COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Are you spiritual, religious or atheist? (1 Viewer)

maruberry

I offer free hugs
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
Like the title says!

I consder myself kinda spiritual. It feels weird to label it, but I am definetly not religious or Atheist! I believe that withces and fortune telling and so on exist. That doesn't mean that I believe every horoscope and charlatan in the paper though! Most of the people claiming to be psychic or whatever are lying, but I believe people with powers and senses like that really do exist.

I also believe in ghosts, evil spirits, afterlife and quite a lot of other things I don't have a word for.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
V.I.P
Pronouns
she/her
I'm an atheist but a weird one ... like I believe in being reborn after we die into a new body, but I think I only believe in that so that death doesn't scare me as much as it does.

maruberry

I offer free hugs
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
I'm an atheist but a weird one ... like I believe in being reborn after we die into a new body, but I think I only believe in that so that death doesn't scare me as much as it does.
Well science hasn't proven that rebirth isn't possible!

You would make a good buddhist! Even the Dalai Lama said that if the scientists prove that rebirth is not possible, that then he wouldn't be a buddhist anymore!

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
What's the difference between spiritual and religious? To me they're pretty interchangeable... Well at least I think spirituality is a part of religious.

Out of the options, I would say religious. I'm definitely not an Atheist. I have a religion and therefore believe in God, I have a prophet (messenger of God) and I believe in the hereafter (Heaven & Hell). But like I said, I think spirituality is part of religion. I believe in the unseen too because the unseen is part of my religion. So although I could be more religious than I am, I do still consider myself pretty religious.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Atheist. I've never been into religion and it just isn't for me

maruberry

I offer free hugs
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
What's the difference between spiritual and religious? To me they're pretty interchangeable... Well at least I think spirituality is a part of religious.

Out of the options, I would say religious. I'm definitely not an Atheist. I have a religion and therefore believe in God, I have a prophet (messenger of God) and the hereafter (Heaven & Hell). But like I said, I think spirituality is part of religion. I believe in the unseen too because the unseen is part of my religion. So although I could be more religious than I am, I do still consider myself pretty religious.
I don't think they are interchangable.

For example a religion would be islam or christianity or buddhism and so on. They have set beliefs and if a person is religious he/she lives by and believes those rules.

A spiritual person picks and chooses their own beliefs. Something from here and something from there and then mixes it all together into something that they themselves believe in.

A spiritual person makes the rules of her/his belief, a religious person follows already exsisting rules.

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
I don't think they are interchangable.

For example a religion would be islam or christianity or buddhism and so on. They have set beliefs and if a person is religious he/she lives by and believes those rules.

A spiritual person picks and chooses their own beliefs. Something from here and something from there and then mixes it all together into something that they themselves believe in.

A spiritual person makes the rules of her/his belief, a religious person follows already exsisting rules.
I guess that makes sense. For me, I always just consider that being close to God or being more religious makes you more spiritual. At least that's generally what people around me who talk about spirituality in my religion refer to it as.

Actually I just looked it up and apparently in my religion (Islam) spirituality isn't something different. Basically, any religious act we do is considered to be spiritual. I was actually curious because in my religion we believe we have two hearts: the actual physical heart and the spiritual heart. So I looked it up and in my religion it's one thing but I guess that may be because there's no better word to describe it in English than "spiritual". So even though what you're referring to is something different than what it means in my religion, the word is the same because the English language isn't as rich when it comes to vocabulary (my assumption because Arabic is such a rich language that there's like 10 different words for 1 English word... literally).

So from your definition, I would say I'm religious. From mine, also more religious although I am trying to be more spiritual.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
she/her
Atheist, but I'm aware of some spiritual aspects.

I don't believe in gods and creators or anything like that, in actuality I'm all for scientific explanations, but I sometimes think about things like being reborn, people having "powers" etc. Like I wouldn't straight up say that I believe in those things but I definitely do find them interesting and they're fun to think about. I also find some aspects of religions that are highly concerned with the dead fascinating.

So I guess I'm somewhat spiritual to the point where there is a clear scientific explanation?

jasque

Antifragile
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
I believe in the power of myths and I am supertitious and paranoid.

So ig it depends on the day.

(I have super powers too)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
It's complicated. I'm religious, but not overly so. I believe in God, and all the other Jewish beliefs, but I don't normally pray and religion is not a huge aspect of my daily life. I also believe that all beliefs/religions are valid, because if I was born Christian, I would believe in Christianity, if I was born Muslim, I would believe in Islam, etc. and I think it all depends on how you were raised and who you are as a person that led you to believe what you do. There are also aspects/beliefs of other religions that I find myself agreeing and believing in as well, so I don't think that people necessarily have to be limited to believing in just one religion and it's definitely fine to agree with parts of other religions as well. That being said, I still love being Jewish, and I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. To me, it's kind of like a life style/philosophy as well as a religion. Being Jewish to me, I guess it kinda means doing the right thing and being the best person you can be. It's also a really nice community and I feel really connected with everyone around me, so I love it.

jasque

Antifragile
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
It's complicated. I'm religious, but not overly so. I believe in God, and all the other Jewish beliefs, but I don't normally pray and religion is not a huge aspect of my daily life. I also believe that all beliefs/religions are valid, because if I was born Christian, I would believe in Christianity, if I was born Muslim, I would believe in Islam, etc. and I think it all depends on how you were raised and who you are as a person that led you to believe what you do. There are also aspects/beliefs of other religions that I find myself agreeing and believing in as well, so I don't think that people necessarily have to be limited to believing in just one religion and it's definitely fine to agree with parts of other religions as well. That being said, I still love being Jewish, and I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. To me, it's kind of like a life style/philosophy as well as a religion. Being Jewish to me, I guess it kinda means doing the right thing and being the best person you can be. It's also a really nice community and I feel really connected with everyone around me, so I love it.
Liked for the sig

kuro

✰ hiatus ✰
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
technically hindu, don't really believe in my gods, thought I was christian (no, that's just because I was 8 and everyone was christian in school), and now I have found my true god(dess)
QUEEN HYUNA
:queen:

but I'm hindu lol, and kinda spiritual, I say I don't believe in ghosts, but I will scream like hell if someone tells some spooky story by a campfire and the leaves crunch lol

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I'm an Atheist, however, I do find myself to be quite spiritual recently and I have been looking to get into Buddhism. Is Buddhism a Religion? It depends on who you ask.
I definitely think that you can be spiritual and non-religious and I think this is where Buddhism comes in since there is no higher being to worship but instead it's all about Enlightenment.
I think this is a good way to live, myself.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread