Are there many natural disasters in your place? (1 Viewer)

Joined
19 October 2020
Messages
19,165
Reactions Received
28,437
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,455
Fandom
multi BG
Gender
Female
I count my blessings daily and I´m not even kidding. I can say a lot of negative things about this country ,but living here means that I am able to avoid most natural disasters. Hurricanes might happen once in a decade, but they cannot be compared to these in the Caribbean. We once had a bad flood here, but could be considered rare and most people just had to clean their basements and find higher places. Financially demanding as a lot of repairs had to be done. (Just to clear things out why I´m saying "they" that is because I live in a block of flats so as terrible as it is to have neighbours and no privacy with these "paper walls" it has its benefits).
There was an earthquake like two years ago and all it did was shake some glasses and caused a bit of sensation.
Again, I´m not boasting. I´m grateful that I´m so lucky at least in that way. I hope God, Mother Nature, Lucky Stars and all Angel Protectors will help us (at least the good people? or decent people?)

Do you live in a zone with a lot of tornados or floods, earthquakes etc.?
 

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,384
Reactions Received
151,393
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Just blizzards and the occasional tornado. Tropical storms sometimes (not thunderstorms, the kind with flash flooding and whatnot).
 
Joined
19 October 2020
Messages
19,165
Reactions Received
28,437
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,455
Fandom
multi BG
Gender
Female
Just blizzards and the occasional tornado. Tropical storms sometimes (not thunderstorms, the kind with flash flooding and whatnot).
I hope that you are and will be always able to dodge them. ♥
 

Tickita

𝒜𝓃 𝒾𝓃𝓋𝒾𝓃𝒸𝒾𝒷𝓁𝑒 𝓈𝓊𝓂𝓂𝑒𝓇.
.
.
.
Joined
30 January 2020
Messages
26,480
Reactions Received
39,142
Location
We're no strangers to love.
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,434
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she, her, mrrp
We had one earthquake when I was in 10th grade. I think that was our only one.
Also hurricanes but flooding is only as much as if it were raining.
 
Joined
19 October 2020
Messages
19,165
Reactions Received
28,437
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,455
Fandom
multi BG
Gender
Female
We had one earthquake when I was in 10th grade. I think that was our only one.
Also hurricanes but flooding is only as much as if it were raining.
I hope the earthquake wasn´t too bad?!
 
Joined
19 October 2020
Messages
19,165
Reactions Received
28,437
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,455
Fandom
multi BG
Gender
Female
Only thing we get is Tornadoes. But luckily they dont come my way often. The last time I got caught in a Tornado was 2004.
tornados (and in general natural disasters are really fascinating when one is not a part of them). it had to be scary. glad that you are ok!
 

Tickita

𝒜𝓃 𝒾𝓃𝓋𝒾𝓃𝒸𝒾𝒷𝓁𝑒 𝓈𝓊𝓂𝓂𝑒𝓇.
.
.
.
Joined
30 January 2020
Messages
26,480
Reactions Received
39,142
Location
We're no strangers to love.
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,434
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she, her, mrrp
I hope the earthquake wasn´t too bad?!
I think the majority of us on the east coast never experienced one, so we were pretty uneasy for a little bit. It was 5.8 or less if one was further away. I was close to it, so 5.8. I was reading on my bed, which was already shaky by design, so I figured one of my siblings was messing with the bed. My brother thought so too, and he was telling whoever it was to stop. After it was done I heard my fam in the living room that were like "Yo, was that just an earthquake?" Nothing of ours got damaged, but they said the fridge was shaking crazy. There was damage downtown.

It felt weird to stand for the rest of the day, as I didn't want to get caught standing if an aftershock came.
 
  • Like
Reactions: mysteric and Willow

mysteric

hysteric
.
Joined
26 February 2019
Messages
14,363
Reactions Received
27,574
Location
the moon
Website
newjeans.carrd.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
8,986
Fandom
MeU & MY
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she ✧ her
Ship
we get our annual flooding in spring, when all the snow melts and there's a lot of rain
it's snowy, but I wouldn't say there are blizzards... there was a tiny earthquake a few years back (we're nowhere near any fault lines), and there was a tornado 2?3? years back and electricity got cut for three or four days
other than that, nothing serious really
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread