COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

News Attack on Titan moves from Wit studio to MAPPA (1 Viewer)

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Wit studio has been doing Attack on Titan since season 1 all way to season 3 part 2 that was released last year's April. However the franchise has changed animation studios to MAPPA now, which was been worrying to some as unlike Wit studio, MAPPA is less known for their action animes. MAPPA is mostly known from animes like Yuri on Ice, Kakegurui, Banana Fish and Dororo. MAPPA is known as rather ambitious and growing studio, who isn't afraid of taking on some less known IPs, but also studio whose quality can be bit up and down at times.

Nevertheless, MAPPA has relased trailed for the Fourth season of Attack on Titan so you can judge yourself how they are faring:

(and at least we can be glad it's not J.C.Staff, who doesn't rly animate and instead likes still images with zooms and shaky cameras).

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Whoa the animation style was iconic. This will be hard to get used to. :jisoosmh:

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Whoa the animation style was iconic. This will be hard to get used to. :jisoosmh:
Yup and Wit Studio's fight scenes in AOT were superb so I'm bit nervous for MAPPA. They haven't had huge franchise like this before and not even this type of show.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Yup and Wit Studio's fight scenes in AOT were superb so I'm bit nervous for MAPPA. They haven't had huge franchise like this before and not even this type of show.
They do have a lot of momentum from the ending of season 3. I will admit the trailer looks pretty good, they've recreated the style quite well. Here's hoping they can keep it up throughout the series beyond these few scenes.

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
They do have a lot of momentum from the ending of season 3. I will admit the trailer looks pretty good, they've recreated the style quite well. Here's hoping they can keep it up throughout the series beyond these few scenes.
I hope that too, they are one of my favorite companies so rooting for them :sanapray:

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
The trailer did look good so I'm kinda hyped, but will it match the heights of previous seasons animation wise? Probably not. But as long as it's good animation, if not necessarily the best, and provides a satisfying conclusion, fans should be happy.

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
That reminds me, I never started watching S2 of AOT since I drifted apart during the 3 year hiatus after Season 1 :haylul:
I should rewatch from the start in preparation lol.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
MAPPA is a decent enough anime studio imo and they can definitely pull this off given that they don't skimp out on the animation.

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi-king
Ship
I don't really mind, I saw the trailer before you told me this but like I barely noticed it, as long as the animations are good in important fight scenes I'm fine with it, they can skip the entire talking sections by just making their mouths move for all I care (I do like the story tho I just think the animations sould be reserved for high mobility situations). :sanapray:

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
The trailer did look good so I'm kinda hyped, but will it match the heights of previous seasons animation wise? Probably not. But as long as it's good animation, if not necessarily the best, and provides a satisfying conclusion, fans should be happy.
It does look pretty fine :)

That reminds me, I never started watching S2 of AOT since I drifted apart during the 3 year hiatus after Season 1 :haylul:
I should rewatch from the start in preparation lol.
I have to admit that I haven't rly kept up so watching the trailer I was scared for spoilers, but ended up just confusing on wtf is going on

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
MAPPA is a decent enough anime studio imo and they can definitely pull this off given that they don't skimp out on the animation.
True, they definitely aren't the worst studio who could have took this on. But I was still bit surprised as they havent' done shows like it before. Still that's a huge IP for MAPPA to take on and if they do well more plp will know them for sure for it.

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
It does look pretty fine :)

I have to admit that I haven't rly kept up so watching the trailer I was scared for spoilers, but ended up just confusing on wtf is going on
Yeah I watched S1 in like 2013 so I had no fucking idea :lisalaugh:
It's on my Netflix tho so marathon soon :pepeheart:

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Yeah I watched S1 in like 2013 so I had no fucking idea :lisalaugh:
It's on my Netflix tho so marathon soon :pepeheart:
Same, I have just seen S1 so far + some fights clips of newer seasons that have been praised

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
You don't say :nakypog:

Netflix Party? :jenniesmug:
I'm not sure if they have Attack on Titan here, I need to check out.. but maybe in couple days as I'm still not in home xdd

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
I'm not sure if they have Attack on Titan here, I need to check out.. but maybe in couple days as I'm still not in home xdd
Oh well I have it lmao. So if you don't have, we could always just Kosmi instead :pepeheart:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Judging from the trailers, I think it'll be fine. I didn't notice any difference and Mappa is pretty decent, Yuri on Ice was inconsistent but Kakegurui is really good, one of the most beautiful out there, if you ask me.

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Judging from the trailers, I think it'll be fine. I didn't notice any difference and Mappa is pretty decent, Yuri on Ice was inconsistent but Kakegurui is really good, one of the most beautiful out there, if you ask me.
Ayy I know Attack on Titan animation is really good but I'd pick Yumeko Jabami orgasming over Poker anyday :lisalaugh:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread