Are you comfortable during family gatherings? (1 Viewer)

pinkmelodies

Jewel ᥫ᭡.
.
Joined
19 April 2024
Messages
21,994
Reactions Received
13,706
Location
2nd Gen Era
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
84,883
Fandom
SONE
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I'm asking since it's my nephew's birthday and I have to go. For me I always feel awkward and don't know what to do. Especially since I'm not that close with my sister and her husband
 
  • Like
Reactions: Willow and Ahsoka

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,387
Reactions Received
151,400
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
We don’t have family gatherings because we all live pretty far away from each other, spread across at least 3/4 countries depending on who counts as family. And the countries aren’t that close to each other. The closest thing we have to family gatherings is when we visit them for vacation, and that would be just visiting 2-3 relatives at a time, not a whole gathering with us all. Oh and I think my dads parents hate my moms parents and maybe the reverse so there’s that.
 

pinkmelodies

Jewel ᥫ᭡.
.
Joined
19 April 2024
Messages
21,994
Reactions Received
13,706
Location
2nd Gen Era
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
84,883
Fandom
SONE
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
We don’t have family gatherings because we all live pretty far away from each other, spread across at least 3/4 countries depending on who counts as family. And the countries aren’t that close to each other. The closest thing we have to family gatherings is when we visit them for vacation, and that would be just visiting 2-3 relatives at a time, not a whole gathering with us all. Oh and I think my dads parents hate my moms parents and maybe the reverse so there’s that.
That was actually the same with me. My family and I moved to a different state to be close with my sister. To be honest I just feel comfortable with my mom since there is a huge age gap between my sisters and I (I'm the youngest)
 
  • Like
Reactions: Willow and Ahsoka

pinkmelodies

Jewel ᥫ᭡.
.
Joined
19 April 2024
Messages
21,994
Reactions Received
13,706
Location
2nd Gen Era
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
84,883
Fandom
SONE
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
  • Like
Reactions: Willow

pinkmelodies

Jewel ᥫ᭡.
.
Joined
19 April 2024
Messages
21,994
Reactions Received
13,706
Location
2nd Gen Era
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
84,883
Fandom
SONE
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
not really. i went there only bcs my mom asked for it. either way i'm not that close to the big family, it's just formality for me :taesip:
Formality is the best way to describe it. It's hard to say but I just want to feel close with my mom and that's all
 

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,387
Reactions Received
151,400
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
That was actually the same with me. My family and I moved to a different state to be close with my sister. To be honest I just feel comfortable with my mom since there is a huge age gap between my sisters and I (I'm the youngest)
In the states we only have my aunt, we have gone on a road trip to see her but it is many hours ofc. It can get especially different because of politics. For example, my mom’s parents would have a very very hard time getting a visa to enter the US, so that narrows it down immediately as to where to visit. My other grandma from Germany has health problems so her traveling is difficult. My aunt wouldn’t visit us because she’s scared of my dog. Family drama aside, even if my immediate family, aunt and cousin, and grandparents wanted to meet up it would be really hard for it to happen.
 
Joined
7 May 2023
Messages
543
Reactions Received
297
Location
coolville 🔥
Website
kissesmwah.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,839
Fandom
p1ece
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
its ush kinda awkward but i have fun. i spend time w my little cousins (im the oldest cousin lmao) and when i hang w the adults they spill family lore and its interesting
 

StrayMixx

aka Chiara
.
.
Joined
12 September 2020
Messages
40,149
Reactions Received
46,810
Location
in Bang Chan's head
Website
www.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
180,403
Fandom
mainly bg
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
yeah, it's fun to catch up with fam members you haven't talked to in a while
 

magali

save our souls
.
Joined
18 March 2024
Messages
8,207
Reactions Received
9,882
Location
♰ eden
Website
f5veofficial.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
33,101
Fandom
(╥﹏╥) orbit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she ౨ৎ her
yeah but it gets kinda lonely sometimes since i have no female cousins of my age that would like to talk to me :thumbsupcat:
 

pinkmelodies

Jewel ᥫ᭡.
.
Joined
19 April 2024
Messages
21,994
Reactions Received
13,706
Location
2nd Gen Era
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
84,883
Fandom
SONE
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
its ush kinda awkward but i have fun. i spend time w my little cousins (im the oldest cousin lmao) and when i hang w the adults they spill family lore and its interesting
That sounds really fun!!
 

pinkmelodies

Jewel ᥫ᭡.
.
Joined
19 April 2024
Messages
21,994
Reactions Received
13,706
Location
2nd Gen Era
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
84,883
Fandom
SONE
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
yeah but it gets kinda lonely sometimes since i have no female cousins of my age that would like to talk to me :thumbsupcat:
I used to have a female cousin my age but we're not close to that side of that family anymore :sadcat:
 
  • Sad
Reactions: magali

Hoemantic

Armageddon
.
Joined
14 June 2021
Messages
4,563
Reactions Received
6,241
Location
Supernova
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
4,475
Pronouns
he/they
I am if it's close family but if it's one of those cousins I never met, no.
 
  • Like
Reactions: pinkmelodies

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread