Balcony garden? Or just garden in general? (1 Viewer)

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
So I have been thinking of starting my balcony garden soon, but i'm not sure when yet, the weather has been bit unpredictable lately it was snowing two weeks ago and now it's hot af outside it's pretty summer temperature and I read prediction that it might snow again at mayday so :nosejoo:

Anyways- I been planning a bit what I want to plant this year. I think I want some narcissus to bring some color, i want the regular yellow ones nice for spring. Idk how easy they are maintain, since I want something really easy, I'm not that good with this thing xd Other than that it's going to be food plants. I managed to grow some lettuce and dill last year, even zucchini that I didn't think would be possible in balcony (not lot of space). In other hand leek didn't grow at all and parsley just little, i used it up in no time.

I would love to get some rucola and basilica going this year instead of lettuce and dill, but yea not sure how thats going to work out. Maybe i should just stick what I know can happen xd And of course i'd like to go bit crazy and get some cherry tomatoes there too, but I don't have pot for those, I'm sure it would need even more space than the zucchini.

Anyways have you tried to grow sth in your balcony or just garden in general? What you find easy to grow and what not? I could use with some tips too, i'm pretty noobie with this and I think I got just lucky I got sth growing last summer despite not having any idea what i was doing xd
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
I wish I could help but I have no clue :yolk:
My mom is pretty good with her balcony garden but I live quite far from home, and I have no idea what flowers/plants she has :maheart:
Some trial and error might do you good lol, I'm sure your garden will thrive :sanapray:
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I wish I could help but I have no clue :yolk:
My mom is pretty good with her balcony garden but I live quite far from home, and I have no idea what flowers/plants she has :maheart:
Some trial and error might do you good lol, I'm sure your garden will thrive :sanapray:
Maybe I should stick with lettuce and dill at least since they really thrived (produced more than I ended up eating), and then try to add as somethings I want to eat like rucola and basilica into mix and just watch how it goes with them :d

Maybe i could try with some tomatoes after all (i love tomatoes) i found that there is species that grows like this:

so it doesn't need as much space :D
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Maybe I should stick with lettuce and dill at least since they really thrived (produced more than I ended up eating), and then try to add as somethings I want to eat like rucola and basilica into mix and just watch how it goes with them :d

Maybe i could try with some tomatoes after all (i love tomatoes) i found that there is species that grows like this:

so it doesn't need as much space :D
Oh yeah I've actually seen those :yolk:

Lol yes, sounds like a good strategy- start safe and then experiment and do crazy things lol. Fully anticipating a shounen protagonist journey where Berry chan keeps leveling up her gardening skills over the next year :pepeheart:
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Oh yeah I've actually seen those :yolk:

Lol yes, sounds like a good strategy- start safe and then experiment and do crazy things lol. Fully anticipating a shounen protagonist journey where Berry chan keeps leveling up her gardening skills over the next year :pepeheart:
Yep, I can't totally fail if I start with sth that already succeeded.. or maybe I shouldn't jinx that :lazypotato:, watch me suddenly fail lettuce too xd

Still, ganbarimasu! :d
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Yep, I can't totally fail if I start with sth that already succeeded.. or maybe I shouldn't jinx that :lazypotato:, watch me suddenly fail lettuce too xd

Still, ganbarimasu! :d
It'll be something if you fail lettuce after it's already been successful once lol. I have faith, ganbatte :pepeheart:
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Since I just live with my family in our home we just have a garden in our backyard. I could probably take a picture later today.
We also had one when i was younger, I remember liking radishes maybe i should try them out (though i think they need also quite lot of space and land to grow on). We did fail pumpkins though, pumpkin plant just grew upwards metre or two, but never made any pumpkins xd

I would love to see your garden though ^^ Have you planted sth already this year?
 

igloo

cheesecake is delicious
.
Joined
31 August 2018
Messages
2,562
Reactions Received
15,940
Location
in the rain
Website
www.pinterest.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
8,748
Fandom
N/A
Gender
Male
Ship
We also had one when i was younger, I remember liking radishes maybe i should try them out (though i think they need also quite lot of space and land to grow on). We did fail pumpkins though, pumpkin plant just grew upwards metre or two, but never made any pumpkins xd

I would love to see your garden though ^^ Have you planted sth already this year?
I don’t really meddle in the gardening affairs lol. That’s pretty much just my mom.
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I don’t really meddle in the gardening affairs lol. That’s pretty much just my mom.
I didn't much either, just watering once a while and helping with harvest. That's why I'm still noobie and don't know what i'm doing :yolk: xd
 
  • Like
Reactions: Darkseid and igloo

baekk

🌺🌺
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
4,129
Reactions Received
12,479
Location
🌼𝔣𝔩𝔬𝔳𝔢𝔯 𝔤𝔞𝔯𝔡𝔢𝔫
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
I have a balcony garden but mine are full of flowers, except for my tomato plant. On the inside, I have alot of cacti and succulent. I am kinda obsessed with growing plants. :sanapray:
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I have a balcony garden but mine are full of flowers, except for my tomato plant. On the inside, I have alot of cacti and succulent. I am kinda obsessed with growing plants. :sanapray:
I'm thinking of putting up some flowers this year, but still mostly food xd Do you have any tips with tomato? ^^
 

baekk

🌺🌺
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
4,129
Reactions Received
12,479
Location
🌼𝔣𝔩𝔬𝔳𝔢𝔯 𝔤𝔞𝔯𝔡𝔢𝔫
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
I'm thinking of putting up some flowers this year, but still mostly food xd Do you have any tips with tomato? ^^
Tomatoes need a lot of care because bugs like to get in them, make sure you keep an eye on that. Also, make sure you water early in the morning so it can survive for the whole day. They need about 6 hours of sunlight. Keep me updated about your garden~:sanapray:
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Tomatoes need a lot of care because bugs like to get in them, make sure you keep an eye on that. Also, make sure you water early in the morning so it can survive for the whole day. They need about 6 hours of sunlight. Keep me updated about your garden~:sanapray:
I live somewhat high (4th floor) so bugs this far hasn't been issue hopefully they won't interfere with my tomatoes either :chickill: , hmm i hope there is enough sunlight though, my balcony is mostly in shadow not sure. Thanks for the tips though! I will probably try to buy grown up plant or saplings for the tomatoes instead of seeds, so the start isn't as difficult and I will mostly have to try to keep it alive ^^;
 
  • Like
  • Love
Reactions: baekk and igloo

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread