Are humans fundamentally good or evil? (1 Viewer)

Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
5,718
Reactions Received
22,690
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
Obviously no one is completely good or evil, and nothing is black or white... life is complicated, we are flawed and complex... but fundamentally, do you think we are more good or evil? tbh this is something I still cannot answer.. some days I think one thing, some days I'm almost certain of the other.. people can be so heartbreakingly cruel, but this ugly yet beautiful world is filled with bright things as well, right? There's so much malice, crime, sin, suffering, death..... but then someone sincerely smiles at me and I get reminded that there's hope too if you look for it.. I really don't know how to answer this, but what about you guys? :)

 
  • Like
Reactions: igloo and Minuteman

igloo

cheesecake is delicious
.
Joined
31 August 2018
Messages
2,562
Reactions Received
15,940
Location
in the rain
Website
www.pinterest.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
8,748
Fandom
N/A
Gender
Male
Ship
our perceptions of good and evil are based on our subjective moralities which themselves are influenced by societal standards which vary across the world. even the most objective morals are still dictated by human society. now there are a few things which could be said to be objectively evil in which they are hurtful in the most base human ways but even then in the universal sense it is debatable as to whether that is evil at all.
so i find it hard to make grand statements on humanity as such.
 

Minuteman

Another Settlement Needs Your Help
.
.
Joined
15 November 2018
Messages
7,387
Reactions Received
22,724
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
There are a lot of really shitty people out there, and there are a lot of really good people too. If you look at it from a natural perspective, you would think that people would be more inclined to be selfish and cruel because that would help them survive individually. BUT, as a social species, we've evolved in a way that makes us more prone to being kind and empathetic to others because it is more beneficial to the survival of both the individual AND the group if everyone helps and trusts one another. So if I had to choose, I'd say we are naturally more good than evil (obviously not purely good), and I think the way we are raised, the environment around us, and many other factors could either bring out the bad in people or magnify the good.
 
  • Like
Reactions: kodoku and igloo
Joined
15 March 2019
Messages
1,777
Reactions Received
6,501
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
11
Gender
Male
Humans were born with free will its ultimately our choice whether we want to be good or bad.

Due to Adam and eve sinning, we all inherited imperfection so we will sin and we cant control that.

Good people can do evil things evil people can do good things ultimately nobody can truly judge except God. So yeah it's a tough question. I say we are born good but it all went bad once we grow and now we are all evil. Haha.
 

kuro

✰ hiatus ✰
.
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
17,115
Reactions Received
56,266
Location
spring days
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
this is really deep o.o
but I think we're all born with evil, but as we grow up, we either embrace it, or change it for the better

I honestly don't think we're born good, because there'd be more good people if that was true.
It's just the way our world is...
 

jasque

Antifragile
.
.
Joined
29 August 2018
Messages
11,564
Reactions Received
42,959
Location
Brasil
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
18,971
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
Gender
Male
Idk on world level, but in my country at least 30% of people are beyond salvation.

So ig the world is doing good somehow.

I mean. If more than 50% stopped caring about everything, or started caring too much about the wrong stuff... World war 3 would happen and the problem would solve itself

Stan matilda
 
  • Like
Reactions: Minuteman and igloo

Mew

~Angel of Death~
.
Joined
29 November 2018
Messages
2,249
Reactions Received
4,602
Location
England, London
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
6
Fandom
Shawol
Gender
Female
Neither, i've never felt that people are either good or bad, we draw those conclusions by the society we are raised in and the laws we have set, as well as other influences we may have in our lives such as religion or culture.
I feel most people within circumstances can be pushed one way or the other, so Most would be neutral to a degree or leaning more to one side... but never 100% Good or Bad.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread