Are there MV tropes you hate? (1 Viewer)

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,394
Reactions Received
151,405
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,603
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
The trope where an “ugly” girl (ie girl with glasses and no makeup and braids or pigtails) has her boyfriend leave her so she makes herself “pretty” (ditches glasses, puts on makeup, and learns to walk in heels) and then her boyfriend sees the makeover and is like wow will you come back to me and she says no. I can’t be the only one who thinks this is a terrible terrible lesson to teach people am I? The two kpop examples that come to mind are Whatta Man by IOI and I Will Show You by Ailee :pepeslippy:
 

athenaaa

Thunder ⚡️
.
.
.
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
51,083
Reactions Received
72,515
Location
Ahsoka’s Heart 💜
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
147,413
Fandom
ProfessorAthena
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her
Ship
Wreck
The trope where an “ugly” girl (ie girl with glasses and no makeup and braids or pigtails) has her boyfriend leave her so she makes herself “pretty” (ditches glasses, puts on makeup, and learns to walk in heels) and then her boyfriend sees the makeover and is like wow will you come back to me and she says no. I can’t be the only one who thinks this is a terrible terrible lesson to teach people am I? The two kpop examples that come to mind are Whatta Man by IOI and I Will Show You by Ailee :pepeslippy:
Why are glasses considered ugly in these tropes? :soob: I don’t get it
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ahsoka

DaisySkies

it is what will hurt the least
.
Joined
25 October 2023
Messages
9,332
Reactions Received
8,650
Location
east egg
Website
scratch.mit.edu
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
42,566
Fandom
STAY
Gender
Female
this isn't kpop, but i did find it weird in the HoneyWorks song 可愛くてごめん that she wants to be cute....i mean...it's totally fine with me, the big thing that kinda sets me off is how they drew the girl when she was supposed to be 'cute' ;-; i found her cuter before the makeup and stuff T^T
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ahsoka

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,394
Reactions Received
151,405
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,603
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Why are glasses considered ugly in these tropes? :soob: I don’t get it
Plastic can’t be above the skin in your face and be pretty. It’s only pretty if its inside your skin :sanapray:
 

athenaaa

Thunder ⚡️
.
.
.
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
51,083
Reactions Received
72,515
Location
Ahsoka’s Heart 💜
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
147,413
Fandom
ProfessorAthena
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her
Ship
Wreck
Plastic can’t be above the skin in your face and be pretty. It’s only pretty if its inside your skin :sanapray:
Yeah I don’t get that :wimwim: Maybe its cause I have glasses or cause I find girls with glasses really attractive :soob:
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Ahsoka

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread