COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

News Attack on Titan moves from Wit studio to MAPPA (1 Viewer)

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Judging from the trailers, I think it'll be fine. I didn't notice any difference and Mappa is pretty decent, Yuri on Ice was inconsistent but Kakegurui is really good, one of the most beautiful out there, if you ask me.
MAPPA was rly streched thing with Yuri on Ice, i think the issue was also having inexperienced screenwriter (her first anime) and inexperienced director (her first full anime) who were both original creators and had tons of stuff they wanted to include so that there wasn't even time for the ending credits many of the episodes ^^;

Ayy I know Attack on Titan animation is really good but I'd pick Yumeko Jabami orgasming over Poker anyday :lisalaugh:
Kakegurui has great art quality (usually), but i think the question is the fight animation and when things are moving fast.

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Kakegurui has great art quality (usually), but i think the question is the fight animation and when things are moving fast.
Yeah I know what you mean lol, AOT scenes look really dynamic, almost unmatched in the industry :sanapray:

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Is not on my Netflix but on Crunchyroll it's up to date. I need to catch up because I stopped at the beginning of season 3.2.
Yep not on my Netflix either @Darth_Ozy . I see them in Crunchy, but only for premium users. I don't have the account right now ^^;

Reactions Received
KS Coins
MAPPA was rly streched thing with Yuri on Ice, i think the issue was also having inexperienced screenwriter (her first anime) and inexperienced director (her first full anime) who were both original creators and had tons of stuff they wanted to include so that there wasn't even time for the ending credits many of the episodes ^^;

I agree, the action scenes will be way more complicated. I remember when YOI was on air, that the only complain most people had was with the animation of the skating scenes, some episodes were decent and others were messy. Let's see how they do it now.

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Yeah I know what you mean lol, AOT scenes look really dynamic, almost unmatched in the industry :sanapray:
Yep and it's one of those animes that is always praised for the animation, along with Demon Slayer, Mob Psycho and One Punch Man.

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
I'm got my premium account only for TOG. Guess who's watching a brand new episode today...
:pepesmug:
I hav been thinking of getting Crunchy, but I dislike how they region block lot of shows from me like Fruits Basket this season..

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
I agree, the action scenes will be way more complicated. I remember when YOI was on air, that the only complain most people had was with the animation of the skating scenes, some episodes were decent and others were messy. Let's see how they do it now.
Some skating scenes were rly good too, but there was lot of inconsistency. In general i think the issue wasn't in skill (as their best scenes were gorgeous), but lack of time. Actually during YOI's production many animators complained over overwork and there was stuff like how both screenwriter and director wanted to include way too much stuff in the episodes that they had to cut out than due to run time slots.

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
I don't really mind, I saw the trailer before you told me this but like I barely noticed it, as long as the animations are good in important fight scenes I'm fine with it, they can skip the entire talking sections by just making their mouths move for all I care (I do like the story tho I just think the animations sould be reserved for high mobility situations). :sanapray:
Well depends on anime for me, like I have noticed that Food Wars has almost became still images that they just zoom in and zoom out of.. the start of fourth season was bit rough to watch xd

But, yup in general non-action animes don't need as stellar animation.

lexus

Pinkchella
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
I thought they were done making this show :taeminface:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread