COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Artists; how do you deal with..... (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
STARWOL
to anyone who makes any type of art and does requests for free or commissions

how do you deal with people who do not follow your rules when it comes to using your graphic, drawing, painting etc
and maybe steal it and claim it as their own or , don't credit you as they should or maybe even have the guts to be disrespectful and not give you a simple thank you?

any of you ever dealt with such people when it comes to making art for others?

lucky for me most people show me gratitude and credit me as they should
but it kinda sucks when it does not happen in my opinion
like you did it all for nothing? but then again , not literally for nothing as you did make something and it's like +++ for experience right

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
multi BG
I see it from the other point of view. When I google "Bang Yongguk gifs" and find them on weheartit, giphy etc. how am I to credit it? I know they belong to someone and someone made them, but I´m sorry, unless you watermark your work, sign it or just strictly forbid people from using your work for anything but personal use (by that I mean, for example use it only on this website), it might be really hard to argue.
The profile pic I have was taken by a photographer who I had not credited. The gif I have in my signature was made by someone and put on a website, but I don´t think that was the original creator.

I feel like it is a risk of putting your work online. Though I agree that if you clearly state you don´t want your work to be used, shared and should always be credited, people should respect that. I always try to credit, but I know I am not doing enough.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
STARWOL
I see it from the other point of view. When I google "Bang Yongguk gifs" and find them on weheartit, giphy etc. how am I to credit it? I know they belong to someone and someone made them, but I´m sorry, unless you watermark your work, sign it or just strictly forbid people from using your work for anything but personal use (by that I mean, for example use it only on this website), it might be really hard to argue.
The profile pic I have was taken by a photographer who I had not credited. The gif I have in my signature was made by someone and put on a website, but I don´t think that was the original creator.

I feel like it is a risk of putting your work online. Though I agree that if you clearly state you don´t want your work to be used, shared and should always be credited, people should respect that. I always try to credit, but I know I am not doing enough.
i get you
but maybe i did not put it up clearly enough
i meant for those who make stuff for others on request for free or money
so like custom stuff especially made for someone :wimwim:

but yeah when it comes to using stuff you find on google..... i think it is ok as long as you not use it to earn money with
and lots of websites these days with free stuff on it , incl stock photography which i use a lot for graphics

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
multi BG
i get you
but maybe i did not put it up clearly enough
i meant for those who make stuff for others on request for free or money
so like custom stuff especially made for someone :wimwim:

but yeah when it comes to using stuff you find on google..... i think it is ok as long as you not use it to earn money with
and lots of websites these days with free stuff on it , incl stock photography which i use a lot for graphics
agh, that ............. well in that case ....... you know someone is a real dick :D.
they say "don´t trust what people do on the Internet, they are not like that in real life". bullshit, people are more themselves on the Internet than in real life. so ... watch for small stuff ..... watch and be amazed :D

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
multi BG
because they can hide behind a mask real easy and not be caught easily for bad stuff?
:sippinthetea:
look at us all philosophical. are we talking big girls stuff? :D

mysteric

.*゚+ rest in peace our little pear blossom *+.
Reactions Received
Website
aespas.carrd.com
KS Coins
Fandom
MeU & MY
Pronouns
she ♡ her
Ship

Google reverse image search is a great starter place
For me, if I find anything that looks vaguely like content I’ve seen elsewhere, I try to go through my reblogs and whatnot to find it: more often than not, content stealers continuously do so
Usually I use my gifs from Tumblr and message op if they allow it

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
inspirit
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
The only thing I sell is my services for helping paint scenery for plays and dances. I don't give people the opportunity to steal my portraits or use them. So I wouldn't know personally but I hope this doesn't happen to other artists because I'd be livid.

Yonk

cha cha cha
Reactions Received
Website
en.pronouns.page
KS Coins
Fandom
myday
Pronouns
any
this why i dont post my art on any social media platforms unless i already have a watermark set, but ive never really dealt with art theft, but i did in kinder, some girl took my drawing and said it was hers :lisalaugh:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
luoshifemy
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
I used to watermark but now I can’t be bothered lol, if someone wants my dumb Kpop fanart then whatever what do I care

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread