Are Dreamcatcher in the right market? (1 Viewer)

Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
8,353
Reactions Received
27,110
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
528
Fandom
MY
Gender
Other
What I mean is that is K-pop right for them?
I have heard countless of times from people saying their music sounds like a Japanese Anime intro.
Do you think if they debuted in Japan, they would have better success?
I'm not saying that they should have gone to Japan because they are a K-pop group but I'm just curious to see what opinions people have on this matter.
Do you think what they are doing right now is good for them? I mean they are more popular internationally than in Korea, however I think people in Korea are slowly starting to wake up to them but it has taken over 2 years.

What do you think their success would be if they debuted in Japan and not in Korea?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Darkyoda47

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,256
Reactions Received
76,671
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,870
Ship
Wreck
They could end up as just another group in Japan since their style wouldn't be unique over there so they could end up worse but it's a bigger market so if they did get somewhere they'd likely do better than they are now.
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
8,353
Reactions Received
27,110
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
528
Fandom
MY
Gender
Other
QUOTE="Xuesbama, post: 50551, member: 283"]
They could end up as just another group in Japan since their style wouldn't be unique over there so they could end up worse but it's a bigger market so if they did get somewhere they'd likely do better than they are now.
[/QUOTE]
Yes, I do agree with that.
Even though they would have had better success, they wouldn't stand out like they do in Korea.
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
It's true they're style is very similar to what a lot of Jpop groups do and really what the Japanese public listens to. However, I feel like since they are Kpop, they're one of the most unique groups in the market. Their style is not really done by anyone else. The group who comes even remotely close is GFriend and even then, the two are pretty different. Their uniqueness is garnering them fans and interest. They're selling more than 20K now which is pretty good. They'll be mid-tier pretty soon. They might be even able to hold mini concerts soon as well.

As for the success in Japan, it's hard to tell. As Koreans? They might not do as well. However, if they were Japanese, they might do well since their music is really good. It all depends on promotion there.
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
8,353
Reactions Received
27,110
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
528
Fandom
MY
Gender
Other
It's true they're style is very similar to what a lot of Jpop groups do and really what the Japanese public listens to. However, I feel like since they are Kpop, they're one of the most unique groups in the market. Their style is not really done by anyone else. The group who comes even remotely close is GFriend and even then, the two are pretty different. Their uniqueness is garnering them fans and interest. They're selling more than 20K now which is pretty good. They'll be mid-tier pretty soon. They might be even able to hold mini concerts soon as well.

As for the success in Japan, it's hard to tell. As Koreans? They might not do as well. However, if they were Japanese, they might do well since their music is really good. It all depends on promotion there.
That is true!
I think they have gone the way internationally and have come back to Korea without even leaving Korea if that makes sense?
And I agree about when you compare them to Gfriend, they are pretty close to being like them yet so far away.

I also just realised how far away from Loona and Monsta X they are in terms of popularity.
They still have such a long way to go to get a lot of recognition.
However, what I have noticed is their sales always go up on every comeback which is a good thing for a group like Dreamcatcher.
I think they can also grow their Japanese market as well.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Darkyoda47

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread