is also pretty good tbh. Boombayah still best choreo for me though :maheart:
 
  • Like
Reactions: blueberries

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Lol Whistle and PWF choreos are slow enough for me :jisoosmh:
Like Boombayah is fast, and to some extent AIIYL and Forever Young, other BP choreos are mostly at a slower pace for me. PWF and Whistle choreos kinda just float along with the lines of the song and seem fine :sakUwu:
But of course you feel differently XD
And I like DKWTD choreo more, but KTL choreo is also pretty good tbh. Boombayah still best choreo for me though :maheart:
Choreo that would float along seems perfect decription for what PWF and Whistle needs, but I'd describe what they have more as rushed flailing than floating. I get exhausted just watching.

DKWTD is fine, the choruses choreo is just bit silly. Boombayah's choreo is good, one of best one's from BP, if only the song wasn't such trash I could appreciate it more :sakUwu:
 
  • Like
Reactions: Darkseid

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Choreo that would float along seems perfect decription for what PWF and Whistle needs, but I'd describe what they have more as rushed flailing than floating. I get exhausted just watching.

DKWTD is fine, the choruses choreo is just bit silly. Boombayah's choreo is good, one of best one's from BP, if only the song wasn't such trash I could appreciate it more :sakUwu:
I know the song isn't good, but the choreo is coz I'm taking an objective stance Berry-chan, you should know :sakUwu:

Lol if that choreo exhausts you, Idk how you put up with some others but I've gotten used to you making choices I don't understand :jisoosmh:
 
  • Haha
Reactions: blueberries
Joined
20 February 2019
Messages
522
Reactions Received
1,963
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I lowkey noticed this a while back but tbh i find it appealing cause I feel they are hitting unexpected beats verse the ones the song set up in your mind. I’m sorry if that made no sense 😂
 
  • Like
Reactions: blueberries

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I lowkey noticed this a while back but tbh i find it appealing cause I feel they are hitting unexpected beats verse the ones the song set up in your mind. I’m sorry if that made no sense 😂
No I get what you mean and it's interesting viewpoint on it ^^ I guess it can make the performance bit surprising or more energetic, though for me it just creates disconnect. But I definitely agree that they aren't hitting the beats as I'd expect.
 
  • Like
Reactions: twentyfivedollar

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread