are you ashamed of any of your family members? (1 Viewer)

Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
5,718
Reactions Received
22,690
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
and if so, who and why?

I don't keep in touch with many relatives/family members of mine.....The reasons? I'm bad at social interactions in general, I also don't really have an interest in the people who let me fade away while only judging me, and they don't seem like my cup of tea anyway..... sadly, I resent my parents at times but one person I am ashamed of is my brother. What made me think of this is the fact that even my closest friend didn't know I even have a brother until recently, she was surprised to find out.. it's because I never mention him...........I'm not ashamed because he is ill or because he's failing at life. I'm ashamed because he isn't trying and he seems to be fine with being like this. It's unthinkable to me, a life far worse than death, and all his selfishness........ :/

 

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,389
Reactions Received
151,401
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
My grandmother is so hateful towards so many groups of people, yet she thinks she's superior to everyone else and in the right. I don't like her frankly. I also don't like people I know meeting my parents because they can be quite mean. My friend met them and got shocked by them saying something mean to me so casually and that experience just pushed me away from wanting any of them to meet my parents.
 

dark_tranquility

YOᑌ ᗪIᗪᑎ'T ᗷᗴTᖇᗩY ᗰᗴ, YOᑌ ᗷᗴTᖇᗩYᗴᗪ YOᑌᖇSᗴᒪᖴ
.
.
Joined
10 September 2019
Messages
62,063
Reactions Received
52,514
Location
Europe and Asia
Website
www.ancestry.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
201,093
Fandom
𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Eurasian
My step mum, gran and dad. They just all come off as fake and really rude imo.
 
Last edited:
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
Oh my god my family is so embarrassing, they have the audacity to not be exactly like me, I mean???? Why
 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
3,579
Reactions Received
6,439
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
my whole family tbh
there
a) lgbt phobic.. or
b) uses fact I'm bi to make them seem less phobic when there still rude as fuck

like telling everyone when I don't want you too doesn't make you accepting as you ain't accepting my wishes..

yes I'm out to a lot of people but not people I've never met in my life...

also I don't drink cause I don't see the point and my family legit judges me for it

like Yeh I look after my body and I'm the weird one.. when they struggle to not drink when they have work the next day
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I don't think I am. Everyone moved on with their lives at their own pace and is doing what it good for them. I guess I am lucky in that sense.
[this is only about my mothers and grandmothers side of the family tho. don't have any contect with anyone from my fathers side and my grandpa did too much at this point that I could care less if people even bring him up]
 
  • Like
Reactions: kodoku
Joined
24 May 2020
Messages
96
Reactions Received
236
Location
Hungary
Website
www.youtube.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
At first I didn't want to write here, but I thought about it and I seen that there are some people who also mentioned their grandparents... Sadly I also feel a kind of shame towards my grandfather.
I mean that I don't like him and I think he is pathetic. What are the reasons behind this?
My grandfather is the most egoistic, the most arrogant and the most toxic person whom I know.
I can't explain it on a right way but I will try it... He thinks about himself that he is a very wise man who did great things in his whole life and he deserves unconditional respect , although he didn't do anything more than he wrote some ordinary and meaningless poems only. Indeed, these poems are also toxic because they says that my grandfather hates young people and everything what is modern ...
And to me the worst is that my grandfather is scornful towards his own only daughter and his grandchildren.
He never ever will admit our merits because we are useless in his eyes. And he tell this to us in a style which shows that he is a much better person than anybody around him.
Very possible that he was who ruined my self-confidence and turned me into a "mental wreck"...
 
  • Like
  • Sad
Reactions: kodoku and yeji

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread